Brandon Marshall requests trade

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bill Belichick coaching tree continues to rot. Of course, this might not be an issue of Marshall vs. McDaniels but I'd hazard to guess that it is.

Wouldn't you be pissed if you had Kyle Orton throwing to you instead of Jay Cutler? :thumbsup:

No. But if I were Marshall, I'd like to move to another jursidiction... :thumbsup:

Not sure that would be allowed. :thumbsup:

He wants a new contract based on his on-field performance. The Broncos, understandably, aren't ready to fork over a bunch of guaranteed money to someone with Marshall's OFF-the-field performance.

And Denver just signed Brandon Lloyd. Sit out and rot, Marshall.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4261327

also of note from this article, says here that Adam Schefter is joining ESPN in August. hadn't seen it elsewhere yet, although i remember lots of speculation of his whereabouts during draft time....

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=86956

NFLN has since added Jason LaCanfora (former WaPo Redskins beat writer) and Matt Millen.

The Bill Belichick coaching tree continues to rot. Of course, this might not be an issue of Marshall vs. McDaniels but I'd hazard to guess that it is.

Nanker sheds copious tears for the rotting of Bill Belichick's legacy. :thumbsup:

You jusy have to wonder if Pat Bowlen is kicking himself in the a$$ yet for either firing Shanahan or hiring this dipstick...Maybe we are still lucky we have Dickie J...McDaniels are the types of coaches Ralphie usually searches out

My guess is he'll be a Jet if it goes through.

If the Jets have to give up a first and a third for that headcase, I hope they do it. I feel like this kid is going to eventually be suspended for a year, he is constantly in the police blotter. Atleast when we got our headcase (TO) we didn't have to give up picks.

Marshall's trade value has to be not that high due to three reasons. One the draft has already happened so teams don't like to deal picks after the draft. Two his mental problems and possible future suspensions. Three he is entering the last year of a deal and you are going to have to give him big bucks.

So as good as he is and could be would you want to give up a haul in both money and draft picks for a guy with mental issues? I just don't think the Broncos will end up trading him due to the fact that the fans are upset with the new coach and the departure of Cutler as well as the weird draft they had. In the end he stays a Bronco and gets a contract extension.

Wouldn't you be pissed if you had Kyle Orton throwing to you instead of Jay Cutler? :thumbsup:

Not really, the Broncos traded a semi-good QB for a decent QB. He should be more concerned about the offensive system he's going to be in. The Broncos won't throw the ball 40 times a game under McDaniels, and Marshall's stats won't be so ridiculously inflated because of it. He needs to get his contract done now, because he will lose a lot of bargaining power when he doesn't get 15 balls a game thrown his way. Marshall is a top 10 WR, but he probably wants the biggest contract amount for his position.

The Broncos got instantly better by trading Cutler away. It is unacceptable to have 22 turnovers to 27 TDs when you have the best offensive line and a top 5 receiving corps.

Marshall's trade value has to be not that high due to three reasons. One the draft has already happened so teams don't like to deal picks after the draft. Two his mental problems and possible future suspensions. Three he is entering the last year of a deal and you are going to have to give him big bucks.

So as good as he is and could be would you want to give up a haul in both money and draft picks for a guy with mental issues? I just don't think the Broncos will end up trading him due to the fact that the fans are upset with the new coach and the departure of Cutler as well as the weird draft they had. In the end he stays a Bronco and gets a contract extension.

Only three reasons? Don't forget the fact that he's still on the shelf following hip surgery, and wouldn't have been able to practice even if he had bothered showing up for their OTA's.