Again...the team that will eventually move to L.A. is the Jags

Portland - in Seattle market (I think)

Toronto - in Buffalo market ( :devil: )

Las Vegas - I heard they won't because its on gambling grounds

Oklahoma City, San Antonio, and Omaha are my choices. I go with Omaha.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jacoblink/2712775022/sizes/o/

Portland and Seattle are separate markets, as are Buffalo and Toronto.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omaha? They are in Kansas City's market and not a very large city. Its metro is smaller than Buffalo's. Expect San Antonio and LA first.

Omaha and KC are separate markets.

Listen guys lets end it once and for all, Im not a jacksonville fan at all, but its not going to happen... The thing is you hear in Buffalo that the bills are going to move all the the time... But down here, you never here anything about them moving.

What? Maybe if your ears are plugged, you don't hear it.

But it is true you don't hear as much, down here, about the Jags moving as you do, in WNY, about the Bills possibly moving. I attribute that to the fact that you simply don't hear much about the Jags PERIOD down here. Very few people give a rat's ass about the Jags. They could move, and few would notice.

Actually I would go as far as to say jacksonville is the most popular place for football in the world.

Yes, you could SAY it, but it wouldn't make it true. It would simply make you look dumber than you already look...and that's pretty bad. College and high school football is popular in many US cities...and some of them actually give a s#it about the NFL, too.

Really? I always thought Portland and Seattle were a close drive around 2 hours... sorta like a Buffalo/Rochester.

For the Bills - we are trying to make Toronto help the Buffalo market

They are fairly close, but they are two distinct markets. Seattle is the 14th largest DMA in the country while Portland is #22.

Listen guys lets end it once and for all, Im not a jacksonville fan at all, but its not going to happen... The thing is you hear in Buffalo that the bills are going to move all the the time... But down here, you never here anything about them moving.

yeah yeah yeah......

i'm sure relocation was never talked about with the baltimore colts or cleveland browns either, but those teams still moved.

another reason why jacksonville would be harder to move is because there are a lot of local politicans that would fight to keep the team here... and there are politcans that own shares of the jags.. You really think the WNY politicans are gonna try there hardest to keep the team....no

another reason why jacksonville would be harder to move is because there are a lot of local politicans that would fight to keep the team here... and there are politcans that own shares of the jags.. You really think the WNY politicans are gonna try there hardest to keep the team....no

Why do you comment on things you obviously know nothing about? Your cluelessness is AWESOME! (And your English is brutal.)

20 years ago Soccer fans were saying.....................Just wait, when the 5 & 6 year old kids that play Soccer are in their 20's, Soccer will be HUGE in America :lol:

Thats a pretty ignorant statement. Soccer has gained a lot of popularity since 20 years ago. Did you see just yesterday an EXHIBITION soccer match in Seattle drew over 66,000 fans? It will never reach the popularity of the NFL - but its growing nicely.

Thats a pretty ignorant statement. Soccer has gained a lot of popularity since 20 years ago. Did you see just yesterday an EXHIBITION soccer match in Seattle drew over 66,000 fans? It will never reach the popularity of the NFL - but its growing nicely.

Yeah, well the NFL could draw 66,000 in London for an exhibition match. That does not mean the NFL is popular in Europe. Any American that is any good in soccer leaves to play in Europe. Why do you think that is, because the game is so popular in America? I doubt there are very many people on this board that could name more than a few BIG NAMES in the soccer world. That is not popular. Soccer as I said was supposed to be BIG in this Country by now................HAS NOT HAPPENED.

What possible proof do you have to back up that statement, when WNY politicians have taken the Bills' future in Buffalo straight to Roger Goodell?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

Yeah, the local politicians (note spelling) in Jacksonville are the only ones in the whoooole country who care about keeping their team. Sure.

why dont we just drop this whole thread...it is very stupid

:lol: :lol: :wallbash::lol:

Can dish it out, but can't take it, I see:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...hl=Jacksonville

And those are just a few of the stupid threads you have started. What a POS you are.

Do the Bills show their home preseason games on tape delay? I don't even watch the away games, and have been to less than 5 home preseason games in 24 years of having season tickets, so I don't know, but I didn't think they did.

They used to, back before the home preseason games sold out. (IIRC, the Kids' Day game has been a sellout ever since they started it, and they also sold out the second preseason game in 2007, so you're talking '06 or earlier.) Channel 7 would carry them the next night.

So ... back to the original point of the thread. Is Jax the only team in the league that can't get its home preseason games on the air, even with a tape delay? I believe they are.

This thread may interest some of you: http://the506.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1247699651

your right Im not a bills fan.. I am waiting for the right time to buy the team and move them to toronto.. Also, I plan on keeping the name Bills for the team.

They used to, back before the home preseason games sold out. (IIRC, the Kids' Day game has been a sellout ever since they started it, and they also sold out the second preseason game in 2007, so you're talking '06 or earlier.) Channel 7 would carry them the next night.

So ... back to the original point of the thread. Is Jax the only team in the league that can't get its home preseason games on the air, even with a tape delay? I believe they are.

This thread may interest some of you: http://the506.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1247699651

back in the day didnt Bills preseason games blackout?

back in the day didnt Bills preseason games blackout?

Yes, but they were shown on tape-delay. I have at least the last six years' worth on either VHS or DVD.

Yes, but they were shown on tape-delay. I have at least the last six years' worth on either VHS or DVD.

Yes, the Bills preseason games were shown (usually the next day) if they weren't sold out.

What an embarrassment to Jacksonville, that they have already decided to not telecast the home preseason games, locally. You know what's worse? I can't find anyone locally who gives a s#it. Until I told the few people who claim to root for the Jags, none of them had heard about it (even though it was in the front page of the sports page, here.) Their (universal) response to the situation? "Who cares?"

Those are some great football fans, no? I'm sure the local politicians will put an end to it, seeing as how they are so supportive of the Jags!