Again...the team that will eventually move to L.A. is the Jags

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayne Weaver already said he is going to be the owner for the next 10 years... also said he was going to keep the team in jacksonville.. so how are they going to move?

i know you live in jax...the team is second hand to college...season ticket sales are at 36,000...they've had trouble selling out games and tarp the stadium just to get the games on tv...I've meet fans over the past 10 years from the jacksonville area...they're transplants from Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Chicago & Green Bay...when the Steelers or Bills play at Jax-Municipal they tell me the same thing-that half the stadium is either black and gold or red, white and blue...face it the only following jacksonville has is a mixture of college sports and what color Tim Tebow's poop is going to be!

The point is, just as you are saying young fans will grow up to be Jags fans, Soccer fans were saying youngsters that grow up playing Soccer will become Soccer fans as adults & the game will become popular in America. Guess what, they didn't, they are Football fans & the young fans you speak of will grow up to be Fins & Bucs fans NOT Jag fans. Also provide a link about Weaver keeping the team in JVille & Tags taking the team over................I would like to read that for myself.

It really doesn't matter what anyone's sayin' today. It's all just postering. Ralph threatened moves before Rich Stadium was built. Irsay said he wasn't leaving Baltimore, Modell wanted to keep the Browns in Cleveland and on and on.. Where there's room for Jags moving is that they're not supported in their home city and there's still no national faithful. Outside of NE Fla, you're hard pressed to find a Jag fan in any city at a bar on Sunday's in the Fall.

JBB just seems a tad too young to get it. JMO.

Oh, and soccer sucks! No arms, no hands = Exercise, not sport.

20 years ago Soccer fans were saying.....................Just wait, when the 5 & 6 year old kids that play Soccer are in their 20's, Soccer will be HUGE in America :thumbsup:

To be fair soccer is a hell of a lot more popular here then it was in 1989.

Actually, what you could say is foottball isn’t popular in Jacksonville.

Actually I would go as far as to say jacksonville is the most popular place for football in the world. Highschool football you can see 30,000 fans at. Jacksonville is the gateway to college football with teams like Florida,Georgia, Florida State.. Also jacksonville as a city puts more college football athletes and NFL athletes than any other city... Yes, the NFL isnt, and will never be though for some reason... GO BILLS

This will be a debate that will continue as long as the NFL exists. The "my team shouldn't move- your team should". Right now, I think everyone is staying put because no city or individual can build a stadium and no individual wants to look silly putting up $800 million (at least) to buy a team. The Bills are looking pretty good right where they are with renovated stadium, a sold out stadium and no debt load on a stadium.

The issue isn't whether it's Jax or Bills going to LA. The issue is who is in play to move [anywhere] first.

The Bills will be in play first. Statistically speaking, Ralph's time is coming due. The estate will sell the team. No one in Bflo has the net worth needed to compete with out of town wealth. Some rich guy from out of town buys the team... and they're gone.

I disagree with the originals poster's presumption that the next NFL team move or expansion will be into LA. LA and Cali have not proven fertile grounds for Raiders or Rams, the taxpayers quarrel over building a mega-Stadium, and their current economy may be making it even worse. I don't know what city would be next, but LA is about even chance with another dozen or so US cities.

Other scenarios:

1. Ralph lives well into his hundreds. The team stays as long as he does. My favorite option.

2. Out of Town Rich Guy buys the Bills; but finds Bflo to be the best business decision for them to play. My second favorite option.

no debt load on a stadium

Stadium Debt! That is an excellent point. Each day the national economy sours, and taxpayers revolt somewhere, is another day where the Bills look more likely to stay in Bflo.

Not alot of cities will pony up the millions needed to build a stadium and just hand it over to an NFL team. No team will move to LA until there is a stadium and no municipality in the LA area will build one right now. The only stadium in the works right (outside of Jerry Jones's privately financed stadium) now is the $800 million Santa Clara stadium to lure the Niners 40 miles south and that is fading every day as taxpayers there take a look at what they will spend. Plus the Niners thought they would get assistance from the NFL stadium fund, but the NFL says that money is all gone. There will not be a new NFL stadium built anywhere for a while. So everyone will stay put for a while.

