Would you like fries with that?

WWVaBeach

I bet they have. Pay a $100,000 a year cop to munch burgers and glance out the window occasionally? Chief Higgens could not ask for better.

That's my take on it as well. Just raise the tax rate and we can stamp out crime altogether...

I bet they have. Pay a $100,000 a year cop to munch burgers and glance out the window occasionally? Chief Higgens could not ask for better.

Who's Chief Higgins? :nana:

I really hope this doesn't find its way to virginia.

Already has :oops:

I love the fact that I now live in city with public transportation. I've been here nearly five months and have only driven once after drinking. I never used my car on the weekends.

That's one of the biggest things I miss about Philly. I used to pay like $30 for a monthly pass, and that got me to campus, the airport, downtown center city, to the sports complex, etc, etc.

Speaking of obnoxious drunks, this past Sunday when I was working I had doosy come through the lock. It was the first time in almost 20 years that I had to actually call the Coast Guard to intercept a vessel. It was strange... I was actually talking to Cal Harbor Coast Guard on the land line when one of the guys on the vessel actually entered the water while the lock chamber was being filled... I had the put the phone down to yell at the guy to reenter his vessel... Thank God they had enough sense to have the motor turned off because the dude was in the water at the stern hanging on to the motor's lower units or vessel trim tabs... :wallbash:;) Too bad because the boat was a pretty nice Baja type vessel with two smokin' hot blondes in bikinis on board. Now way am I doing anything risky to save the douchebag guys. The two others... :P;)

Speaking of obnoxious drunks, this past Sunday when I was working I had doosy come through the lock. It was the first time in almost 20 years that I had to actually call the Coast Guard to intercept a vessel. It was strange... I was actually talking to Cal Harbor Coast Guard on the land line when one of the guys on the vessel actually entered the water while the lock chamber was being filled... I had the put the phone down to yell at the guy to reenter his vessel... Thank God they had enough sense to have the motor turned off because the dude was in the water at the stern hanging on to the motor's lower units or vessel trim tabs... ;):P Too bad because the boat was a pretty nice Baja type vessel with two smokin' hot blondes in bikinis on board. Now way am I doing anything risky to save the douchebag guys. The two others... ;);)

I think of everyone on this board,you have the most interesting job. :wallbash:

I think of everyone on this board,you have the most interesting job. :wallbash:

I just wish it was in a more scenic (I mean with reagards to natural location ;) ) location... Is there a lock and dam off the Knik Arm? :P;) I do feel kinda linked to this place geographically though, it (the lock and controlling works) was built as part of the SeaWay project (opened in 1960) that was spearheaded and designed out of Buffalo.

I just wish it was in a more scenic (I mean with reagards to natural location :wallbash: ) location... Is there a lock and dam off the Knik Arm? ;):P I do feel kinda linked to this place geographically though, it (the lock and controlling works) was built as part of the SeaWay project (opened in 1960) that was spearheaded and designed out of Buffalo.

No. The cargo ships coming into Anchorage hit the tides[+/-20 feet] Low tide they unload at the dock,high tide they scoot in or out. No cruise ships come here for that reason-They don't like the moon dictating their schedules.

No. The cargo ships coming into Anchorage hit the tides[+/-20 feet] Low tide they unload at the dock,high tide they scoot in or out. No cruise ships come here for that reason-They don't like the moon dictating their schedules.

Interesting to say the least! 20 feet is one hell of a tide! Not a good place to be when a tsunami hits! Two Christmas' ago I observed a seiche on our our upper pool (Lake Michigan), it lowered the water by 5 feet... I thought that was pretty dramatic... But, 20 feet on a regular occurance is pretty damn impressive! :wallbash:

It's entrapment, IMO. You get drunk at the club and you will likely end up at the Waffle House, or IHOP, or Huddle House, or the local pizza joint right up the road that caters to the drunk crowd. There's a pizza place right on the corner of Main St. here in Richmond that MAKES A KILLING off of selling pizza by the slice at 2:30am. It's just as bad as the cops in Colonial Heights who sit a quarter-mile up the road from a bar waiting for people who leave. They know what's going on in every one of these places. People are getting drunk, plain and simple. Next they'll be trying to to hold the bars and bartenders liable for other people's choices.

Interesting to say the least! 20 feet is one hell of a tide! Not a good place to be when a tsunami hits! Two Christmas' ago I observed a seiche on our our upper pool (Lake Michigan), it lowered the water by 5 feet... I thought that was pretty dramatic... But, 20 feet on a regular occurance is pretty damn impressive! :wallbash:

Every day. At 6 AM the inlet may look like open water,at noon it is a mud flat. The tide looks like it has the same velocity as the Niagara river.

Hey, if it saves lives...

Hit-run driver pleads guilty in Hilbert student's death

"In canvassing the area around the crime scene, Town of Hamburg detectives learned that an SUV matching the description of the hit-and-run vehicle visited the drive-through window of a restaurant just minutes before the accident and was captured on the restaurant’s surveillance camera."