More fun with the Birthers!

The GOP???!!???

Coming up with the claptrap that the GOP is behind the Birther movement is as !@#$ing silly as the rumor of the President not being an American citizen.

Didn't mean to imply that the GOP came up with the movement. But their inability to denounce it is very telling and is tantamount to supporting it. So yeah, the GOP needs to either denounce these wackos or keep the appearance that they endorse them.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't mean to imply that the GOP came up with the movement. But their inability to denounce it is very telling and is tantamount to supporting it. So yeah, the GOP needs to either denounce these wackos or keep the appearance that they endorse them.

Quite frankly, the GOP shouldn't dignify this BS with any type of comment any more than Obama should. Politics 101.

Quite frankly, the GOP shouldn't dignify this BS with any type of comment any more than Obama should. Politics 101.

Oh, I agree. But that ship sailed already. Everytime a GOP rep is asked anything about it, they dance around it, instead of flatly stating it's bunk. They DO offer their commentary about it. They've opened the door for ridicule. Hell, Inhofe said "they have a point." A US Senator who should know better.

They need remedial work before they can even consider Politics 101 it seems.

Oh, I agree. But that ship sailed already. Everytime a GOP rep is asked anything about it, they dance around it, instead of flatly stating it's bunk. They DO offer their commentary about it. They've opened the door for ridicule. Hell, Inhofe said "they have a point." A US Senator who should know better.

They need remedial work before they can even consider Politics 101 it seems.

Inhofe said that? Inhofe's a !@#$ing moron, then. I still wouldn't hold that against the entire party, though.

In 1941, when Roosevelt went to Congress for a declaration of war against Japan, the vote (combined House and Senat) was 470-1. The one "nay" vote (I forget who, probably a Republican, given FDR was a Democrat) declared that it was a British trick perpetrated by Winston Churchill to get us in the war, and there was no proof it really happened.

The point of that little vignette being: there are idiots everywhere. "Stupid" is not a partisan issue.

Who cares? There are a lot of lefties who believe Bush was responsible for 9/11.

Oh Jesus, that's like saying there are backward retards in the Bible Belt who all vote Republican. BFD. There are gullible morons on both sides. If anything it's more of a vocal minority than any significant percentage of just about any demographic you feel like citing.

Who cares? There are a lot of lefties who believe Bush was responsible for 9/11.

No, there are insane people who believe Bush was responsible for 9/11. Not a lot and since when does an insane person's beliefs have anything to do with political leanings-they're insane-in other words incompetent to make a rational decision. That describes people on all ends of the spectrum.

The easiest way to shut up a 9/11 conspirator who says the planes didn't hit the Pentagon-Ask what they did to the people on the planes. None of them have the footballs to say what should be their logical(?) conclusion- that the government killed them all, including Olsen's wife. They know they'd immediately be put in the crackpot wing.

No, there insane people who believe Bush was responsible for 9/11.

No Bush was not responsible for 911. Still his watch. Who do you blame, the security guard that just leaves off their shift warning you of danger or the guy actually on the shift that should have been working, doing his job, remaining vigilant while he was gettig robbed. I tell you one thing, if Bush was a security guard (which the Prez basically is) he would have been fired right away. I don't know why he and the transition get a free pass? Same goes for Obama... Even more for Obama if something bad happens especially now when we are all supposed to even more vigilant.

It still astounds me how the once proud republican party, of which I was a member of not that long ago, can still find new ways of making themselves into a splintered, fragmented, nutball fringe party......how else can you explain this?

So you opted to not be a member of the Republican party so you can be a splintered, fragmented nutball fringe member of the Democratic party?

Excellent.

As a conservative, I must thank you. For the GOP, that's the truest form of addition by subtraction.

No Bush was not responsible for 911. Still his watch. Who do you blame, the security guard that just leaves off their shift warning you of danger or the guy actually on the shift that should have been working, doing his job, remaining vigilant while he was gettig robbed. I tell you one thing, if Bush was a security guard (which the Prez basically is) he would have been fired right away. I don't know why he and the transition get a free pass? Same goes for Obama... Even more for Obama if something bad happens especially now when we are all supposed to even more vigilant.

Important to note that "responsibility" and "culpability" are not necessarily the same thing.

So you opted to not be a member of the Republican party so you can be a splintered, fragmented nutball fringe member of the Democratic party?Excellent.As a conservative, I must thank you. For the GOP, that's the truest form of addition by subtraction.
U lose moderates, make Palin your inviolate Godhead and now this, you truly get what u deserve.

U lose moderates, make Palin your inviolate Godhead and now this, you truly get what u deserve.

The only people making Palin something more than a recently retired Governor is the media and obsessed liberal talking heads like yourself, Tingles and Olbermann who have no ability for original thought. Much in the way fewer people would be listening to Rush if it weren't for the liberals bitching about him all the time.

But as we conservatives like to say, "Things could be worse. Bishop Hedd could still be a Republican."

Here is some food for thought. Both my children are born in Indiana and I always was astonished by how little information is on their birth certificate than mine and my wife's one from New York... Granted we were born in 1967 and 1968 respectively. I know mine and my wife's has all kind of stuff on it, like religion... My children born in 1998 and 2002 respectively has nothing but name, place of birth and parent's name and their place birth.

Can something be in HI's birth certificates that the Birthers want to see... That is what I am getting at.