If Trent Has A Bad Year....

Who would we blame more, Trent or the OL? If Trent has another mediocre season, do we take into account that he has all 5 players on his OL playing a position they have never played before?

Who do we blame if he has a good year?

PTR

Who would we blame more, Trent or the OL? If Trent has another mediocre season, do we take into account that he has all 5 players on his OL playing a position they have never played before?

Kinda depends on whether the line plays decent. If the running game is successful and he generally has time to throw the ball and he !@#$s up then it's on Edwards.

Good line play doesn't automatically equal good QB play.

It all depends on what his play actually looks like on the field and not on a stat sheet.

If he's running for his life but making plays when he can, then yes, it would rest on the O-line. If he plays like the 1st half of last year's Cleveland game, then it's on him & it's time to move on.

If he plays like he did before the concussion, then get your playoff tickets & watch him be named to the Pro Bowl (which in my wildest dreams, no Bill is permitted to play in)

It all depends on what his play actually looks like on the field and not on a stat sheet.

If he's running for his life but making plays when he can, then yes, it would rest on the O-line. If he plays like the 1st half of last year's Cleveland game, then it's on him & it's time to move on.

If he plays like he did before the concussion, then get your playoff tickets & watch him be named to the Pro Bowl (which in my wildest dreams, no Bill is permitted to play in)

they'll scrap both after this year if T.O. gets pissed off and embarrasses the organization

Kinda depends on whether the line plays decent. If the running game is successful and he generally has time to throw the ball and he !@#$s up then it's on Edwards.

Good line play doesn't automatically equal good QB play.

Yeah I think the better question is, if this year goes poorly primarily because the O-Line doesn't get it together, what to do about Trent?

I'm holding out (a slim chance of) hope that the O-line will miraculously jell real quickly... If that happens, the pressure's on Trent. I'm not yet convinced he can play the longball. But if the O-line gets him his chances (now with both Evans and TO at WR), he had better show us something this year.

I'd like to see some good mojo from the O-line before Sept. 14. If that happens I'll be extra-pumped!

well i think its pretty obvious - if he doesn't have time to throw, it's the offensive line's fault, if he does and still struggles he'll take the blame.

Don't know who we'd blame more, but i can promise you either Colt McCoy of Sam Bradford would be the next qb at one bills drive if TE doesn't perform in 2009.

"Depending on how the OL plays" is the correct answer. The problem is fans still always see what they want to see.

The legion of JP apologists on this board in the early part of 2007 was a really good example. Our QB had plenty of time to throw in the first two games vs. Denver and Pittsburgh but it was somehow described as "JP running for his life" before he got hurt.

I would say if the OL isn't any worse than last year with the weapons he has on the outside now, it's on Trent.

IMHO Trent does not get a flyer if he stinks up the joint this year, not hoping for, or expecting

it, but I really belive that he will have no excuses.

You look at Big Ben Stalklisburger, he had a pitiful OL to start the year last season, but in spite

of this, he held that team together, he was constantly pressured, harrased, and sacked, especially

the first half of the season, and he basically carried that OL, until they came together and started

to jell a little in the second half. He basically willed them to a successful season with his ability

to feel pressure, move around a bit, shake off a 300+# tackler, and keep the chains moving.

I think it is fair to Compare him to BB at this point in his career. He may never be as good as BB,

but he certainly has the weapons around him offensively that he had, better run game, more

recieving weapons, etc...etc...No excuses this year. The only thing is, is that BB has proven he is

more durable than Trent, and that is the one area that he is vulnerable at, let's hope his off-season

conditioning program helps him with that, but you can't do any type of training that can prepare

you for a concussion, or your head being slammed to the turf.

With that being said, I think that it is entirely possible that TE has agood year, maybe even a Monster

Year, and we still could be outside looking in. Who do we blame then? That might be the bigger quetion.

He may never be as good as BB,

but he certainly has the weapons around him offensively that he had, better run game, more

recieving weapons, etc...etc...No excuses this year. The only thing is, is that BB has proven he is

more durable than Trent, and that is the one area that he is vulnerable at, let's hope his off-season

conditioning program helps him with that, but you can't do any type of training that can prepare

you for a concussion, or your head being slammed to the turf.

Who is BB? Bill Bellyache? BB King? Brian Bellyache?

Who is BB? Bill Bellyache? BB King? Brian Bellyache?

Come on red dog, my whole post centers around comparing Trent to Big Ben, at this point

in their respective careers, and you have the audacity to ask who is BB.

Big Ben, of course. Other wise known as Ben Ruthllisberger, Ben Raplisberger, Ben Toothlisberger,

pick your poison. Bill Bellyache, that is an f ng good one! :w00t:

I don't know who you would blame more, but I do know that if that were to happen this season, nobody's sister-in-laws would be getting winked at by T.O. around Western New York next year, that's for sure! The only way this physical speciman of a future HOF receiver will hang around another year or two so we can watch his immature selfish behavior tear apart our favorite team, is if Edwards connects with him for his usual 1,200 yards and 10 TD's.

I don't know who you would blame more, but I do know that if that were to happen this season, nobody's sister-in-laws would be getting winked at by T.O. around Western New York next year, that's for sure! The only way this physical speciman of a future HOF receiver will hang around another year or two so we can watch his immature selfish behavior tear apart our favorite team, is if Edwards connects with him for his usual 1,200 yards and 10 TD's.

And this will not happen without a successful ground game. Jmo.