More fun with the Birthers!

And the federal income tax was temporary and not capped at 20% because that was deemed to be outrageous.

Watch this:

Obama Lies.....Granny Dies

As usual, you and no one else can't actually show anything in the bills that resembles the crap and blatant lies you accuse it of having -- your response is it's in there "just cuz I say it is".

All of the groups and evaluators and pilot programs and committees and overseers in all of the bills have ZERO POWER to make any decisions on your care or rationing care. The most they can possibly do is make a suggestion to your private doctor you chose on what might be a better procedure. ALL decisions are made by your private insurance company in every single plan. Every single one of them. No government beaurocrat can stop you from taking an aspirin or your doctor from providing any care, exactly the same way it is now.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/st...ma-death-panel/

In fact, there are specific provisions in the bill that say these commissions CANNOT make any kinds of decisions whatsoever like rationing.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/st...-decide-your-h/

http://factcheck.org/2009/07/false-euthanasia-claims/

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THERE IS NOTHING WHATSOEVER IN ANY BILL BEING DISCUSSED THAT HAS ANYONE BUT YOU AND YOUR DOCTOR AND YOUR PRIVATE INSURANCE COMPANY MAKING ANY DECISION ON YOUR CARE!!! NOTHING!! ANYWHERE!

Mr. McMurphy, It's time for you're electroshock therapy.

Kelly...you're really working hard on this one. I respect you more than the average Liberal scum that lies with a straight face because I think you really feel you are doing the right thing. You have passion at least...and I appreciate that.

That video tells you what the plan is. Now I choose to take BoBo at face value when he said multiple times that he wants a single public option, and they might need to start with something a bit watered down for a few years.

I pay out the ass for private insurance as someone who is self-employed. I also have maxed out my deductable and co-insurance this year. I would have died if I was on the government plan. My first ultrasound (which I was able to schedule on my own and have done within 2 weeks) came back as inconclusive. The Dr. said he didn't think it was anything. I went for a second opinion at Roswell (which my private insurance entitles me to do). In a matter of 6 hours not only did they tell me it was cancer, but they had me in a CT machine, chest X-ray, blood tests....and had me on the operating table within 36 hours. I was then given chemotherapy over radiation...MY CHOICE!

If I was on BoBo's plan, your wet dream would have come true and I'd probably be dead now. At the very least the cancer would have continued to spread. Since I had cancer before, they certainly wouldn't waste a 2nd test on me if a Dr. said things looked ok to him.

I will continue to pay out the ass for private insurance and be thankful that I can afford to do so.

Kelly...you're really working hard on this one. I respect you more than the average Liberal scum that lies with a straight face because I think you really feel you are doing the right thing. You have passion at least...and I appreciate that.

That video tells you what the plan is. Now I choose to take BoBo at face value when he said multiple times that he wants a single public option, and they might need to start with something a bit watered down for a few years.

I pay out the ass for private insurance as someone who is self-employed. I also have maxed out my deductable and co-insurance this year. I would have died if I was on the government plan. My first ultrasound (which I was able to schedule on my own and have done within 2 weeks) came back as inconclusive. The Dr. said he didn't think it was anything. I went for a second opinion at Roswell (which my private insurance entitles me to do). In a matter of 6 hours not only did they tell me it was cancer, but they had me in a CT machine, chest X-ray, blood tests....and had me on the operating table within 36 hours. I was then given chemotherapy over radiation...MY CHOICE!

If I was on BoBo's plan, your wet dream would have come true and I'd probably be dead now. At the very least the cancer would have continued to spread. Since I had cancer before, they certainly wouldn't waste a 2nd test on me if a Dr. said things looked ok to him.

I will continue to pay out the ass for private insurance and be thankful that I can afford to do so.

A few years ago, like a lot of Democrats and even some Repubicans, Obama thought the best policy would be a single payer plan. Since he has been a Presidential candidate and especially since he has been President there has been no talk of a single payer plan, simply because there is no way to pass it. There aren't nearly enough votes to start to talk about it. No committee is discussing it (excluding they are allowing people like Bernie Sanders to offer up bills that no one is considering but him).

I have seen countless people talking about this. Obama has never said anything as President about a single payer plan, just the opposite. Nothing in this bill or any bill comes close to resembling a single payer. All kinds of non-partisan people evaluating it has said it. The CBO and factcheck and other such places show definitively that private insurance is not going anywhere, in fact it will be expanding.

By the way, the new plan won't allow you to max out. There are limits to how much you can possibly pay, and your private insurance wouldnt be able to charge you more or drop you. You wouldnt have been on a public plan because you would have chosen a private one.

