Would you like fries with that?

WWVaBeach

i bet people would enjoy the story better if it was in layman's english.....vessel? stern? how about boat and back of the boat...keep in mind we have some dimwits on this board...present company included :beer:

Speaking of obnoxious drunks, this past Sunday when I was working I had doosy come through the lock. It was the first time in almost 20 years that I had to actually call the Coast Guard to intercept a vessel. It was strange... I was actually talking to Cal Harbor Coast Guard on the land line when one of the guys on the vessel actually entered the water while the lock chamber was being filled... I had the put the phone down to yell at the guy to reenter his vessel... Thank God they had enough sense to have the motor turned off because the dude was in the water at the stern hanging on to the motor's lower units or vessel trim tabs... :thumbsup::beer: Too bad because the boat was a pretty nice Baja type vessel with two smokin' hot blondes in bikinis on board. Now way am I doing anything risky to save the douchebag guys. The two others... :beer::beer:

It's entrapment, IMO. You get drunk at the club and you will likely end up at the Waffle House, or IHOP, or Huddle House, or the local pizza joint right up the road that caters to the drunk crowd. There's a pizza place right on the corner of Main St. here in Richmond that MAKES A KILLING off of selling pizza by the slice at 2:30am. It's just as bad as the cops in Colonial Heights who sit a quarter-mile up the road from a bar waiting for people who leave. They know what's going on in every one of these places. People are getting drunk, plain and simple. Next they'll be trying to to hold the bars and bartenders liable for other people's choices.

I never understood the problem with this. I'm not trying to argue it, I just don't get it. What is the difference between this and an undercover cop playing the role of a hooker or drug dealer? Why is it okay to set up a speed trap in area where a high volume of motorists speed?

Personally, I'm all for the cops nailing drunk drivers. I could care less if they check every vehicle that leaves a bar/club. I'll gladly give up 15-20 minutes of my time waiting at a checkpoint if they are getting people off the road who shouldn't be driving.

of course you are right, I know I was just goofing around....drunk driving is nothing to be joked about....sadly most of us, myself included make way too many poor choices.....the more deterrents we face, the safer the roads will be for everyone.....hopefully

Hey, if it saves lives...

Hit-run driver pleads guilty in Hilbert student's death

"In canvassing the area around the crime scene, Town of Hamburg detectives learned that an SUV matching the description of the hit-and-run vehicle visited the drive-through window of a restaurant just minutes before the accident and was captured on the restaurant’s surveillance camera."

Speaking of obnoxious drunks, this past Sunday when I was working I had doosy come through the lock. It was the first time in almost 20 years that I had to actually call the Coast Guard to intercept a vessel. It was strange... I was actually talking to Cal Harbor Coast Guard on the land line when one of the guys on the vessel actually entered the water while the lock chamber was being filled... I had the put the phone down to yell at the guy to reenter his vessel... Thank God Too bad they had enough sense to have the motor turned off because the dude was in the water at the stern hanging on to the motor's lower units or vessel trim tabs... and one more Darwin Award would have been great for our society. :beer::beer: Too bad because the boat was a pretty nice Baja type vessel with two smokin' hot blondes in bikinis on board. Now way am I doing anything risky to save the douchebag guys. The two others... :beer::beer:

Fixed! :thumbsup:

I never understood the problem with this. I'm not trying to argue it, I just don't get it. What is the difference between this and an undercover cop playing the role of a hooker or drug dealer? Why is it okay to set up a speed trap in area where a high volume of motorists speed?

Personally, I'm all for the cops nailing drunk drivers. I could care less if they check every vehicle that leaves a bar/club. I'll gladly give up 15-20 minutes of my time waiting at a checkpoint if they are getting people off the road who shouldn't be driving.

I think he was joking about that.

This is really gonna hurt the FF restaurants late night business. Most of the money will probably go to subsidize those restaurants.

Old joke....

One night a police officer was staking out a particularly rowdy bar for possible DUI violations. At closing time, he saw a fellow stumble out of the bar, trip on the curb and try his keys on five different cars before he found his. The man sat in the front seat fumbling around with his keys for several minutes.

Meanwhile, all the other patrons left the bar and drove off. Finally he started his engine and began to pull away. The police officer was waiting for him. As soon as he pulled onto the street, the officer stopped him, read him his rights and administered the breathalyzer test to determine his blood-alcohol content.

The results showed a reading of 0.0.

The puzzled officer demanded to know how that could be. The driver replied, "Tonight I'm the designated decoy."

i bet people would enjoy the story better if it was in layman's english.....vessel? stern? how about boat and back of the boat...keep in mind we have some dimwits on this board...present company included :thumbsup:

You knew the meanings! :beer::beer:

And actually... I am probably living up to my 11th grade English teacher's expectations by NEVER dilute your vocabulary... Especially when talking with others!... :beer::beer: