The Bills , the reality,and the sheep that follow

Wow - such ugliness and hatred against this man. Too bad...many people showing their ignorance and proving the posters point that too many are like mindless sheep doing what is expected of them....

If his criticism in the original post was fair, clearly expressed, and supported by facts of any sort then my reply would have been less harsh. But calling our biggest pickup a "train wreck" and informing us that the team "blows" in June when our record, like everyone else's, is currently 0-0 smacks of ignorance. Personally I will take a train wreck that has 27 TD receptions in the past 3 years.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, and everyone who expresses theirs in public should expect others to not respect or agree with said opinion. That expectation should be heightened when you don't even know the difference between "are" and "our".

BTW, there are several teams around the league that operate without a titular "General Manager" - New England being one of them following the departure of Pioli.

This obviously bothers you a lot. I would recommend not following the Bills and maybe take a break from football.

Yep, here's a guy that gets it.

If you're not mad that the team "sucks", then what are you bitching about?

And if you ARE mad about the state of the team, stop watching.

p.s. if people stop going to games, that means you won't be able to see them on TV, either.

That's not right. The man has a valid point of view weather or not you agree. Fact is Bill's fans are a unique breed more akin to a collage following than a pro one. He's right - performance and tickets sales make no sense in WNY....

Based on the similar lack of grammar skills and defense of the original post, I'm guessing Kipers Hair and busterramsey are the same person.

Based on the similar lack of grammar skills and defense of the original post, I'm guessing Kipers Hair and busterramsey are the same person.

All the more reason to take a little break from football. When you start discussing with yourself as separate posters, time for a little vacation.

The fact that the Bills suck doesn't bother me. I have been a Bills true fan for years and years and have suffered endless years of frustration. What bothers me is that people BUY TIK"S, when the could talk with their wallets. Why should that loser Wilson do anything when he's rewarded for his incompentence? Years ago, in the mid 80's , the Bills sold 30K seats for a game , Wilson bitched but brought in Polian and the rest is history. We don't even have a football GM now, I think we're the only team to hold that honor.

This team blows, are offense now has a 34 year old train wreck as a wide reciever as its marquee guy. We has an "O" line in shambles with rookies galore and other guys playing new positions. Our QB is very unproven with an average arm and a history of injury. Our 1st pick was selected about 15 picks too early and better suited for a team that can afford a luxury of a one down guy at best.

The problem is all the sheep that follow. So call me anything you want, but your not helping.

So basically true Bills fans like yourself should not buy tickets. Ok. :(

Just out of curiosity who did you want the Bills to take with their 1st pick? And why would that person better instantly better than Maybin knowing that neither of them have played one down in the NFL?

Yep, here's a guy that gets it.

If you're not mad that the team "sucks", then what are you bitching about?

And if you ARE mad about the state of the team, stop watching.

p.s. if people stop going to games, that means you won't be able to see them on TV, either.

The best are those who B word about Ralph being cheap, yet don't go to games and instead watch them for free on TV. :(

??? I agree with someone's point of view and we are the same person? You're nuts.

You call trying to expand our fan base into another country and making moves that assure us prime time television viewing is sitting on your hands? Not to mention putting together in my opinion a real good football team, whats up with you PTR, I don't remember you ever being this down. :(

I think I was swept up with all the negativity. But let's be realistic...we don't know what we have until Sept. 14.

PTR

I think that Ralph has been around long enough to know just how bad Jauron is. If not, somebody in the organization surely must have told him that Jauron is a perpetual loser of football games.

Maybe keeping Jauron to save money is what Promo means by "sitting on his hands."

Hey, I think Ralph was swept up in the euphoria of being 5-1 like the rest of us when he extended Jauron. Then when we went down the toilet he probably banged a dent into the wall with his head...like the rest of us.

PTR

We kept DJ on to have some continuity, something we haven't tried in a long time in case some of you haven't noticed.

Giving a HC long enough time to actually do something before we pull the plug, wow, what a concept. :censored:

If you define "continuity" as an average record of 7-9 spread over 8 seasons (5 Chicago/3 Buffalo).

8 Seasons.

7-9.

Dick Jauron.

Yaaaaay, continuity.

The truth is Buffalo is probably in the bottom quarter of teams in ability to compete- the Bills have been competitive but it's a hard formula to follow because it depends on taking risks and getting lucky - Bill Polian is the model, taking a chance on a relatively unknown and hitting gold- the draft has lost it value as an equalizer as the early picks are so expensive they are a determent instead of a benefit - get a rookie cap, and get rid of bonuses, straight cash and an insurance policy so high picks who don't pan out can be cut without killing your salary cap, then maybe we can compete.

This was a good post......agree with all of it

The bottom line is RW payed to get Polian in house.

RW didn't pay big for Polian, he was a virtual unknown when he came to the Bills not the consensus "genius" he later became.

From an article on "Goliath"

"Polian paid the bills by selling advertising for American Farmer magazine, but he followed his heart to jobs coaching football at the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy and scouting--for next to nothing--for the Canadian Football League's Montreal Allouettes.

In Montreal, Polian's work caught the eye of Levy, the Allouettes' coach at the time.

"I said, 'Who the hell is this Bill Polian?'" recalled Levy. "His notes were impeccable, well-detailed, and most importantly, his scouting reports were incredibly accurate."

At last, Polian had an ally inside professional football.

After being hired as a scout with the Kansas City Chiefs in 1978, when Levy was coaching there, Polian quickly distinguished himself. But still his path to greatness was anything but direct--and as slow as Booger McFarland in the 40-yard dash.

He bounced to the fledgling U.S. Football League's Chicago Blitz in 1982, and worked for the CFL's Winnipeg Blue Bombers for two seasons. He arrived in Buffalo in 1985 (actually 1984) on the heels of back-to-back 2-14 seasons as an unknown."

From Wikipedia:

"He was originally hired as director of pro personnel, where he impressed Bills Owner Ralph Wilson by telling then-coach Kay Stephenson "We were 2-14 on merit--we have the worst personnel in the NFL". On February 7, 1985, Bills general manager Terry Bledsoe suffered a heart attack and Polian was named along with, director of scouting, Norm Pollom, to handle contract negotiations in Bledsoe's absence. Polian was instrumental in the signing of Bruce Smith to his first NFL contract. This impressed the Bills' hierarchy enough to warrant a promotion to GM, after the firing of Bledsoe, in 1985. The fans were not impressed with the promotion of Polian however. Most observers considered the move business as usual, on a 2-14 team."

Sounds a lot like Brandon's in-house promotion with the fans bitching (not to say Brandon will become Polian-esque or that he had as much football experience, but when Polian was promoted to GM he was no sure homerun).

GO BILLS!

The fact that the Bills suck doesn't bother me. I have been a Bills true fan for years and years and have suffered endless years of frustration. What bothers me is that people BUY TIK"S, when the could talk with their wallets. Why should that loser Wilson do anything when he's rewarded for his incompentence? Years ago, in the mid 80's , the Bills sold 30K seats for a game , Wilson bitched but brought in Polian and the rest is history. We don't even have a football GM now, I think we're the only team to hold that honor.

This team blows, are offense now has a 34 year old train wreck as a wide reciever as its marquee guy. We has an "O" line in shambles with rookies galore and other guys playing new positions. Our QB is very unproven with an average arm and a history of injury. Our 1st pick was selected about 15 picks too early and better suited for a team that can afford a luxury of a one down guy at best.

The problem is all the sheep that follow. So call me anything you want, but your not helping.

Bills fans have to buy tickets if they hope to keep the franchise here, or even if they just hope to get support from the county or state to keep the team here in the future. So, not buying tickets is not really an option unless you don't want a team in Buffalo. In which case, who cares about results then?

But most of us feel your pain. The majority of fans are rather casual about the results and cautiously optimistic but understanding that the past is a strong indicator for this team. Don't put too much stock into the presence of the minority of militantly stupid sheep like C.Biscuit and VOR, etc.. The offseason IS their season. By late October, these guys have Ralph's egg on their face and by January 15 they are begging for more of the same and rationalizing why it's okay. They think they are being loyal fans when all they are being are jerks to their fellow fans who have the audacity to point out the obvious........that a decade of losing is awful and not an accident. You can't argue with people like that. They try to rationalize why the Bills are so smart to let good players leave, but neglect the fact that they must not have been too smart if they used a #1 pick on that player, etc.. Everything is an excuse or denial. Sheep.

Yeah, this organization is a laughingstock. And we are right for pointing it out, illustrating why and so forth. They should be criticized because they have been so bad for so long.

You would think an organization not named the Detroit Lions which is eyeing 10 years without a playoff appearance and 14 since a playoff win would receive more criticism. No one's asking for a SB win each season, but some demonstration of success. IMO, most fans would like a playoff appearance, preferably a home game. Bill Parcells and Tom Dimitroff did it in their first season with notoriously sad sack organizations. DJ/Marv/Brandon have had three seasons and done nothing.

Unfortunately, having a team is more important to these casual uninformed fans. While many fans have the audacity to ask for success, many fans could care less about results.

Guest dog14787
You would think an organization not named the Detroit Lions which is eyeing 10 years without a playoff appearance and 14 since a playoff win would receive more criticism. No one's asking for a SB win each season, but some demonstration of success. IMO, most fans would like a playoff appearance, preferably a home game. Bill Parcells and Tom Dimitroff did it in their first season with notoriously sad sack organizations. DJ/Marv/Brandon have had three seasons and done nothing.

Unfortunately, having a team is more important to these casual uninformed fans. While many fans have the audacity to ask for success, many fans could care less about results.

What exactly is a casual uninformed fan and is this what you are calling the majority of the Bills fan base?

What are you suggesting fans do, boycott the games so we do lose our football team?

So yes, I guess when you put it that way, having a team is more important.

If his criticism in the original post was fair, clearly expressed, and supported by facts of any sort then my reply would have been less harsh. But calling our biggest pickup a "train wreck" and informing us that the team "blows" in June when our record, like everyone else's, is currently 0-0 smacks of ignorance. Personally I will take a train wreck that has 27 TD receptions in the past 3 years.

Everyone has a right to an opinion, and everyone who expresses theirs in public should expect others to not respect or agree with said opinion. That expectation should be heightened when you don't even know the difference between "are" and "our".

BTW, there are several teams around the league that operate without a titular "General Manager" - New England being one of them following the departure of Pioli.

Grammar expert, it is "our." and not "our". Your Pioli comment explains everything.