Sorry to hear about your condition.

Sorry to hear about your condition.

I'm cool, thanks for the thought. I should be going strong all the way to the apocalypse! I will be on surveillance though for the next 7 years and will not be insurable as an individual. I need CT scans and X-Ray/Blood done every few months and I have been to 8 different hospitals for tests/care over the past 10 years. The system is under stress as it is, and it is far from perfect. In fact, I don't know how older folks can deal with it. I really fear what will happen though under a government system.

By the way....notice how quick the Birth Certificate issue died! You didn't even see me touch that one though.

I'm cool, thanks for the thought. I should be going strong all the way to the apocalypse! I will be on surveillance though for the next 7 years and will not be insurable as an individual. I need CT scans and X-Ray/Blood done every few months and I have been to 8 different hospitals for tests/care over the past 10 years. The system is under stress as it is, and it is far from perfect. In fact, I don't know how older folks can deal with it. I really fear what will happen though under a government system.

By the way....notice how quick the Birth Certificate issue died! You didn't even see me touch that one though.

Under the new plan, they can't turn you down for insurance, private or public, regardless of previous conditions. :thumbsup:

Under the new plan, they can't turn you down for insurance, private or public, regardless of previous conditions. :thumbsup:

I understand it will be easier for people like me to get covered.....like I said though, the first scan the doctor says inconclusive and I am told it is probably fine. Now what are the odds I am able to get another test done under a public plan?

If I was without insurance, I guess I would have had to go on Medicaid.

I understand it will be easier for people like me to get covered.....like I said though, the first scan the doctor says inconclusive and I am told it is probably fine. Now what are the odds I am able to get another test done under a public plan?

You will never be in a public plan. You choose your plan and you would always choose private. EVEN if you chose a public plan, you could pay for all kinds of covered services you need, and your doctor and you and your private insurance company working under the public plan would make the exact same decisions you're making now. You would know what it covered with the same certainty (or uncertainty) you know now. There is no such thing as a government beaurocrat making a decision on your coverage or care, even under public plans.

What are the odds you would be able to get another one today through private insurance?

It is kinda interesting you mention going on Medicaid. When Medicaid and Medicare were signed into law there was a whole lotta screaming about "socialized medicine" then too. So too with SSI. Today, while admittedly there are abusers, those programs are lifesavers to many people.

More fun with "Death Panels". The GOP in general and Grassley in particular voted in favor of the same thing a few years ago. Oops.

You would think that if Republicans wanted to totally mischaracterize a health care provision and demagogue it like nobody's business, they would at least pick something that the vast majority of them hadn't already voted for just a few years earlier. Because that's not just shameless, it's stupid.

Yes, that's right. Remember the 2003 Medicare prescription drug bill, the one that passed with the votes of 204 GOP House members and 42 GOP Senators? Anyone want to guess what it provided funding for? Did you say counseling for end-of-life issues and care? Ding ding ding!!

Let's go to the bill text, shall we? "The covered services are: evaluating the beneficiary's need for pain and symptom management, including the individual's need for hospice care; counseling the beneficiary with respect to end-of-life issues and care options, and advising the beneficiary regarding advanced care planning." The only difference between the 2003 provision and the infamous Section 1233 that threatens the very future and moral sanctity of the Republic is that the first applied only to terminally ill patients. Section 1233 would expand funding so that people could voluntarily receive counseling before they become terminally ill.

So either Republicans were for death panels in 2003 before turning against them now--or they're lying about end-of-life counseling in order to frighten the bejeezus out of their fellow citizens and defeat health reform by any means necessary. Which is it, Mr. Grassley

http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2009/08/13...e-death-panels/

And of course, Sarah Palin did, too, in Alaska.

WHEREAS, Healthcare Decisions Day is designed to raise public awareness of the need to plan ahead for healthcare decisions, related to end of life care and medical decision-making whenever patients are unable to speak for themselves and to encourage the specific use of advance directives to communicate these important healthcare decisions. WHEREAS, in Alaska, Alaska Statute 13.52 provides the specifics of the advance directives law and offers a model form for patient use.

WHEREAS, it is estimated that only about 20 percent of people in Alaska have executed an advance directive. Moreover, it is estimated that less than 50 percent of severely or terminally ill patients have an advance directive.

WHEREAS, it is likely that a significant reason for these low percentages is that there is both a lack of knowledge and considerable confusion in the public about Advance Directives.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:_qjXL_...lient=firefox-a