Vick reinstated on conditional basis

Let me just say I am one to never start a rumor. I read these topics and response all day long and some are worthy and some are just down right ridiculous. So take this information for what it is worth. I will either be the scolded and told not to come back or the guy that said you heard it here first. A friend living in the Va. Beach area where Vick resides called me this morning to tell me that Michael Vick is on a plane as we speak en route to Buffalo. I asked him who his source was, and he told me a person close to the Vick family called him right before he called me. I have never had a reason to doubt this source but I thought if it does happen you guys will be the first to know. I know Russ Brandon said we are not interested at this time but he also did say that concerning T.O. What are your thoughts regarding this possible transaction?

You can read the previous 20 or so pages for everyone's thoughts. As Deano said, very doubtful this is happening.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Patriots it dont matter where they put him if they had him. They could him in as CB and he be on the way to the pro bowl. It's the system not really the players. Ask the 3rd string cornerbacks and Troy Brown when they made the Bills passing game look retarded that one year.....

Care to elaborate on why Belicheat wouldn't have the same if not better results handling Vick than Singletary. I'm not sure I follow you. ( not that I don't agree with you on Mike Singletary being a good choice because I do)

Get the sh-- out of your ears.

A BLACK HEAD COACH will protect and deflect better, the angry animal lover media blitz that's sure to ensue. Thus helping Vick prepare for reading defenses. That's it. Now stop your baiting.

Guest dog14787
Get the sh-- out of your ears.

A BLACK HEAD COACH will protect and deflect better, the angry animal lover media blitz that's sure to ensue. Thus helping Vick prepare for reading defenses. That's it. Now stop your baiting.

Mike Singletary could do a good job deflecting the media, but my opinion is based on the man not the color of his skin.

Can Singletary relate, yes he can , but he's a football coach not a shrink and its not up to him to have to take Michael Vick by the hand and protect him from the nasty piranha we call the media. Michael Vick is a man who can stand up for himself and I think he's perfectly content to take any opportunity he can to start in the NFL regardless if the head coach is white or black and to suggest otherwise is ludicrous. ( something a moron might suggest)

If it was true ( big if ) its probably because Michael Vick is getting ready to appeal the suspension and is meeting with some players in Buffalo to discuss his options.

Players in Buffalo are going to help Mike Vick with his appeal????

Look, if you think he's going to appeal this decision, this incredible gift from God(ell), your are simply insane.

Guest dog14787
Players in Buffalo are going to help Mike Vick with his appeal????

Look, if you think he's going to appeal this decision, this incredible gift from God(ell), your are simply insane.

I was giving the only logical reason Vick would even be coming to Buffalo. I did say big if ( you must have missed that), I try to stop short of actually calling someone's post a lie without proof. Oh and little Weo, I could care less what you think.

Mike Singletary could do a good job deflecting the media, but my opinion is based on the man not the color of his skin.

Can Singletary relate, yes he can , but he's a football coach not a shrink and its not up to him to have to take Michael Vick by the hand and protect him from the nasty paronia we call the media. Michael Vick is a man who can stand up for himself and I think he's perfectly content to take any opportunity he can to start in the NFL regardless if the head coach is white or black and to suggest otherwise is ludicrous. ( something a moron might suggest)

I love when people play the "I'm so enlightened I can pretend the realities of how race impacts perception and treatment of individuals doesn't exist" card. :pirate:

With the Patriots it dont matter where they put him if they had him. They could him in as CB and he be on the way to the pro bowl. It's the system not really the players. Ask the 3rd string cornerbacks and Troy Brown when they made the Bills passing game look retarded that one year.....

Their front seven had more to do with it than schemes. Actually, the Patriot schemes are pretty bland when you break them down. But they can afford to be with that superior front seven. They play as much or more zone coverage than anybody which is why those pedestrian draft picks and Troy Brown looked so good. Especially against those anemic Bills offenses. I'm not saying Belicheat doesn't throw in a wrinkle now and then, I'm just saying it's a lot easier to implement things with superior personnel and he's enjoyed that with his front seven for years now.

GO BILLS!!!

I was giving the only logical reason Vick would even be coming to Buffalo. I did say big if ( you must have missed that), I try to stop short of actually calling someone's post a lie without proof. Oh and little Weo, I could care less what you think.

Actually, I had issue with your suggestion that even if he was planning an appeal, he would be heading to Buffalo for any reason connected to this, or that this would be "logical".

But, keeping in mind that you could "care less", your even allowing a "big if" regarding an appeal reveals that you don't understand the huge break Vick got and the precariuos position he remains in.

Put anther way (again), he will never appeal this and there is absolutely no "logical" reason to allow for even the remote possibility that he would.

Oh really, so you are comparing HITLER and MIKE VICK? Are you serious kid?

Hitler you can clearly realize he was not a good person. Mike Vick's actions are far different and making a judgment off what the public knows about him is foolish.

Comparing him to Hitler is ridiculous but from what I know about Vick and what he did I feel I can make a judgment. Torturing and killing dogs is not someone of sound mind.