George Tiller Assassinated

If government should look out for the health and welfare of the "unborn," how come so many of those advocates appear to be against funding neo-natal, infant and children's health care programs? Why does this concern for the child seem to end at birth?

How come we rarely (if ever) hear about programs to fund orphanages, child abuse programs, and after school activities? If the same mother who was willing to "kill" their "child" be allowed to parent that child? Shouldn't the government take the responsibility away from this "unfit" parent?

Really, I hear about the funding of this all the time. Have you never heard of WIC? Care starts at pregnancy. As one example of federal funding. There are many more state, local and private (Christian) causes as well.

What does after school activity have to do with being a good parent BTW? Did you have to have your after school activity planned by the government as a child? I know I didn't.

The reason you don't hear is that "good news" doesn't sell and doesn't support the liberal medias cause. Look elsewhere (and not fox) for info on orphanages, and the other things.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason you don't hear is that "good news" doesn't sell and doesn't support the liberal medias cause. Look elsewhere (and not fox) for info on orphanages, and the other things.

That's BS. The advocates and candidates simply don't talk about it. They rail against the act but rarely, if ever, about ways to prevent pregnancy or finding productive, positive alternatives to abortion.

According to you, this is a genocide. Then where is the daily campaign from mainstream advocates? It barely exists. You rarely, if ever, see a mainstream campaign to lower the rate of abortions. If anything, the last true public discourse came from Bill Clinton ("Safe, legal and rare").

Where are the commercials, the public campaign, the rallies to prevent unwanted pregnancy and alternatives to abortion? The reason you only see the radicals with the fetus posters and insane rants is because that's all there really is. Message: Have an abortion and go to Hell. Gee, that's effective. I mean, this is a "war against abortion" and that's the best they can do?

You don't get it. Abortions will ALWAYS occur, no matter what the law says. That's a fact. The trick is to prevent the pregnancy from the beginning or find productive, alternatives to abortion. Unfortunately for everyone, the anti-abortion movement has done very, very little to promote those positive policies.

Ironically, I think it's radical, nutballs like yourself who have likely contributed to more abortions than any abortion doctor. What have YOU done to prevent unwanted pregnancies? It's not about supporting anti-abortion candidates but finding solutions that work. Until then, it's all bullshite.

That's BS. The advocates and candidates simply don't talk about it. They rail against the act but rarely, if ever, about ways to prevent pregnancy or finding productive, positive alternatives to abortion.

You don't get it. Abortions will ALWAYS occur, no matter what the law says. That's a fact. The trick is to prevent the pregnancy from the beginning or find productive, alternatives to abortion. Unfortunately for everyone, the anti-abortion movement has done very, very little to promote those positive policies.

I am not for banning abortions, but if they are illegal, they are illegal- and if you go through with one and something goes wrong, it was during an illegal act.

I am not for banning abortions, but if they are illegal, they are illegal- and if you go through with one and something goes wrong, it was during an illegal act.

Newsflash: a law doesn't curb all illegal activity. Pre-Roe abortions happened all the time.

Wrong. Have you read their oath:

The baby is also their patient. On top of that doing ill-will to the baby in the third trimester especially when it is viable goes against their oath.

Gotta be one of your funniest yet. I love Greek mythology, too. You quote the 'classical' oath. What about the one that med. students take today? Or is blood letting still a good option in your opinion as well?

If a willing mother has agreed to have her baby aborted, as abhorant as any of us might find that, then the attending physician's first priority is to his patient, the MOTHER. The attending physician would leave himself wide open to malpractice charges otherwise. Please don't quibble about ethics. It's another debate entirely.

Why didn't you consider MY hypothetical in my previous post. You know, the one where I alluded to how many Bundys, Gacys, Dahmers, Mansions, Hitlers, et al have been aborted over the years? It's only fair since you pointed out we can't possibly know how many virtuous people were aborted.

Never mind. I know why you had to duck it. It doesn't fit with your hypocritical morality play.

Gotta be one of your funniest yet. I love Greek mythology, too. You quote the 'classical' oath. What about the one that med. students take today? Or is blood letting still a good option in your opinion as well?

If a willing mother has agreed to have her baby aborted, as abhorant as any of us might find that, then the attending physician's first priority is to his patient, the MOTHER. The attending physician would leave himself wide open to malpractice charges otherwise. Please don't quibble about ethics. It's another debate entirely.

Why didn't you consider MY hypothetical in my previous post. You know, the one where I alluded to how many Bundys, Gacys, Dahmers, Mansions, Hitlers, et al have been aborted over the years? It's only fair since you pointed out we can't possibly know how many virtuous people were aborted.

Never mind. I know why you had to duck it. It doesn't fit with your hypocritical morality play.

Yet, when the child and mother agreed not to get chemo last week many were upset over that decision. Also, you still choose to ignore the rights of a child that is viable, and the reasons why a child can be killed in the third term. Your arguement leads me to believe that is a mother suffers from PPD they should have the right to kill the baby up to a point where the child can be self sufficient. What is that 2, 5, 12, 16???? You know there are laws now that if you kill a pregnant woman you will be charged with 2 murders not one. Why is there a conflict here?

As far as the other it really wasn't worth commenting on. Because the good done by the MLK's, Ghandis and Mother Theresa's far outweigh the bad done by Dahlmer, Bundy, mansons, etc....

Yet, when the child and mother agreed not to get chemo last week many were upset over that decision. Not relevant. Take it up with those that were upset.

