The Bills , the reality,and the sheep that follow

The fact that the Bills suck doesn't bother me. I have been a Bills true fan for years and years and have suffered endless years of frustration. What bothers me is that people BUY TIK"S, when the could talk with their wallets. Why should that loser Wilson do anything when he's rewarded for his incompentence? Years ago, in the mid 80's , the Bills sold 30K seats for a game , Wilson bitched but brought in Polian and the rest is history. We don't even have a football GM now, I think we're the only team to hold that honor.

This team blows, are offense now has a 34 year old train wreck as a wide reciever as its marquee guy. We has an "O" line in shambles with rookies galore and other guys playing new positions. Our QB is very unproven with an average arm and a history of injury. Our 1st pick was selected about 15 picks too early and better suited for a team that can afford a luxury of a one down guy at best.

The problem is all the sheep that follow. So call me anything you want, but your not helping.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as the product on the field isn't the Detroit Lions, going to the Bills game is still a great day of drunken fun with friends. People go for a good time and to brave the Buffalo weather, because that's what we do. If you have an issue with it, go root for another !@#$ing team.

.....We has an "O" line in shambles...

Da line ain't in no shambles worse den it was last year, busta. And all dem rookies playin' on it should be a lot stronga and play harda den de overpaid useless Dockery and Fowler fellas. :lol:

The truth is Buffalo is probably in the bottom quarter of teams in ability to compete- the Bills have been competitive but it's a hard formula to follow because it depends on taking risks and getting lucky - Bill Polian is the model, taking a chance on a relatively unknown and hitting gold- the draft has lost it value as an equalizer as the early picks are so expensive they are a determent instead of a benefit - get a rookie cap, and get rid of bonuses, straight cash and an insurance policy so high picks who don't pan out can be cut without killing your salary cap, then maybe we can compete.

The fact that the Bills suck doesn't bother me. I have been a Bills true fan for years and years and have suffered endless years of frustration. What bothers me is that people BUY TIK"S, when the could talk with their wallets. Why should that loser Wilson do anything when he's rewarded for his incompentence? Years ago, in the mid 80's , the Bills sold 30K seats for a game , Wilson bitched but brought in Polian and the rest is history. We don't even have a football GM now, I think we're the only team to hold that honor.

This team blows, are offense now has a 34 year old train wreck as a wide reciever as its marquee guy. We has an "O" line in shambles with rookies galore and other guys playing new positions. Our QB is very unproven with an average arm and a history of injury. Our 1st pick was selected about 15 picks too early and better suited for a team that can afford a luxury of a one down guy at best.

The problem is all the sheep that follow. So call me anything you want, but your not helping.

In the '80's they were 2-14, 2-14 and 4-12. They have been 7-9 and in the playoff chase in the last month of the season. Big difference.

The truth is Buffalo is probably in the bottom quarter of teams in ability to compete- the Bills have been competitive but it's a hard formula to follow because it depends on taking risks and getting lucky - Bill Polian is the model, taking a chance on a relatively unknown and hitting gold- the draft has lost it value as an equalizer as the early picks are so expensive they are a determent instead of a benefit - get a rookie cap, and get rid of bonuses, straight cash and an insurance policy so high picks who don't pan out can be cut without killing your salary cap, then maybe we can compete.

Ding, ding, ding--we have a winner, folks! Straight on correct here--the NFL is becoming closer and closer to MLB every year in terms of an uneven economic playing field, and the big market owners who now control the League with the Commish they selected will make sure it keeps moving in that direction.....

Is buster a lolcat?

Are offense? What are you , a freaking pirate?!?! Arrgh matey! :lol: BTW, T.O. is 35.

Sad part is, at this point, I share your assessment of the Maybin pick.

The Bills are a product that you can choose to buy or not buy and Bills fans have always done their part and are on their way to another supportive season - already selling out the first few games.

OBD is not stupid when it comes to marketing. But that is what this team is. It is a business. No different than the rest of Ralph Wilson Industries. Fans can wish till they are blue in the face that the Bills make the playoffs, but that does not seem to be the goal at OBD. Marketing is the goal – not football.

The Bills are a well-marketed team and the only NFL team for miles around. The GM is not a football guy, but rather a marketing guy. The coach is not really a coach – not good enough to even beat one single AFC East team, but he is still the coach.

Dare we expect more than just a team that happens to play in western NY? The owner has been a fixture in the NFL and after years and years of fan support, taxpayer installments and profit – is someone who feels that he has rewarded western NY merely by keeping the team here, but he has not gone as far as ensuring that this will be the case when he is gone.

It is what it is. You can still attend games and can try to hold the Bills to a higher standard, but with what success and for how long?

Is there any question Buffalo has great fans and might deserve a better effort on the field? Yes, but at the end of the day, it is just a business and one that we fans seem to enjoy - more than not enjoy.

Are offense? What are you , a freaking pirate?!?! Arrgh matey! :lol: BTW, T.O. is 35.

Sad part is, at this point, I share your assessment of the Maybin pick......

...until he records his 4th sack of the season playing less then half the snaps Stiff Kelsay plays this coming season, right? Barring the Bills' rookie injury curse, I predict this kid to record at least 7 sacks this season, shutting every one of you "draft gurus" up......until of course the Bills pick again next April.

The Bills are a product that you can choose to buy or not buy and Bills fans have always done their part and are on their way to another supportive season - already selling out the first few games.

OBD is not stupid when it comes to marketing. But that is what this team is. It is a business. No different than the rest of Ralph Wilson Industries. Fans can wish till they are blue in the face that the Bills, make the playoffs, but that does not seem to be the goal at OBD. Marketing is the goal – not football. The Bills are a well-marketed team and the only NFL team for miles around. The GM is not a football guy, but rather a marketing guy. The coach is not really a coach – not good enough to even beat one single AFC East team, but he is still the coach.

Dare we expect more that just a team that happens to play in western NY? The owner has been a fixture in the NFL and after years and years of fan support, taxpayer installments and profit – and is someone who feels that he has rewarded western NY merely by keeping the team here, but he has not gone as far as ensuring that this will be the case when he is gone.

It is what it is. You can still attend games and can try to hold the Bills to a higher standard, but with what success and for how long? Is there any question Buffalo has great fans and might deserve a better effort on the field? Yes, at the end of the day, is just a business and one we seem to enjoy more than not enjoy.

To claim that the Bills only care about marketing and not winning is silly. You don't spend big bucks on relatively unknown players like Dockery and Walker and file that under "marketing" for the year. You seem to be taking a last-season/off-season view and consider the TO signing as pure "marketing," when it was a move that was first and foremost to improve the team, with marketing being a side-benefit. Not to mention saying that Jauron can't even beat a single AFCE team, when the Bills have had a winning record against the AFCE the 2 years prior.

But what would you consider an effort to win? Spending lot of money like Snyder and Jones do?

Brought in Polian? Sorry, Polian was here for both of the Kay Stephenson fiasco seasons. RW 'promoted' Polian after the second of those 2-14 seasons. Another stroke of luck was the demise of the USFL which freed up Kelly and Hull. But the best thing Polian did as a new GM was fire Bullough halfway though the '86 season and replace him with Marv. THEN we can say the rest is history.

You act as if having a fan base willing to support a team during losing seasons is a bad thing. You've got a lot to learn.

GO BILLS!!!