JP and Jim Fassel and DJ

zazie

So say JP lights it up like Hamdan NFLE 2006-what's the NFL going to offer? A back up spot :beer:

If you are right than JP is even dumber than you!

That is funny you are right Albany. The best season ever in the UFL gets him an NFL backup spot maybe.

Anyway I saw a quote FROM him saying, he needs the UFL to get back into the NFL. No NFL team made him an offer he WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE MONEY. Duh.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I am a HATER of dumb@sses, not of JP. Right now I'd have to say you're vying for the king of the dumb@sses, with your response. See let me explain a few things-I didn't compare the UFL to 5 year olds-I compared JP in the UFL with an adult (probably with no football skills, like me) playing with a bunch of kids, my statement said just because you (the adult) plays well vs the kids, don't go thinking you can play in the NFL. If JP plays ok in the UFL (see Hamdan NFLE) it means nothing. In other words, minor league stats don't equal NFL jobs. As far as my 2nd use of the 5 year olds in the post, it was a carryover-ever watch something where something referred to 20 minutes earlier is brought back for comedic effect? After watching the 5 year sitcom of JP at QB, that's what I was doing. You have to be pretty STUPID to think I was actually comparing adult minor leaguers to 5 year old kids.

As far as the # of coaches. The NUMBER has to increase by at least 2 if JP's so called "plan" works out. If he's been screwed by the # the Bills had, exactly how is more inconsistency in 2 more entirely brand new systems going to "unscrew" JP?

Your premise that JP CHOSE to to play in a minor league rather than accept a back up job in the NFL is absurd, especially since you believe having multiple coaches screwed him. It would make a lot more sense for him to learn a system and show a team something in exhibition games & practice than going to a SIX GAME league. If they do have any exhibitions (they haven't even announced their regular season schedule yet & it's getting kind of late) I doubt they'll have enough structure to help JP settle into the system he'll be using for an entire six game schedule. If JP was seriously trying to develop his game, which after 5 NFL bust seasons is pretty much a lost cause (look at the history of busts & see how many, if any developed their game after 5 years-especially in the salary cap era), he'd have gone to the CFL where they play a lot more than 6 games. The UFL season is not much more than the NFL exhibition season-JP will play 1 more regular season game than the Bills play preseason games. The bottom line is if JP could have signed anywhere other than the UFL, he should have or would have. Should have if there was a chance, would have if (a big if) after stupidly shunning backup offers, the only place left was the UFL.

Lengthy post of CRAP dum bass. You in fact did compare the UFL to 5year olds DUM BASS.

This thread, headed by the original post is a classic example of why some people have labled me & others "JP haters". Guess what, we're not JP haters, we're stupidity haters. I have nothing against JP other than he wasn't good enough to play in the NFL and retarded the Bills progress. However, I have a huge problem with posts like the opening one.

Here are my points:

32 NFL teams determined that they have better, cheaper, smarter, whatever better QBs on their roster than JP. That's 0 for 32. The worst teams in the league passed on JP because they felt someone else in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string spots gave their team a better chance than JP.

JP signed with a minor league team. Just because he's coached by a former NFL head coach-who was subsequently let go as an offensive coordinator by one of his closest friends and couldn't get a real shot at another NFL HC spot-it doesn't make the level of competition anywhere near the NFL level. It's a 4 team league that's going to be filled by rejects. If JP plays well, it proves nothing. It's like one of you going out and asking to play in your 5 year old's game. If you play well, you better not start dreaming of an NFL career.

Speaking of minor leagues, Gibran Hamdan played so well in NFL Europa that he was the MVP in 2006. That year he completed 63% of his passes and had 12/3 tds /ints. After his MVP season he then got waived by 3 more teams and eventually landed on the Bills. The main reason he's been able to stick with the Bills is because he's best buds with the starting QB and helps him out on the sidelines. If he was as distant with Edwards on the sidelines as JP was last year, he wouldn't have been invited back. Just look at what the Bills did early on in free agency-they didn't ever think of Hamdan as a possible #2, they went out & signed another QB for #2. Point: Minor league stats don't mean a lot when it comes to NFL teams evaluating players.