Also, you still choose to ignore the rights of a child that is viable, and the reasons why a child can be killed in the third term. No. You choose to ignore the reproductive rights of a mother who again, even if we find it abhorant, has a LEGAL right to terminate her pregancy if she so desires.

Your arguement leads me to believe that is a mother suffers from PPD they should have the right to kill the baby up to a point where the child can be self sufficient. What is that 2, 5, 12, 16???? Again, if a mother CHOOSES to abort her child that is her legal right to do so. The 2,5,12,16 bit is just a ridiculous attempt at making a point.

You know there are laws now that if you kill a pregnant woman you will be charged with 2 murders not one. Why is there a conflict here? Well, maybe because there ISN'T a conflict. If I have to explain why, there is no hope for you understanding it in the first place. But I'll try. A woman ELECTS to have an abortion. To my knowledge, pregnant women don't ELECT to get murdered.

As far as the other it really wasn't worth commenting on. Because the good done by the MLK's, Ghandis and Mother Theresa's far outweigh the bad done by Dahlmer, Bundy, mansons, etc.... I'd like to believe that, too.

You don't get it. Abortions will ALWAYS occur, no matter what the law says. That's a fact. The trick is to prevent the pregnancy from the beginning or find productive, alternatives to abortion. Unfortunately for everyone, the anti-abortion movement has done very, very little to promote those positive policies...

Precisely why abortion numbers have steadily DECREASED over the years. The hypocritical moralists would have you believe it's because women have seen the evil of their wicked ways when the reality is better education and awareness of the potential consequences of an unwanted pregancy. Education that is, ironically, railed against by many of the very same zealots.

GO BILLS!!!

Precisely why abortion numbers have steadily DECREASED over the years. The hypocritical moralists would have you believe it's because women have seen the evil of their wicked ways when the reality is better education and awareness of the potential consequences of an unwanted pregancy. Education that is, ironically, railed against by many of the very same zealots.

I am always amazed that the anti-abortion movement doesn't embrace these strategies. It's like they just don't care because fanaticism gets in the way. It's like their conducting a test of Christianity or righteousness rather than practically dealing with the underlying issue.

The baby is also their patient. On top of that doing ill-will to the baby in the third trimester especially when it is viable goes against their oath.

You crazy people are aware that we have this dividing rift in terms of the definition of a human, right? I feel fetuses are not humans. You do. We will never get anywhere past that.

I mean come to your senses man, here is what I see when I read your posts.

The non-human is also their patient. On top of that doing ill-will to the non-human in the third trimester especially when it is viable goes against their oath.

And then I sit and scratch my head and wonder.. "did this guy just imply that doctors have any sort of obligation to treat non-human life forms as patients???"

Olberman tells viewers to stop watching Fox News. :devil:

Well, Keith, I guess that's one way to make your ratings seem like someone other than Conner is watching you every night.

I can't wait until Keith starts quoting from this message board to make his point.

How many of Olberman's viewers watch Fox anyway? Maybe three? Not a shitload of overlap between those two demographics.

Ya he more on the show said "try to talk friends and family and businesses you support out of watching fox news"

.. but you know how those right wing media types love to make their headlines accurate. and you know how skeptical you are of those folks. so you would have known that.. right?

Ya he more on the show said "try to talk friends and family and businesses you support out of watching fox news"

.. but you know how those right wing media types love to make their headlines accurate. and you know how skeptical you are of those folks. so you would have known that.. right?

Speaking of morons. <_<

You crazy people are aware that we have this dividing rift in terms of the definition of a human, right? I feel fetuses are not humans. You do. We will never get anywhere past that.

I mean come to your senses man, here is what I see when I read your posts.

And then I sit and scratch my head and wonder.. "did this guy just imply that doctors have any sort of obligation to treat non-human life forms as patients???"

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. So when the baby passes through the vagina it magically becomes a human? What was it before, a stick of butter? A cell phone?

Fetuses are humans. They are alive and they have human DNA. That's science. You can't just say "I feel fetuses are not humans." That's not a valid opinion, it's a scientifically incorrect statement.

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. So when the baby passes through the vagina it magically becomes a human? What was it before, a stick of butter? A cell phone?

Fetuses are humans. They are alive and they have human DNA. That's science. You can't just say "I feel fetuses are not humans." That's not a valid opinion, it's a scientifically incorrect statement.

LOL <_<

The question of "when does human life begin?" has been contemplated for thousands of years, and there is no one answer that all can agree on. This is a very brief, but decent, discussion of some of the issues:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2...uman-life-begin

Of the possible definitions discussed, I take a liking to "the beginning of measurable brain-wave activity, roughly 25 weeks after conception" as a reasonable definition. If lack of brain-wave activity is generally accepted as a definition for death, the start of that activity isn't a bad indicator for when human life begins, IMO. I'm not saying I'm totally on board with this, but it makes some sense, to me.

Of course, one might argue that a fetus isn't actually human until it breathes air. Can something that lives without breathing be considered "human"?

Honestly, I don't think there will ever be an answer everyone can agree on. And while I am staunchly pro-choice, I think most can agree that reducing the number of abortions is a good thing. I have often wondered how those who use abortion as a regular method of birth control can justify it to themselves. Even if they don't consider the fetus to be human, it certainly is well on its way to being human, and there should be some respect for that.

Of course, sometimes when I am out and encounter someone with young unruly children, I think maybe humanity starts at about 18 years, or so.

Then so does a sperm, so does your heart if I rip it out of you. So does your blood. Those all are living and contain human DNA. But then they all die without your body to support them.