Everette Brown

I don't know where you get your info, Senor Dumbass Supreme, but he clocked a 4.68/forty time.

First of all that's why all the scouts like him moving from CB to Safety but seriously 40 times is the worst way to measure a football players playing speed. The guy has good size for a FS and explodes to the ball. His size and speed may not be good for a corner but it is for a safety. :D

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybin will replace Kelsay. Who's going to replace Schobel?

First of all, Maybin is too small to play LDE and is a speed rusher which would make him a RDE.

Second, I thought they were optimistic Schobel would be 100% this year. There I go again, thinking you know what your talking about. As I said before, you obiously are not the GM of an NFL team or we would have 2 DE's that neither will get on the field unless its 3rd down and long situations. And I dont want to hear that how many playoff games has Russ won and how many have I won crap like you said in one of yours posts. Does that mean that I technically would be a better President than Bush was? Damn, all this time I should have been running the show in the US. Get over it. Not too many people are complaining about the draft this year. Most are stating this is arguably the best draft we have had in a long time. I personally see the first 5 draft choices as starters on this team by next season if not sooner (This is my opinion. In no way do I state this as fact or have knowledge of Bills football operations). You cant fill everyone of your needs in one offseason when you have so many. We addressed the DE position with the best player they thought was available. What else do you want from them? Sure they could have picked Brown too. They also could have went DE in the next 4 rounds after that just to make sure that one of them worked out if thats what will make you happy. But then you would be complaining that the OL needs attention too. They did what they could and addressed 5 needs that everyone (Probobly including yourself) thought they needed at the time.

Im done with this post as I can tell you will not think of the bigger picture.

First of all, Maybin is too small to play LDE and is a speed rusher which would make him a RDE.

Robert Mathis of the Colts is 6'2" and 245#, and is a LDE. Maybin (at 21 years old) is 6'4" and 250#. It can be done.

First, let me say that I did NOT want any part of Everette Brown. That said, I don't think that it's Brown's size that made him so unattractive to lead to him falling to the 2nd round. If that were the case, you wouldn't see guys like Larry English (who I really, really wanted Buffalo to draft) getting picked in the top half of the 1st round.

My main beef with Brown, which I'm guessing is echoed by the teams that passed on him, is that he really lacks the pass-rushing prowess to compete in the NFL. He really got away with using pure athleticism to make most of his plays. Here's something else that's worth noting: As some of you know, a very close friend of mine is a junior scout for an NFL franchise (it's not the Bills), and he told me that Brown wasn't in the top 50 players on his team's draft board. Now I know that doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of the league-wide perception of Brown, but I thought I'd share. And in case anyone is wondering, for the sake of argument, my contact's team had Maybin "in the top 20" players.

Clueless as can be! It was BROWN who had the most polished moves at DE. Do a little more scouting next time before you open your mighty round mouth. :rolleyes:

Clueless as can be! It was BROWN who had the most polished moves at DE. Do a little more scouting next time before you open your mighty round mouth. :rolleyes:

According to actual scouts, Everette has bad technique. Brown is basically the same as Maybin, but he doesn't have nearly as much speed. Most of the time he just tries to blow by tackles. He doesn't use his hands well, and because his speed isn't elite he will have to vastly improve his technique.

According to actual scouts, Everette has bad technique. Brown is basically the same as Maybin, but he doesn't have nearly as much speed. Most of the time he just tries to blow by tackles. He doesn't use his hands well, and because his speed isn't elite he will have to vastly improve his technique.

WRONG. Nuff said ,later kiddie. :rolleyes:

Clueless as can be! It was BROWN who had the most polished moves at DE. Do a little more scouting next time before you open your mighty round mouth. :doh:

First off, the next time you disagree with someone, try something novel like stating your opinion as just that: an opinion, and not the end-all, be-all of incontrovertible fact.

