Michael Jackson dead - Cardiac Arrest

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope Jermaine sings "Do what you do" for his brother later this afternoon.

edit:

Sources say that Jermaine will represent the Jackson family, singing Charlie Chaplin’s “Smile.” If this comes off as planned and hoped, Jermaine will steal the spotlight from many superstars including Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, Usher, Mariah Carey, and Jennifer Hudson.

Twenty five years ago (1984), Jermaine released an album that should have made him a star in his own right. But for reasons that remain unclear, after he had hits, Jermaine’s career fizzled. This should be an extraordinary moment for him.

Twenty five years ago (1984), Jermaine released an album that should have made him a star in his own right. But for reasons that remain unclear, after he had hits, Jermaine’s career fizzled. This should be an extraordinary moment for him.[/i]

:D:wallbash:

Where do they get this crap from? I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure it out.

;)

Are you an "Elitist" for criticizing the overhype of Jackson's media coverage?

HOWARD KURTZ: Don't you feel deep down that this is overdoing it?

DON LEMON, CNN ANCHOR: No, I don't feel it's overdoing it. And I don't -- and when I hear people say that, I have to be very honest with you, Howie, I think it's elitist. I don't remember -- I'm sure there was some criticism when there was the coverage of Princess Diana's death, but I don't think that there was this sort of criticism that we're having with Michael Jackson.

Michael Jackson is an accidental civil rights leader, an accidental pioneer. He broke ground and barriers in so many different realms in artistry, in pictures, in movies, in music, you name it. So, no, I don't think it's overkill.

;)

Never mind the irony of the media calling anyone else "elitist"...an "accidental civil rights leader"? What? For who, Bubbles the Chimp? :D

I read his posts.

To reach that conclusion, you have been reading them harder than I care to.

(Yes, I said "harder", ya pervs. I almost replaced "reached" with "come to", but I thought that was gilding the lily.)

To reach that conclusion, you have been reading them harder than I care to.

(Yes, I said "harder", ya pervs. I almost replaced "reached" with "come to", but I thought that was gilding the lily.)

Yes that's the conclusion I arrived at. I'm also sure as to what conclusion he came to.

You watched it?

Yes sir, and I enjoyed it. MLK III had a nice little eulogy, the musicians did a descent job, it was really hard for Jermaine to perform but he held himself together rather well. :doh:

Everyone did a great job with their personal MJ experiences, except for that loud ass preacher al sharpton.the

I am a huge supporter of musical Jackson family. I have never seen them perform but I have followed Michael, Jermaine and Janet's career since the early 80's.

I listened to the 5 during their victory tour in philly's JFK stadium while attending a phillies game in '84. I was way up in the 700 nose bleed seats; the top row allowed an unobstructed view of JFK.

Because Jermaine's songs basically sucked?

He could sing circles around a lot of today's artists.

Slappy, I am part the MTV generation. What do you know about 80's music??

-----Lemmie rephrase that, I am part of the pre-MTV generation. :doh: