Fred Jackson

major

Exactly what I was thinking. Imagine if this turns into a big thing between them. Maybe Action Jackson just wants some of the national spotlight.

Do you really think that an undrafted guy from a Division 3 school in Iowa, that played in defunct football league, is married, and plays in Buffalo really craves a national spotlight???

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freddie is a 2nd / 3rd string RB on a team that hasn't seen the playoffs in 9 years. T.O. comes to the team as the top TD receiver in the NFL over the last 3 seasons, so Freddie needs to STFU.

Listening to a top NFL player when you have proven nothing on your own may give you a better chance of doing something.

wow, thats heavy ogre,

the fact of the matter is T.O is a great player. fred jackson is an up and comming player. everyone gets that.

the point of jackson's comments, imo, is that if T.O. starts to call out not the TEAM, but specific players in the MEDIA, aka how the stuff went down with romo, whitten and the coaches in dallas, someone will have to tell T.O. to shut his mouth.

everyone seems to forget that this guy (T.O.) is for all intents and purposes, a leased car that will be gone after 1 yr.

so while i've always liked T.O. and all his antics, i completely agree with jackson, because when T.O is gone after this season, we will still be left with alot of players that are currently on the TEAM that will need to get along next year.

in closing, i have no problem with T.O. using his ways to install a winning attitude and work ethic with our current bunch of underachievers. the coaching staff has proved that they cant. but T.O. no matter how great he is, can not cross the line to cause infighting on the team.

REMEMBER, T.O. HAS NEVER WON A SUPERBOWL AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL.

Yes, and it's not even close.

How can you say otherwise?

Not to split hairs with you, but he has not been on the field for one real snap yet, and your

claiming he is the best player on our team? I see why the bash the sh-- out of you all the

time on this site, it is all crystal clear now.

If you were to tell me that he is the player currently on our team, with the most NFL accomplishments,

I couldn't offer you a valid argument, but he is not the best palyer on our team until he proves that,

with "our team". I am not really sure who currently is, but ML and Moorman come to mind right away,

and Stroud is not chopped liver, and yes, IMHO, Freddy is in the top three, if TO is the best player on our team,

we are in more trouble than I thought.

I'm saying don't try to stir up something that's not even there yet. Sometimes things are better left unsaid or communicate it with body language, but don't call a guy out for no reason at all.

I haven't taken the time to research the context of this quote, but I'm going to assume he was merely answering a question posed to him, not forcing his way into the media workroom and commandeering the podium.

My take: nothing to see here, move along.

I haven't taken the time to research the context of this quote, but I'm going to assume he was merely answering a question posed to him, not forcing his way into the media workroom and commandeering the podium.

My take: nothing to see here, move along.

I would assume that you are correct, however, you and I both know that it is the sound bites or the selected quotes that makes the biggest splashes.

I don't think it is a bad thing for Jackson to feel this way, or for that matter act upon what it is that he is saying, if the situation presents itself, but I'd rather have him not have said anything publicly.

Fred Jackson made the following comment about TO (if TO gets out of hand in the locker room during the season): "Nobody wants that kind of stuff in the locker room. I'll be one of the first guys to say something to him if I feel like he's getting out of hand. No question about it. I'll be one of the first guys to say something to him. We have a good group of guys that won't hesitate to say anything to him."

Action Jackson vs. TO - I can't wait.

The one thing that we are all missing is what was the question that brought out that response.I highly doubt that Fred just came out and said that.If he did why is he tring to stir the pot.

Get the question he was asked and his entire response to the question and I am sure it won't sound so tough.

I hope that's Freddy's response when anybody in the locker room steps out of line. Him pointing the finger directly at TO probably isn't the most diplomatic way to handle the situation, but at least everybody knows where he stands.

Okay, after watching the video clip (story linked in yesterday's Bills Beat on the TBD front page), it's even more obvious that the interviewer was asking specifically about Owens. It's a pity they edited out the question, so we couldn't hear the exact wording or tone of voice.

Fred Jackson had one good year. Freddy better just shut up and play the game. :)

It's better than the none by Brian Leonard and getting traded after your rookie season. :unsure:

If a player made it all the way to the NFL, they can say whatever they want. You never talk about people you work with? Plus, it's been completely blown out of proportion.

Not to split hairs with you, but he has not been on the field for one real snap yet, and your

claiming he is the best player on our team? I see why the bash the sh-- out of you all the

time on this site, it is all crystal clear now.

If you were to tell me that he is the player currently on our team, with the most NFL accomplishments,

I couldn't offer you a valid argument, but he is not the best palyer on our team until he proves that,

with "our team". I am not really sure who currently is, but ML and Moorman come to mind right away,

and Stroud is not chopped liver, and yes, IMHO, Freddy is in the top three, if TO is the best player on our team,

we are in more trouble than I thought.

So if we acquired Adrian Peterson or Peyton Manning right now, they wouldn't be the best player on our team?

What are you basing the "best" player on, statistics?

I realize the message Fred Jackson was trying to send and I know he meant well, but I thought it was unnecessary.

T.O. is an accomplished seasoned Vet and its not up to Fred Jackson to tone T.O. down, its up to Fred Jackson and the rest of the locker room to listen up to what T.O. has to say in my opinion.

It is likely only a part of what he said. At the same time good for him to say the team comes first and to step up and be a leader.

Yes, and it's not even close.

How can you say otherwise?

Not true. TO is unquestionably the most accomplished player on the team. However, he has done nothing to prove he is the best anything on THIS team yet. I am not really sure how you can even compare different positions and determine a “Best player” on a team….

He was also one of the most accomplished players on Dallas, but i don't think he was the best. AND NO this was not intended to have some dipwad to compare Dallas' talent level to the Bills....

How about the fact that he's the only sure-fire HOF on the team and has accomplished a hell of a lot more in the playoffs than Jackson or anyone else on the Bills roster? I realize the Fred Jackson worship on this board is almost limitless, but I really don't want a backup trying to tell the best guy on the team what to do.

So TO and his ZERO rings has accomplished more in the playoffs than Kawika Mitchell and Dominic Rhodes and their Super Bowl Rings? Don't think so. TO is just like 98% of this roster, an also ran without any hardware to back his talk up. Not to mention it's to early in the careers of some of these guys (Poz, Edwards, Lynch) to say he's the only HOF guy on this team

Not true. TO is unquestionably the most accomplished player on the team. However, he has done nothing to prove he is the best anything on THIS team yet. I am not really sure how you can even compare different positions and determine a “Best player” on a team….

He was also one of the most accomplished players on Dallas, but i don't think he was the best. AND NO this was not intended to have some dipwad to compare Dallas' talent level to the Bills....

Let me ask you a question.

Would you consider Lee Evans as one of the best players on this team, even while we don't get him the ball much because he is being covered by almost the entire defense?

Fred Jackson obviously is an ignorant a-hole

why would he say something like this when nothing has even happened yet?

Because more likely than not, someone directly asked him about T.O. causing trouble in previous locker rooms?

Let me ask you a question.

Would you consider Lee Evans as one of the best players on this team, even while we don't get him the ball much because he is being covered by almost the entire defense?

Fair question.

All I am getting at is the unilatteral declation that TO is the best player on the team, is hard to support until the guy has proven anything in a buf jersey.

"One" of the best is a lot different then "the" best. And in my opinion, I have considered Lee the best reciever on the team for the past few years based on his production and i hope that would be the case again this year. I am not sure what the "best player on the team" argument buys but, I'll bite....