3 of the next 5 are on the road.

ICE

Sun 11/14 @ New England Patriots ESPN 8:30 PM

Sun 11/21 St. Louis Rams FOX 1:00 PM

Sun 11/28 @ Seattle Seahawks CBS 4:15 PM

Sun 12/05 @ Miami Dolphins CBS 1:00 PM

Sun 12/12 Cleveland Browns CBS 1:00 PM

So? If we want to say we have 'turned a corner' or 'are better than our record' etc....win no less than two of the road games and the game against St. Louis at home. THEN we can say we are doing something.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:blush:

Are you kidding me? We can't celebrate because we have 3 road games coming up????

Come on Ice, they've won 3 out of the last 4. One against a very good Jets team (who they flat out dominated physically in this game). The O Line hasn't given up a sack in the past 2 games Willis is fast carving out a niche for himself in this football crazy town.

I ask you, if we can't be happy now, WHEN THE HECK CAN WE BE?! :blink::D

Look at how much this team has improved over the past 4 weeks and you have to be happy with the progress. Who cares about three games from now? Let's just look at how far this team has come.

I said it before and I'll say it again, if you can't see the progress that this team is making, then you are trying too hard to be negative.

Sun 11/14  @ New England Patriots    ESPN 8:30 PM 

Sun 11/21  St. Louis Rams    FOX 1:00 PM 

Sun 11/28  @ Seattle Seahawks    CBS 4:15 PM 

Sun 12/05  @ Miami Dolphins    CBS 1:00 PM 

Sun 12/12  Cleveland Browns    CBS 1:00 PM 

So? If we want to say we have 'turned a corner'  or 'are better than our record' etc....win no less than two of the road games and the game against St. Louis at home. THEN we can say we are doing something.

107002[/snapback]

I'll take a wild guess and say we go 3-2 through this stretch of games...which isn't bad really. However, with the start we had to this season, we can't afford to go 3-2...but it doesn't mean we can't enjoy the progress this team has made and have a good time when they win.

I'm ecstatic, but I agree, Buffalo struggled so with execution and dumb penalties early in the season, and there are a number of tests they face to demonstrate what kind of talent they have on this team. The first two wins were against subpar opponents. People asked, "Can they beat a quality opponent. Today we did. Next question: "Can Buffalo win on the road, especially against a quality opponent?" If Buffalo can beat NE next week, it is tantamount to a sending a message to the rest of the league, "Buffalo is back and no one had better take them for granted!"

I'll take a wild guess and say we go 3-2 through this stretch of games...which isn't bad really.  However, with the start we had to this season, we can't afford to go 3-2...but it doesn't mean we can't enjoy the progress this team has made and have a good time when they win.

107061[/snapback]

Exactly how I look at it MDH. A few weeks ago things looked bleek beyond any hope for the future. However, the Bills have shown alot of progress the last couple games and I can say I could not be happier at this point. Im thinking that they have a pretty good chance of winning 3 of those next 5 games providing they play like they did today. I, for one, would be very satisfied with that given how things looked earlier. Man, if what the other poster said about not giving up a sack in the last two games is true, the Bills really may be on the way back. Can you imagine if a month ago someone said the Bills would not give up a sack against the Cards( a very aggressive D,( 8th in team sacks) and the Jets(has the league leader in sacks Abraham) back to back? I would have said they were hopeless Bills appologists, fanboys whatever.

Man, if what the other poster said about not giving up a sack in the last two games is true, the Bills really may be on the way back. Can you imagine if a month ago someone said the Bills would not give up a sack against the Cards( a very aggressive D, 14th in team sacks) and the Jets(has the league leader in sacks Abraham) back to back? I would have said they were hopeless Bills appologists, fanboys whatever.

107079[/snapback]

It's true. Zero sacks in 2 games, zero sacks in 3 out of 4 games since they didn't allow a sack against the Fins either (I think...) <_<

I'm ecstatic, but I agree, Buffalo struggled so with execution and dumb penalties early in the season, and there are a number of tests they face to demonstrate what kind of talent they have on this team.  The first two wins were against subpar opponents.  People asked, "Can they beat a quality opponent. Today we did.  Next question: "Can Buffalo win on the road, especially against a quality opponent?"  If Buffalo can beat NE next week, it is tantamount to a sending a message to the rest of the league, "Buffalo is back and no one had better take them for granted!"

107070[/snapback]

And you can add "at night" to that as well. The Bills have been "not ready for prime-time" for a while now. A win next week would be BIG. I have trouble believing we can pull off such a killer combo.....one week at a time though...

