Jairus Byrd's Injury...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be glad he did, otherwise the FO would have traded up and he would have been our #1 pick.

That would be funny if it weren't so likely true...

I hope he is Ed Reed too, my worry is that Ed Reed would not be Ed Reed, in the Bills system and with the Bills awful coaching...

I hope he is Ed Reed too, my worry is that Ed Reed would not be Ed Reed, in the Bills system and with the Bills awful coaching...

It's possible that Byrd is here longer than the coaching staff.

But I really don't mind the coaching that much. It's certainly not top 5 in the NFL, but IMO it's not bottom 5 either. The weak, smallish, and injury prone players on defense bothered me for DJ's first couple years. But the D seemed better with Stroud in the middle last year. The lack of a NFL caliber starting QB bothered me for DJ's first couple years, but Edwards is now in his 3rd year, and looks steady most of the time when he's able to play. The lack of a pass rush bothers me. That's on the coaches due to lack of effective schemes.

Bottom line for me is although there are 5-10 coaches that I'd rather have, our coaching has generally improved year over year. If the Bills can fix the pass rush, Byrd has the potential to become a very good playmaker.