Last post wins!

/dev/null

AH HA!!! SUDDENLY THE THREAD REOPENS AFTER ALLEGATIONS OF MISCONDUCT! If you're hoping that I will drop my investigation you are sadly mistaken!

Link

What does the FBI have to do with this? Are you still upset J Edgar had a better shoe collection than you?

What does the FBI have to do with this? Are you still upset J Edgar had a better shoe collection than you?

Who had more shoes, Hoover or Imelda Marcos? What about quality?

Just a guess but I would say that Imelda had more shoes but Hoover had better quality.

Imelda could spend an entire countries resources on whatever looked appealing at the time, so she probably had several short lived fads in her closet

J Edgar on the other hand had to keep up appearances at the latest Washington DC dinner party. He couldn't just go wearing the same thing as somebody else

He also had an impressive collection of panty hose and dresses. :unsure:

See, you are contagious Steely. You should lay down and rest.

Yeah, you'd like that wouldn't you! What's your angle here? How much have you been given to participate in this conspiracy? :angry: Be honest! The FBI has started their investigation and charges of "obstructing justice" is a serious crime! You think I'm joking! You think I'm funny? Funny how?!

That question can apply to dresses too, I think.

Did J. Edgar Hoover Really Wear Dresses?

By Ronald Kessler

Mr. Kessler is the author of a new book on the FBI, The Bureau: The Secret History of the FBI, available from Amazon.com.

In 1993, Anthony Summers, in his book Official and Confidential: The Secret Life of J. Edgar Hoover, claimed that Hoover did not pursue organized crime because the Mafia had blackmail material on him. In support of that, Summers quoted Susan L. Rosenstiel, a former wife of Lewis S. Rosenstiel, chairman of Schenley Industries Inc., as saying that in 1958, she was at a party at the Plaza Hotel where Hoover engaged in cross-dressing in front of her then-husband and Roy Cohn, former counsel to Senator Joe McCarthy.

"He [Hoover] was wearing a fluffy black dress, very fluffy, with flounces and lace stockings and high heels, and a black curly wig," Summers quoted Susan as saying. "He had makeup on and false eyelashes."[1]

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :blink:

Dean, I do do humbly apologize for seeing your honest victory despoiled in this manner by these...ahem..."people".

Have you all no shame? This thread ended already! Let it go...

What can you say? I'm not surprised by this blatant snub, this absence of class.

What are you a Pats* fan?

:unsure:

Just American

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Just American

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Four score and seven minutes ago, we, your fore fathers were brought forth upon a most excellent adventure. Conceived by our new friends, Bill and Ted. These two great gentlemen are dedicated to a proposition which was true in my time, just as it's true today. Be excellent to each other, and...party on dudes!