Last post wins!

/dev/null

You should try to meet up with Poojer.

thought of that.

Just got back from Price Chopper they had grass fed beef in one pound packages. $5.89 per pound . Last days sell it march 7 so it had a $3 off sticker on it. Burgers tonight and I will freeze the other package.

thought of that.

Just got back from Price Chopper they had grass fed beef in one pound packages. $5.89 per pound . Last days sell it march 7 so it had a $3 off sticker on it. Burgers tonight and I will freeze the other package.

Why, hello thar.

Let me know how it turns out. If not to late, drop some red wine vinegar in to the meat before making your patties. I add a little sea salt and pepper some times, too.

Why, hello thar.

Let me know how it turns out. If not to late, drop some red wine vinegar in to the meat before making your patties. I add a little sea salt and pepper some times, too.

Just salt and pepper.

Just finished dinner. There is a different taste. Meat shrinks , used 85%. Very good, will do it again. I did put one in the freezer. Only paid 2.99 for the package. It was 3 off because, last day to sell it.

Edited by mead107

Just salt and pepper.

Just finished dinner. There is a different taste. Meat shrinks , used 85%. Very good, will do it again. I did put one in the freezer. Only paid 2.99 for the package. It was 3 off because, last day to sell it.

better taste or worse? or just different? if so how is different?

Just salt and pepper.

Cu

better taste or worse? or just different? if so how is different?

Curious to hear mead's response. I gave mine many pages ago and want to compare.

Cu

Curious to hear mead's response. I gave mine many pages ago and want to compare.

The steaks are very good that I have had out. the hamburger has a Dryer taste not sure what words best describe it. I think I will have to try it with a reg store beef burger trying them at the same time.

The steaks are very good that I have had out. the hamburger has a Dryer taste not sure what words best describe it. I think I will have to try it with a reg store beef burger trying them at the same time.

I'm trying to remember how I described it...tangy, but not in a bad way.

Real cute moderators. I was wondering how long it would take you to figure it out, my little "error syntax" something or other...

I'm trying to remember how I described it...tangy, but not in a bad way.

The tangy taste can come from a variety of things, depending on what you're tasting. Some times it is simple the meat you're tasting that is not burdened down with globs of fat. If it is not marbled enough the ground beef can lose all the fat.

The tangy flavor can come from endophytes, weeds, improper nutrient balances, and packaging. If it hung just a bit too long, if it got a little bit of a leak in the freezer, or if it just got too warm at some point it can cause a livening taste.

The pure tangy taste can come from eating more summer grasses, or plants with a higher fiber count, iirc. Something to do with the time of year and the grasses available and what else that animal got in to factors to taste.

Some packagers just double pass their meat in the grinder. Mine does. Some do it 3 or 4 times to make it very fine. Every time this is done it loses moisture, as the fat is broken up. Grassfed is less fat already.

If you get the chance Mead, the vineger coagulates with the blood in the burger to help it from steaming away, and can help reduce the drying effect. Also, though not highly recommended, an egg can reduce this effect as well.

Edited by jboyst62

Just salt and pepper.

Very nice pic!