Jairus Byrd's Injury...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AP Story on Wood/Byrd

From story above:

"Byrd played with a groin injury through most of his last collegiate season, and it continued bothering him this spring. The Bills were aware of the injury and suggested the player have an operation when Byrd met with the coaching staff in Buffalo in mid-June. Byrd, however, waited to have the operation about two weeks ago."

jw

AP Story on Wood/Byrd

From story above:

"Byrd played with a groin injury through most of his last collegiate season, and it continued bothering him this spring. The Bills were aware of the injury and suggested the player have an operation when Byrd met with the coaching staff in Buffalo in mid-June. Byrd, however, waited to have the operation about two weeks ago."

jw

Great work as usual John!

And hey, if that's something that was really going to keep bothering Byrd throughout the season, it's a good thing he got it taken care of. He can take the next few weeks and absorb the playbook, catch up on all of that lost time a bit.

AP Story on Wood/Byrd

From story above:

jw

They should CROWELL his a$$! :w00t:

You da man, John. Thanks for checking in before heading over to the field.

Between the missed OTA's and this, looks like it'll be Whitner/Scott at safety for the immediate future ... which is what I've been expecting anyway.

At least Angelo Crowell had a "football-related" injury.

Byrd's relationship is more like: Bills defensive coordinator Perry Fewell coached with Byrd’s father, Gil, on the St. Louis Rams’ staff in 2003 and 2004.

I think you can pretty much count him out as being much of a factor this year now. He's going to miss all of TC and the first 3-4 games of the season. For a rookie, that pretty much X's the guy out of any meaningful playing time. ST's? Maybe, but much more than that? No.

surprised the Bills have not had their typical knee jerk response and put him on IR already

They should CROWELL his a$$! :flirt:

We can't do that to draft picks..hyping rookies is part of the overall PR plan.

In all seriousness, hernia's are not fun. I had one when I was 12 and while I was running around 10 days later, playing pro football two weeks later seems ambitious. He'll probably remain behind the curve until deep into the season.

AP Story on Wood/Byrd

From story above:

jw

Thanks John. And with regard to the bolded passage above, WTF? If he'd had the operation in mid-June he'd be about 5 weeks into his recovery by now. I'm failing to understand the timing of his surgery.

Thanks John. And with regard to the bolded passage above, WTF? If he'd had the operation in mid-June he'd be about 5 weeks into his recovery by now. I'm failing to understand the timing of his surgery.

I can only assume it was Eugene Parker's doing, relating to contract negotiations.

I can only assume it was Eugene Parker's doing, relating to contract negotiations.

Either that or he put it off for a while hoping it would heal up on its own or something. I know that is something I would do but you would think in his position he would do what the coaches suggested.

Except that he's a Safety...and had 17 INTs in 3 years...and our current Safeties couldn't pick off a ball if their lives depending on it...

He has never played safety he is a CB that they will convert to safety. They just make the assumption he can do that seamlessly.

Everette Brown signed early and seems to be very hard at work playig his natural position.

He has never played safety he is a CB that they will convert to safety. They just make the assumption he can do that seamlessly.

Everette Brown signed early and seems to be very hard at work playig his natural position.

Wrong, he was a corner/FS/Rover in college. On the Oregon athletics page he is listed as a free safety

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB...p;ATCLID=175543