The more JP Losman played, the worse he got. It's no coincidence that he had his best year in the middle of the one year he was a full time starter. JP got in some decent games against some bad teams & his supporters were all claiming he turned the corner. Once D coordinators got some film on the guy, his career was over. He had one good play in the 2006 season finale and was bad the rest of the game.

That kind of like last year with Edwards starting .Starts off good againts teams with loosing records and suck it up the rest of the year. In 2006, Losman beat the Jets who had a 10-6 record the second half season. And we were 3-3 in the division.The teams he started againts that year[2006] had a combine record of 147-109. He was the 10 rated QB that year. We finished 7-9. Last year with Mr. Edwards starting we finish with 7-9 record and 0 wins in division, and that was with the third easiest schedule in football. He only threw what like 11 tds. You think with Mr Edwards starting and the third easiest shedule , we would be better than 7-9.

I think Losman made the right decision. Instead of holding a clipboard on an NFL sideline all year, he took the road less traveled and opted for immediate playing time to prove that he can be an effective pro quarterback. In the NFL, he would just toil in obscurity as a second or third string QB, whereas now he is the marquee player in a brand new league. Under the tutelage of a seasoned offensive minded coach in Fassel, in a league that has a dearth of quality talent, JP could really shine. If he lights it up in the UFL, a team with a need at quarterback or an injury to their starter may be obliged to sign him.

Did it hurt Kurt Warner or Jake Delhomme to star in the Arena League? Losman is still young enough to turn his career around. I like this move on his part.

A good test of DJs coaching will be seeing how JP progresses in Vegas with Jim Fassel coaching him. If he does well, and gets back to the NFL and has even a moderately successful career from here, that will say plenty about DJs coaching ability or lack thereof.

IF he still sucks, then, I guess he just sucks and maybe DJ just had the bad luck to be saddled with an unable 1st round QB for several years. And a weak armed injury-prone 3rd round QB thereafter.

Somehow, call me crazy, I think JP will step up and be back in the league 2010 and do well. Fassel will coach him up and he will respond.

I certainly wish that for him he is a good person and still supports Buffalo by living downtown to this day.

Hopefully TE will be able to do well this year for us (despite DJ) too.

The UFL defense is not the same as the defense seen in the NFL especially in the AFC East, where Belichek had Losman by his hair.

JP does have a very good chance to succeed in the UFL and get back into the NFL.

I don't think Fassel working in UFL is a good comparison with DIck in the NFL....BTW I already see your anti-Dick intent in the message.

The UFL defense is not the same as the defense seen in the NFL especially in the AFC East, where Belichek had Losman by his hair.

JP does have a very good chance to succeed in the UFL and get back into the NFL.

I don't think Fassel working in UFL is a good comparison with DIck in the NFL....BTW I already see your anti-Dick intent in the message.

My intent is always anti-dick, unless its my own.

pro kitty though...

It was already posted and discussed, but the article on ESPN.com - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4346612 - bears reposting. To me (an admitted JP fan) it shows that Losman knows this is a huge gamble, but he feels that going into the UFL and playing as opposed to carrying a clipboard and waiting for someone to get hurt/benched is better for his development and shot at getting back into the NFL and having a longer career. He knows he has stuff to work on, he's not playing the blame game, and he is looking forward to working with Fassel on getting better.

It was already posted and discussed, but the article on ESPN.com - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4346612 - bears reposting. To me (an admitted JP fan) it shows that Losman knows this is a huge gamble, but he feels that going into the UFL and playing as opposed to carrying a clipboard and waiting for someone to get hurt/benched is better for his development and shot at getting back into the NFL and having a longer career. He knows he has stuff to work on, he's not playing the blame game, and he is looking forward to working with Fassel on getting better.