And you can add "at night" to that as well.  The Bills have been "not ready for prime-time" for a while now.  A win next week would be BIG.  I have trouble believing we can pull off such a killer combo.....one week at a time though...

107083[/snapback]

Not that I'm offering an excuse for our poor play during prime time...but to be fair, we're always on the road against a quality opponent in these matchups. That's not generally a recipe for success for any franchise…that being said, GD it’d be nice to win one for a change.

Ice, I agree with you but only to a point.

You were vocal last week after we beat the Cards, saying we hadn't beaten a good team yet. Now we took down the 6-1 Jets & you spew more negativity (tho a little less venomous).

Why not say 1 think positive? You would have more credibility if you weren't so pathologically negative all the time.

When the Bills score a TD do you moan that we have to kick to the other team?

So? If we want to say we have 'turned a corner'  or 'are better than our record' etc....win no less than two of the road games and the game against St. Louis at home. THEN we can say we are doing something.

107002[/snapback]

here's my best shot at an analysis of these games:

@ new england -- the rams were able to move the ball on them yesterday but just kept killing themselves. mike martz is an idiot. the patriots are still hurting in the secondary and the bills have momentum, but it's still not reasonable to suggest or predict a win. i expect a close L (but hope for better).

st. louis -- see above. martz is an idiot. buffalo weather in late november against a pass-happy team -- this one goes into the W column.

@ seattle -- seattle is as inconsistent as they come. if buffalo has avoided any significant injuries by this time, i expect a very close game. hasselbeck has been prone to making the "big mistake" and their receivers drop more than they catch. i'm giving buffalo the L b/c of the locale.

@ miami -- W.

cleveland -- W. this will be a close game as well -- they have some playmakers on offense and their defense is better than you'd think. buffalo gets the edge at home.

of course, this puts the bills at 6-7 with probably no shot at the playoffs even if they win out against SF, cincy, and pittsburgh (which is unlikely). unfortunately, i think it's the most we can expect at this point. a W against new england next week would change everything, most importantly from a confidence standpoint.

ICE, i think the bigger issue here is whether you want to live in the 0-4 past or the 3-1 present. the bills can't do anything about the first four games now; they can only continue to work hard and improve. they've shown real signs of that. do you disagree? is it wrong to acknowledge the recent success?

You were vocal last week after we beat the Cards, saying we hadn't beaten a good team yet.  Now we took down the 6-1 Jets & you spew more negativity

Why not say 1 thing positive?  You would have more credibility if you weren't so pathologically negative all the time.

107138[/snapback]

My sentiments exactly.... GO BILLS!!!!!! <_<

107002[/snapback]

Well, you must be feeling better this week! This time last week you were blasting anyone that had anything positive to say about the team. Judging from this post I sense a twinge of optimism! I mean at least you not saying the win this week means nothing.

(and yes I know all about the game Saturday :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: .....I started drinking rather heavily shortly after half time <_< ...OU struggled but pulled it off! I am happy for them. :(

The Bills ARE doing something. Improving the offense with key lineup changes and better plays. The last 2 weeks has given the entire team a confidence boost and has them entering the New England game on an upswing.

5-3 or 6-2 to finish the season is not a reach, even if they stumble next Sunday. The Bills can't erase the 1st 4 games of the year but can only learn and improve.

Whether you are personally pleased with them means nothing to most here. Your posting style is to fan flames and whine. Your disciples are of the same ilk.

107002[/snapback]

The Bills are on a roll winning 3 of their last 4 games. If you're slow to see a Bills team that has gelled into a true force to be recogned with, then that's your problem. The Bills haved looked stellar the last two weeks and we don't need reactionaries like you telling us what we can or cannot say about this team because you aint the boss of us. The Bills can bash the door down this Sunday night and, unlike you, I refuse to look ahead at the remaining schedule beyond this game.

107002[/snapback]

Whatever happens the rest of the way (and I am not predicting playoffs for us, lost too many already!) I think we are going to see much better Bills football the rest of the way. The offense still has some improving to do, but have made trmemendous strides the last four weeks. If the Bills were 0-8 right now, and I would watch every play of the final 8 games. So, I am happy I will be watching better football the rest of the way....

107138[/snapback]

I used to moan a few years ago when the Bills had to kick off, lol. Amazing what a pretty decent special teams coach can do to a team.

ICE, I used to think you actually had some fair and balanced posts but the last few weeks, they're just impossible to read. I can't believe anyone can actually be as negative as you. Cheer up and look at the bright side, you're not a Dolphins fan, or are you??