Last post wins!

/dev/null

And the 5 pin bowling leagues should be starting soon.

Amazingly, I have never heard of 5-pin.

Now in New England*, they have this queer variant known as 'Candlepin' bowling - odd-shaped pins, tiny balls, 3 balls per frame, and they don't clear the pins between balls...

Now in New England*, they have this queer variant known as 'Candlepin' bowling - odd-shaped pins, tiny balls, 3 balls per frame, and they don't clear the pins between balls...

Love me some candlepin!

At one time, Candlepin Bowling was one of the higher rated sports programs in the Boston market. I s#it you not.

Of course you are aware of another type of bowling, common (at least at one time) in a few of the mid-Atlantic states, Duckpin Bowling.

At one time, Candlepin Bowling was one of the higher rated sports programs in the Boston market. I s#it you not.

Of course you are aware of another type of bowling, common (at least at one time) in a few of the mid-Atlantic states, Duckpin Bowling.

Exciting as that looks, you cannot beat curling for its pure unbridled enthusiasm and flamboyant fashion...

Do they shoot video of their competitors? :rolleyes:

Exciting as that looks, you cannot beat curling for its pure unbridled enthusiasm and flamboyant fashion...

:blush:

As I have noted many times in the past, I stopped watching curling when the brooms evolved into brushes. The sex appeal of the broom slapping against the ice is now gone from the game. Sad.

As I have noted many times in the past, I stopped watching curling when the brooms evolved into brushes. The sex appeal of the broom slapping against the ice is now gone from the game. Sad.

or when metal replaced wood in golf, or when goalies started wearing masks. :blush:

or when metal replaced wood in golf, or when goalies started wearing masks. :blush:

...or the giant tennis rackets. :w00t:

(I actually like goalie masks, for what it's worth. Not so crazy aNFL players wearing tinted visors, though.)

But, let's not digress. Curling is (at least was) a BROOM game. Maybe they'll start using leaf blowers sometime soon.

...or the giant tennis rackets. :blush:

(I actually like goalie masks, for what it's worth. Not so crazy aNFL players wearing tinted visors, though.)

But, let's not digress. Curling is (at least was) a BROOM game. Maybe they'll start using leaf blowers sometime soon.

Alas, Deano, I'm afraid the traditional curling broom has gone the way of hickory golf shafts, the mashie, and the niblick...

link

On decks . looks good when you first put it down . then looks like sh-- next year . not much in the way of stain (water profing toner ) stays on .

Speaking of stain, I once saw a coffee stain that looked just like Abraham Lincoln.

Speaking of stain, I once saw a coffee stain that looked just like Abraham Lincoln.

Link

How about Michael Jackson on the bonnet of a Rover, with angel wings?!

When I saw the picture I immediately turned to my wife and said: 'What is Michael Jackson doing on my car bonnet?'

How about Michael Jackson on the bonnet of a Rover, with angel wings?!

Not to be confused with the Wings of Eagles air show that used to be held in Geneseo before moving to Elmira in the late 90s.