Second, "Do a little more scouting next time before you open your mighty round mouth"? How about if you offer an opinion instead of acting like a stuffy, egotistical, over-inflated nimrod?

Lastly, I don't know how much time you spend annually studying draft prospects, but my draft information comes from one of two sources: (1) directly from an NFL Scout (and no, I'm not going say which team) or (2) the 10+ hours of video I receive on about 150 different prospects every year. I find it interesting that at least 31 teams partially agreed with me on Brown, since--you know--every team in the league (except for Carolina) passed on him at least once, but hey, I'm sure I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Now if you have something to add to the discussion, please do so in a way that makes you sound like something other than a message-board troll, or just go away.

Clueless as can be! It was BROWN who had the most polished moves at DE. Do a little more scouting next time before you open your mighty round mouth. :doh:

Are you honestly doing this? Whining about a pick in June. And then justify your position by what scouts said? Seriously? You mena the scouts than made Jim Drunkenmiller a 1st round pick? The same group that made Brady a 6th or Romo not drafted? Or Andre Reed a 4th? Or a pro bowl DT Jay Ratliff a 7th? IT could go on and on.

Again, it is June and face it, you know nothing. And saying you believe somethign because scouts say it jsut further illustrates how little you know.

Having watched Brown for the better part of his 2.5 years of starting, my eyes would argue with you that everette doesn't have the moves and simply relies on speed. Maybin may be faster, but to say that Brown simply relied on speed is the height of foolishness and comes from someone who obviously hasn't much time actually watching him play.

Having watched Brown for the better part of his 2.5 years of starting, my eyes would argue with you that everette doesn't have the moves and simply relies on speed. Maybin may be faster, but to say that Brown simply relied on speed is the height of foolishness and comes from someone who obviously hasn't much time actually watching him play.

"He doesn’t use his hands real effectively at this point because he’s able to get away with not having to at that level. Because he’s so quick off the edge and he bends the corner so well, he uses his lack of height to his advantage, where he can dip the corner and get underneath that offensive tackle’s shoulder. They don’t get their hands on him real well. They basically whiff. He’s going to work on that obviously at this level because the tackles are going to be that much better. But because he is such an athlete off the edge, it gives him the advantage as he learns and progresses going forward.”

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/200...ette-brown.html

I was being serious. The pass rush is a serious problem for the Bills. Schobel is aging and coming off of an injury plagued season and Kelsay can't get to the QB to save his life. Brown combined with Maybin would've given us twice the chance at addressing our pass rush issues.

BTW. I like Scott at SS and Whitner at FS. If one of those guys go down, we still have Ko Simpson as a back up. Florence might be a good safety as well. We're very deep at CB.

On what grounds do you base that Florence might be a good safety? He doesnt tackle and gets torched frequently...the s**t gets deep around these parts, lmao...

We are very deep at CB, but CB is not FS or SS...they are not even remotely the same...entirely two different positions requiring two different skill sets. Some can play both, but just because you are a CB doesnt mean you translate to a Safety.

Byrd has the perfect skill set to be a play maker for us for years at safety. And our safety position was even worse than our pass rush last year. We addressed the pass rush getting Schobel back and drafting Maybin, then had the chance to grab a potential stud and ball hawk at FS, so we took him over a guy who was sliding all the way down the draft becuase he was seen more as a workout wonder than a sure thing. And the original post described stuff associated with being a workout wonder and indicates nothing other than he is strong. Big Deal

Lets go ahead and play a projection game...lets say Brown has a huge year and gets 10 sacks, and Schobel comes back and is solid with 7 sacks...thats a difference of just 3 sacks that may not even change the game.

Now add in Byrd and say he gets 6 INT's compared to two by whoever else started...those are 4 more turnovers that give us the ball, always a major impact on a game. Would you rather have a loss of 2 yards 3 more times, or get the ball back 4 more times...

The possible impact of Byrd is FAR greater than a few more sacks by a DE...in fact, Brown would only be a part time player here as he will split time with Maybin and Schobel, so he likely only gets a handful of sacks at best.

