I have not heard anyone mention him that has been to

If Butler bombs we can switch him back into guard because we know that Chambers can play RT........but we dont really have an answer on the team if Langston isn't cutting it.......

Anyone care to comment on Langston that has been to camp? How is he doing?

Wouldn't the same hold true if Langston isn't cutting it? Chambers is listed as the back-up at each tackle position, is he not? And we also have Demetrius Bell IIRC.

Pitta,

This might be true I just dont have as much confidence in the LT situation.

Maybe they're waiting until the first couple preseason games to see how Langston holds up at LT before looking at a guy like Levi Jones or even Jon Runyan. I would love to have Runyan on this team. Here's hoping Bell develops into a serviceable starting tackle...

It's generally assumed that Walker is OK against strength rushers. His problem will be against speed rushers. Schobel isn't really a classic speed guy, though he has some of that in his arsenal. We won't really know how Langston holds up against speed rushers till Maybin gets here, and even then he might not play much at all on that side this year in practice.

The problem is that if Butler bombs, I can't see them moving LW back to RT. They'll be an even bigger hole at LT if they do that. They might bring in Bell (if he's ready) to RT if Butler completely bombs. I think he'll be alright though

Maybe they're waiting until the first couple preseason games to see how Langston holds up at LT before looking at a guy like Levi Jones or even Jon Runyan. I would love to have Runyan on this team. Here's hoping Bell develops into a serviceable starting tackle...

Runyan had serious knee surgery in the off-season and if he plays this year it will be with the Eagles. Jones is also not quite healthy or ready to play right now.

Runyan had serious knee surgery in the off-season and if he plays this year it will be with the Eagles. Jones is also not quite healthy or ready to play right now.

That said, I would take either player over Langston Walker or Kirk Chambers.

Wouldn't the same hold true if Langston isn't cutting it? Chambers is listed as the back-up at each tackle position, is he not? And we also have Demetrius Bell IIRC.

Chambers is playing at guard, and Bell is the backup LT.

John, I'll tell you why you haven't heard much about Walker -- he's going up against Schobel, who isn't exactly overexerting himself. On more than one occasion, I noticed 94 come up out of his stance, engage with Walker, and then just stop. Not always when the play was going the other way, either.

Then again, Schobel's never been known for killing himself in practice (much less in July/early August), so it's not like this is anything new.

John, I'll tell you why you haven't heard much about Walker -- he's going up against Schobel, who isn't exactly overexerting himself. On more than one occasion, I noticed 94 come up out of his stance, engage with Walker, and then just stop. Not always when the play was going the other way, either.

Then again, Schobel's never been known for killing himself in practice (much less in July/early August), so it's not like this is anything new.

true enough. as long as he brings the heat (the pre-2007 heat, that is) come september...

true enough. as long as he brings the heat (the pre-2007 heat, that is) come september...

I agree with that on Schobel and think he has a chip on his shoulder to show everyone hes not done. The only thing im worried about is LW getting a real passrusher to work with. If hes used to Schobel dogging it in practice then hes not getting his practice in either as we may notice in the first game when he gets extremely blown over or around by a stud DE. Lets hope that Schobel is talking to him alot and helping him pick up certain things, and that when Maybin gets here he makes LW work for his money.

I agree with that on Schobel and think he has a chip on his shoulder to show everyone hes not done. The only thing im worried about is LW getting a real passrusher to work with. If hes used to Schobel dogging it in practice then hes not getting his practice in either as we may notice in the first game when he gets extremely blown over or around by a stud DE. Lets hope that Schobel is talking to him alot and helping him pick up certain things, and that when Maybin gets here he makes LW work for his money.

Precisely. Can't remember whether it was part of the Saturday-afternoon crew (Jack, Jay, and Pinto Ken), or Tim on Sunday morning, but someone made the observation to me, "This isn't helping Walker get any better."

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it was Ken ... and I agreed with him.

Precisely. Can't remember whether it was part of the Saturday-afternoon crew (Jack, Jay, and Pinto Ken), or Tim on Sunday morning, but someone made the observation to me, "This isn't helping Walker get any better."

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it was Ken ... and I agreed with him.

one practice a day and the coaches let them dog it

no wonder the players like Dick so much

does anyone think Parcels would tolerate this kind of crap?

I said the same thing when JP Losman was made the starting QB over Drew Bledsoe....You have to let the current players play before clamoring for players on the waiver. This staff has decided that Bell and Chambers are good enough and you have to let Bell play to see if he is a NFL worthy LT before throwing him by the wayside.

If Butler bombs we can switch him back into guard because we know that Chambers can play RT........but we dont really have an answer on the team if Langston isn't cutting it.......

Anyone care to comment on Langston that has been to camp? How is he doing?

Too early to tell IMO....Are they even in pads yet?

Whatever happened to "the guys work hard here in Buffalo"?