I am a JP fan just because he was such a solid citizen and a gentleman throughout. He didn't whine last year when he was made second stringer, he always showed up for the community, etc. I want him to succeed, all expectations aside.

Lengthy post of CRAP dum bass. You in fact did compare the UFL to 5year olds DUM BASS.

Great comeback. If you're too STUPID to understand analogies I can't discuss things with you. So instead I'll state this clearly. You have the intellect of a 5 year old, and that is NOT an analogy.

Actually, I like this attitude of Losman. I hope he can make a successful re-entry back to the NFL. However, one thing I did not like with him last season was that when he was given a chance to start due to TE's injury, Losman spent more time talking about how these games were audition for him rather than thinking about getting the Bills to the playoffs. It seemed a little selfish.

Great comeback. If you're too STUPID to understand analogies I can't discuss things with you. So instead I'll state this clearly. You have the intellect of a 5 year old, and that is NOT an analogy.

You say you hate stupidity not JP......................Self HATRED. please don't try to discuss things with anyone, keep your stupid thoughts to yourself, IDIOT.

Actually, I like this attitude of Losman. I hope he can make a successful re-entry back to the NFL. However, one thing I did not like with him last season was that when he was given a chance to start due to TE's injury, Losman spent more time talking about how these games were audition for him rather than thinking about getting the Bills to the playoffs. It seemed a little selfish.

Well in all fairness, no one in Buffalo has spoken the word "playoffs" with any sincerity in about a decade, so it's not surprising it wasn't on his mind. :rolleyes:

Like so many have said, JP has to not only come in and play well, he has to DOMINATE from the QB position in the new (minor) league. And I feel JP knows this as well. And that's why I'm concerned. Whenever he's been faced with that do or die situation, he's tended to put a lot of pressure on himself and played uptight and worried about making mistakes and, well, we all saw how it worked out. There will be more than just the pressure of playing well on JP. He's going to be counted on to be one of THE faces of the new league. He's also going to be playing with inferior supporting casts (even worse than what he had in Buffalo). I'm hoping that's relative to the crappy personnel on defenses but, again, it's just more added pressure on JP to perform well. If he handles the pressure this time around he should get a shot at the NFL again. If not, he won't.

GO BILLS!!!

You say you hate stupidity not JP......................Self HATRED. please don't try to discuss things with anyone, keep your stupid thoughts to yourself, IDIOT.

NO ONE messes with FlJPLfan#1's special realtionship with JPL!

wait for it...........

If you go back and look at Losman stats his first three years, he showed improvement each year and the last two years he got worst. Even in the win colume. Went from 5 wins in 2005 to 7 wins in 2006 and thats with a tougher schedule. How many wins did we have the last two years with easier schedules. When was the last year Sam Wyche was here?

Whether or not JP showed improvement is totally irrelevant. The point of my post was to refute the notion that head coaches hold the hands of QBs. Thats not their job.

I think Losman made the right decision. Instead of holding a clipboard on an NFL sideline all year, he took the road less traveled and opted for immediate playing time to prove that he can be an effective pro quarterback. In the NFL, he would just toil in obscurity as a second or third string QB, whereas now he is the marquee player in a brand new league. Under the tutelage of a seasoned offensive minded coach in Fassel, in a league that has a dearth of quality talent, JP could really shine. If he lights it up in the UFL, a team with a need at quarterback or an injury to their starter may be obliged to sign him.

Did it hurt Kurt Warner or Jake Delhomme to star in the Arena League? Losman is still young enough to turn his career around. I like this move on his part.

Did you forget that Fassel failed miserably in his quest to get another NFL job? He is 0-6 in head coach intereviews in recent times? And he had also failed to get the Bills job interviewing against DJ who lots of people on this board view as anathema?

So thinking that JP should shine under Fassel maybe a stretch. If other NFL teams were not willing to give the guy another coaching position, it might be because the guy is just not that good.