Brandon Marshall requests trade

I am somewhat shocked. Someone started a post that someone in the NFL wants to be traded and we haven't had a "Get'r Done Russ" yet? Are people slipping around here or just joining reality?

I got to the second page and thought the same thing....

We can thank Mr. Owens for that.

As for the Broncos, nothing makes me happier than watching an AFC playoff bubble team self destruct!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's about as good as Cutler at this point in his career. Give Trent the best offensive line in football, a top WR corps, a pass catching TE, and a strong running game. He would put up similar numbers to Cutler, except he wouldn't throw as many INTs.

Have you lost your mind? Cutler is more talented, just as intelligent and has a howitzer for an arm.

Don't get me wrong, I am a Trent fan, but that is a serious homer statement.

I got to the second page and thought the same thing....

We can thank Mr. Owens for that.

As for the Broncos, nothing makes me happier than watching an AFC playoff bubble team self destruct!

I don't know which was worse. The Bills going 5-1 and missing the playoffs, or the Broncos needing just 1 win in their last 3 games to make the playoffs.

Have you lost your mind? Cutler is more talented, just as intelligent and has a howitzer for an arm.

Don't get me wrong, I am a Trent fan, but that is a serious homer statement.

Maybe you should read previous posts before spouting your blather. Cutler leads the league in bad decision percentage every year, he turns the ball over a lot, and he isn't very efficient. Tell me, why did Cutler only put up average numbers if he was surrounded by the best offensive talent in the game? Trent Edwards has never had anything close to the team that the Broncos assembled for Cutler.

Don't give me the 4500 yards bull sh--, as only 8 times in NFL history has someone thrown more passes than Cutler in a single season. Yes, in the entire history of the NFL, Cutler threw the ball the 9th most times of any player in a single season.

Cutler had 27 tds to 20 turnovers, while he had the best offensive line, a top 10 running game, top 5 WR corps, and top 10 receiving TE.

Maybe if people got over the fact that Cutler can throw the ball 10 miles, they would see that he plays like an idiot on the field, doesn't take care of the ball, and isn't very efficient (even when surrounded by the best talent in the league).

Cutler and Edwards have almost identical QB ratings and YPA, yet Cutler plays on a significantly better team. Yeah, I'll take the non-dumbass QB over the immature loser that Cutler is. Tony Dungy certainly agrees with me.

Maybe you should read previous posts before spouting your blather. Cutler leads the league in bad decision percentage every year, he turns the ball over a lot, and he isn't very efficient. Tell me, why did Cutler only put up average numbers if he was surrounded by the best offensive talent in the game? Trent Edwards has never had anything close to the team that the Broncos assembled for Cutler.

Don't give me the 4500 yards bull sh--, as only 8 times in NFL history has someone thrown more passes than Cutler in a single season. Yes, in the entire history of the NFL, Cutler threw the ball the 9th most times of any player in a single season.

Cutler had 27 tds to 20 turnovers, while he had the best offensive line, a top 10 running game, top 5 WR corps, and top 10 receiving TE.

Maybe if people got over the fact that Cutler can throw the ball 10 miles, they would see that he plays like an idiot on the field, doesn't take care of the ball, and isn't very efficient (even when surrounded by the best talent in the league).

Cutler and Edwards have almost identical QB ratings and YPA, yet Cutler plays on a significantly better team. Yeah, I'll take the non-dumbass QB over the immature loser that Cutler is. Tony Dungy certainly agrees with me.

Fingon - 1

SteamRoller67 - 0

The statistics do not lie.

Not really, the Broncos traded a semi-good QB for a decent QB. He should be more concerned about the offensive system he's going to be in. The Broncos won't throw the ball 40 times a game under McDaniels, and Marshall's stats won't be so ridiculously inflated because of it. He needs to get his contract done now, because he will lose a lot of bargaining power when he doesn't get 15 balls a game thrown his way. Marshall is a top 10 WR, but he probably wants the biggest contract amount for his position.

The Broncos got instantly better by trading Cutler away. It is unacceptable to have 22 turnovers to 27 TDs when you have the best offensive line and a top 5 receiving corps.

Gotta disagree there. The Denver offense was damn good last year and most of the reason was Cutler. Expect a large dip in effectiveness there. Cutler is a fine NFL QB without question.

A lot of the reason that their line was so good and their recievers were so good is because they had Cutler on the team. Look at how much scoring that team did.

23 odd points per game.

Second in total offense last year.

You seem to think that throwing so many passes reduces his accomplishments. Just the opposite. You have to ask yourself why Cutler did so much passing. A lot of the reason is that Denver's defense was so horrible that Denver was often coming from behind, and that their running game simply wasn't as good as it usually is last year. Denver's running game was actually very comparable to the Bills last year, and yet the Broncos scored much more. And that's largely because of Cutler and the passing attack.

The pressure was usually on the Broncs to pass. They did a lot of it because it was what they were best at, and because it gave them the best chance to catch up quickly and to win. Teams knew that the Broncos were likely to do a lot of passing. And again, Cutler is still a young QB. The guy is going to be terrific.

And where are you getting your stats?

25 passing TDs. 18 INTs. That's not too shabby. Tied for 11th in YPA with, among others, Peyton Manning. The guy is solid, and he's still very young.

With Trent, teams game-planned to take away Marshawn, banking on the fact that Trent couldn't beat them. With Cutler, teams game-planned to take away Cutler and the passing game. That is a major difference.

Gee, maybe his defense would have been better if he didn't give the ball away like it was free candy?

He threw a lot of ints. Nobody is denying that. But you can't acknowledge that his defense sucked and that it will still suck AND they have Kyle Orton instead of Cutler struggling to overcome 28 points given away per game.

Jim Kelly played in a far different era, one where it was rare for multiple players to throw for 4000 yards... now, it is the norm for several QBs do do it.

No he didn't, no it wasn't. In '89, Majkowski (!), Everett, and Marino were at or over 4000. in'90 Moon, Everett, and Montana. '91 Moon and Marino.....

Gosh, i wish people would actually research the subject before they commented.

Yeah, me too.

Cutlers numbers are severely inflated by the fact that he threw the ball so much.

I'm gonna let that beauty just sit there. (Folks, we are not making these posts up.)

Cutler DID NOT throw the ball with high efficiency last year, in fact TE and Cutler are about the same when it comes to QB rating and YPA. Cutler had a far better team around him, and he couldn't muster a better QB rating or YPA than Trent Edwards?

He was the head of a defense that gained 400 yards per game, he threw for over 300 yards 8 times. He's a young guy.

Sigh, ignorance at its finest.

This board is full of idiots who know less than nothing about what they post.

Can't argue with you on this one.

He threw a lot of ints. Nobody is denying that. But you can't acknowledge that his defense sucked and that it will still suck AND they have Kyle Orton instead of Cutler struggling to overcome 28 points given away per game.

He was the head of a defense that gained 400 yards per game, he threw for over 300 yards 8 times. He's a young guy.

Can't argue with you on this one.

So, according to you, 86.0 QB rating = great awesome QB, while an 84.9 rating = crappy QB who had a bad year.

More gems of "wisdom" from our resident new england* troll.