Byrd was the clear better choice...and IMO he is a much better football player

On what grounds do you base that Florence might be a good safety? He doesnt tackle and gets torched frequently...the s**t gets deep around these parts, lmao...

We are very deep at CB, but CB is not FS or SS...they are not even remotely the same...entirely two different positions requiring two different skill sets. Some can play both, but just because you are a CB doesnt mean you translate to a Safety.

Byrd has the perfect skill set to be a play maker for us for years at safety. And our safety position was even worse than our pass rush last year. We addressed the pass rush getting Schobel back and drafting Maybin, then had the chance to grab a potential stud and ball hawk at FS, so we took him over a guy who was sliding all the way down the draft becuase he was seen more as a workout wonder than a sure thing. And the original post described stuff associated with being a workout wonder and indicates nothing other than he is strong. Big Deal

Lets go ahead and play a projection game...lets say Brown has a huge year and gets 10 sacks, and Schobel comes back and is solid with 7 sacks...thats a difference of just 3 sacks that may not even change the game.

Now add in Byrd and say he gets 6 INT's compared to two by whoever else started...those are 4 more turnovers that give us the ball, always a major impact on a game. Would you rather have a loss of 2 yards 3 more times, or get the ball back 4 more times...

The possible impact of Byrd is FAR greater than a few more sacks by a DE...in fact, Brown would only be a part time player here as he will split time with Maybin and Schobel, so he likely only gets a handful of sacks at best.

Byrd was the clear better choice...and IMO he is a much better football player

Yeah, can't hit worth a lick :doh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7C5eK5CFnw

Same hit. another view.

Yeah, can't hit worth a lick :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7C5eK5CFnw

Same hit. another view.

You gotta be kidding...the guy makes a hit on a player ALREADY falling backwards on the catch and going to the ground, and you claim he is a big hitter? You are just another guy who doesnt watch the games and probably never sees him play, trust me, he is not ever going to be accused of being a big hitter. My grandmother could deliver the same hit as he did in that clip. Good hit, sure, but not because he was a good hitter, because of the unfortunate position the WR found himself in as he was wide open that even Lindell or Moorman could have blew him up, maybe we should make them safeties too...

LMAO if that clip is your only response to my question "On what grounds do you base that Florence would make a good safety?", hence not needing Byrd.

You gotta be kidding...the guy makes a hit on a player ALREADY falling backwards on the catch and going to the ground, and you claim he is a big hitter? You are just another guy who doesnt watch the games and probably never sees him play, trust me, he is not ever going to be accused of being a big hitter. My grandmother could deliver the same hit as he did in that clip. Good hit, sure, but not because he was a good hitter, because of the unfortunate position the WR found himself in as he was wide open that even Lindell or Moorman could have blew him up, maybe we should make them safeties too...

LMAO if that clip is your only response to my question "On what grounds do you base that Florence would make a good safety?", hence not needing Byrd.

That was a RB, moron.

BTW. LT is a future HOFer. I'm sure he made many great players look like that.

PS: Here is your "big hitter" Florence in action...

LINK

Still literally laughing my arse off at you trying play up Florence as a hitter...thanks for the giggles

That was an intra-squad scrimmage and the idea is to not injure your star players. If that were a real game, Florence would have gone for LT's knees, not up high.

You like Scott at SS? Or is it that he is the tallest midget at the position? Sorry but i dont like Scott as a every down safety. He is and has always been a back up. In Byrd the Bills got a player that will make an immediate impact this season. He will probably stand out more then any other player the Bills drafted this year.

Not saying anything against Brown i hope he does a great job. But lets put the pads on and hit for real before we pass judgement. And he is probably taking first team reps because Peppers is a no show.

If u watched a single live game in which Scott played, you would realize your statement is far frin the obvious. Just because you don't hear his name on TV doesnt mean he's not good