The issue isn't whether it's Jax or Bills going to LA. The issue is who is in play to move [anywhere] first.

The Bills will be in play first. Statistically speaking, Ralph's time is coming due. The estate will sell the team. No one in Bflo has the net worth needed to compete with out of town wealth. Some rich guy from out of town buys the team... and they're gone.

I disagree with the originals poster's presumption that the next NFL team move or expansion will be into LA. LA and Cali have not proven fertile grounds for Raiders or Rams, the taxpayers quarrel over building a mega-Stadium, and their current economy may be making it even worse. I don't know what city would be next, but LA is about even chance with another dozen or so US cities.

Other scenarios:

1. Ralph lives well into his hundreds. The team stays as long as he does. My favorite option.

2. Out of Town Rich Guy buys the Bills; but finds Bflo to be the best business decision for them to play. My second favorite option.

While it looks like the Bills will be the 1st team in play, you never know. Ralph could live into the 100's...............I know 3 people that live in Venice Fla that are over 100 years old. The owner of another team may pull a Michael Jackson or Billy Mays, you never know.

I will never understand why there are 3 teams in Florida. The Jags are the most likely to leave town for LA due to the fact that they are in an oversaturated market for NFL football.

The Bills if they are ever going to move it is going to be to Toronto (As much as I would hate that)

I will never understand why there are 3 teams in Florida. The Jags are the most likely to leave town for LA due to the fact that they are in an oversaturated market for NFL football.

The Bills if they are ever going to move it is going to be to Toronto (As much as I would hate that)

I agree about the Bills, but the Rams are a team that may move to LA................................Then the Jags can move to St. Louis. :thumbsup:

The more I hear, the more I think the Bills are safe and should be in the Buffalo/Niagara market for many more years.

I love the Niagara Falls stadium idea. A retractable dome (could be used for conventions, superbowls, etc.) in the falls would be convenient for Canadian fans, tourists, WNYers, and I believe would attract wealthy business people from NY, Toronto, Buffalo, and elsewhere to buy up the necessary luxury suites to keep the team competative. What a great weekend for entertaining clients - the background of Niagara Falls, wining and dining, and topped off with a catered NFL luxury box, with views of the falls from the suite. Picture that! Can you imagine the panoramic shots from the Metlife blimp?

That would be a must see venue for NFL fans doing the stadium circuit.

And they could name that stadium "CAVE OF THE WINS! :thumbsup:

And they could name that stadium "CAVE OF THE WINS! :devil:

I was almost 100% against a Niagara Falls stadium, but hearing that nickname almost completely changes my mind.

It will be a saaaad saaaaad day in WNY history when Rich Stadium is no more.

I was almost 100% against a Niagara Falls stadium, but hearing that nickname almost completely changes my mind.

It will be a saaaad saaaaad day in WNY history when Rich Stadium is no more.

Not with a nice new facility to replace it

I just don't believe Toronto could support an NFL team. They can barely sell out the Bills games. Didn't they just about have to give away tickets for the Dolphins game last year?

If the Bills were good last year, and d-bag extraordinaire JP wasn't starting, and if they hadn't been coming off a 1-5 stretch, they probably would have sold more tickets. Toronto will be a fine market whenever they get an NFL team, be it the Bills, expansion team, or otherwise.

Portland - in Seattle market (I think)

Toronto - in Buffalo market ( :devil: )

Las Vegas - I heard they won't because its on gambling grounds

Oklahoma City, San Antonio, and Omaha are my choices. I go with Omaha.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jacoblink/2712775022/sizes/o/

i lived in bellevue, ne for my 4yrs in the usaf, which to omaha is the equilivant of lackawanna to buffalo as far as location.

i could walk from my base to rosenblat stadium in about 15 mins. add another 10 mins and your in downtown omaha. omaha's metro area is very much like buffalo's. actually it is almost identical complete with tons of 1way streets. the only major difference is omaha was smart enough to not build eye sore highways right on top of downtown.

as much as it would have been nice to have pro sports in ne, that ENTIRE state bleeds red. people in nebraska are born into being a husker fan similar to how most wnyers are born into being bills/sabres fans.

i just dont think the support would be there as 90thousand + make the drive to lincoln on saturdays, and that same 90thousand+ would need to support the nfl team. college tickets are alot cheaper than any tickets for a relocated nfl team would be, so i dont ever see the nfl in ne.

unless warren buffett decided to buy a team and move them to omaha as a reward to the people, it'll never, ever, eeevvvvveeerrrr, happen

If the Bills were good last year, and d-bag extraordinaire JP wasn't starting, and if they hadn't been coming off a 1-5 stretch, they probably would have sold more tickets. Toronto will be a fine market whenever they get an NFL team, be it the Bills, expansion team, or otherwise.

So, what you're saying is that they're real fair-weather fans. If everything is hunky-dory, the fans will show up, otherwise, it's back to hoserland, eh? And I believe they were only able to sell the tickets at greatly reduced prices. Most of the fans in the stands displayed about as much enthusiasm as I would muster up at curling match.

Yeah, that's just what the NFL needs - not. That would be so much better the Buffalo, right?

Too much opposition from the long-established CFL, fans in Buffalo, and all the Toronto hockey moms and dads who have to have their kids at the Oakville rinks on Sunday at 5am.

The hardcore NFL fans in the greater Toronto area already come to OP for the games, and from many accounts, they prefer the games and tailgating parties stay in WNY.

Other than a few wealthy corporations courting American business interests, I don't believe they would give any substantial support, particularly after hockey is in full swing at the beginning of October. Toronto would effectively tell the NFL team to puck off.

Do the Bills show their home preseason games on tape delay? I don't even watch the away games, and have been to less than 5 home preseason games in 24 years of having season tickets, so I don't know, but I didn't think they did.

I'd think San Antonio would come up against the same problem the Jaguars have faced - trying to gain football fan allegiance in an established market. In Jacksonville, the locals were/are already wrapped in Gator blue and orange, and the NFL team is always the Dolphins.

In San Antonio, the Cowboys are the longtime heros, and they've got the Aggies and Longhorns nearby too.

I don't believe the NFL team would do much better in San Antonio.

Dallas isn't that far to the north, and the expansion Houston Texans are even closer to the east.

Not much south (maybe Mexico?) or west of San Antonio to draw from. By all accounts, San Antonio is a really nice city, but I can't see they'd get great support, unless there are plenty of deep corporate pockets who will gladly fill the lucrative luxury suites and make it worthwhile. (sad, if that's what it's really come to)

Portland - it's about the same distance from Seattle as Buffalo is to Syracuse. Don't think the Seahawks would be too happy about a Portland team.

L.A. seems like the logical choice, if they have to go anywhere.

O.K. by me - that would be one more city we could cross off the list as a potential home to the Bills.

The USA metro areas are about saturated, and I think the NFL is running out of cities to run to. I think team owners are running out of places to use as a bargaining chip for new digs and other municipal concessions.

I just don't believe Toronto could support an NFL team. They can barely sell out the Bills games. Didn't they just about have to give away tickets for the Dolphins game last year?

getting off track here, but......

The more I hear, the more I think the Bills are safe and should be in the Buffalo/Niagara market for many more years.

I love the Niagara Falls stadium idea. A retractable dome (could be used for conventions, superbowls, etc.) in the falls would be convenient for Canadian fans, tourists, WNYers, and I believe would attract wealthy business people from NY, Toronto, Buffalo, and elsewhere to buy up the necessary luxury suites to keep the team competative. What a great weekend for entertaining clients - the background of Niagara Falls, wining and dining, and topped off with a catered NFL luxury box, with views of the falls from the suite. Picture that! Can you imagine the panoramic shots from the Metlife blimp?

That would be a must see venue for NFL fans doing the stadium circuit.

The Bills future could be very bright if handled properly. Jacksonville - screw 'em.

Strongly agree. I believe the NF stadium idea is absolutely great for the exact same reasons as well.