Name a player we can add now that makes our team better??

Guest dog14787

bump, sorry guys, it looks like SKOOBYVILLE around here and I just wanted to get all of our ducks in a row.

I know it is already an area of strength, but the Bills should go after Boldin. It may only cost a second round pick as has been discussed on this board already. The truth is...Owens is gone after this season. We don't know anything about Steve Johnson or James Hardy. Reed is a nice #3 and Parrish will never been more than an occasional option in 4 WR sets.

Boldin is young. Boldin is talented. Boldin is a top 5 wide receiver in this league. Boldin's style is opposite of Evans; therefore, his play is complementary to Evans and to the offense.

He is the best player available and a difference maker. There is not another player being discussed in free agency or the trade market with as much value as Boldin.

Does he fit a top 3 need for our team? No, but he does fit a future need after Owens leaves, and if a special player in the league is available, you go after them.

I liked the Henderson rumor best- Stroud and Henderson with Williams and McCargo gives you a lot of options in the DT rotation- Stroud and Henderson will not be bullied.

:D

of the people touted I liked the Henderson rumor best- Stroud and Henderson with Williams and McCargo gives you a lot of options in the DT rotation- Stroud and Henderson will not be bullied.

I agree 100%. Henderson reunited with Stroud on our D-Line would be fantastic. Rumor was that Jacksonville was looking for a third or fourth pick in return. Someone posted a video of Henderson from YouTube with a trainer slapping him during a pre-game routine. Would love to have some of that attitude on our D in Buffalo!

Who is out there that's available that needs to be on our team in your opinion??

UFA Lineman still unsigned, that could contribute, in no particular order.

1. Ebenezer Ekuban DE - had 5 sacks with a lousy Broncos D last season.

2. La'Roi Glover DT - 14 year vet who had 30 tackles last year, good depth.

3. Langston Moore DT - Had 12 tackles & 1 sack for the Lions in 9 games last year. Plus, you can't have enough Langstons on your team.! - Still young.

4. Dewayne Robertson DT - Still only 27, had 1.5 sacks for Denver last season - good depth if he came cheap enough.

5. Josh Thomas DT - Productive back up DT for the Colts last year, 28 tackles - good depth at the right price. - 27 yrs. old.

6. John Thornton DT - Still only 32, had 30 tackles & 3 sacks for Cinti last year. Could challange Williams to start.

7. Anthony Weaver DT - 29 yrs old, had 45 tackles & 1 Int. for Houston last year. Could challange Williams to start.

8. Ellis Wyms DT - Had 2.5 sacks and 1 FF for the Vikings last year. 30 yrs old - solid depth player.

9. Marc Colombo OT - 4 year starter in Dallas, still only 30 yrs old.

10. Levi Jones - OT - Would be a terrific addition, if he was asking for sane money of course.

Who is out there that's available that needs to be on our team in your opinion??

Michael Vick- not high on him as a prototype QB, but he would be better than anything we have as a backup right now. With a completely revamped OL, chances are high that Trent misses time to OL breakdowns.

His real value comes in running the wildcat.

force Turk to get his head out of his butt - what he ran last year as a wildcat was a joke.

Vick provides a real run / pass option which will result in big plays for the offense.

Bills have not made the playoffs in a decade - they need to maximize their chances in 2009 while TO is under contract.

Personally, I'm just not sold on Langston Walker as our starting left tackle. I would much prefer the Bills sign Levi Jones, at least as a one year stop-gap until we can get a LT via draft or free agency. I think that would really do wonders for the O-Line.

I know it is already an area of strength, but the Bills should go after Boldin. It may only cost a second round pick as has been discussed on this board already. The truth is...Owens is gone after this season. We don't know anything about Steve Johnson or James Hardy. Reed is a nice #3 and Parrish will never been more than an occasional option in 4 WR sets.

Boldin is young. Boldin is talented. Boldin is a top 5 wide receiver in this league. Boldin's style is opposite of Evans; therefore, his play is complementary to Evans and to the offense.

He is the best player available and a difference maker. There is not another player being discussed in free agency or the trade market with as much value as Boldin.

Does he fit a top 3 need for our team? No, but he does fit a future need after Owens leaves, and if a special player in the league is available, you go after them.

God, you're stupid...

In Madden money is electronic, but here in the real world, money isn't infinite. :pirate:

Exactly...and then sign him to what? He is going to want a long term deal with over 10Mil per. Paying evans and Boldin insane money will cause a problem especially when boldin is another Peters and will want another deal in two years again! He is great, but thankfully it is only a pipedream!

In Madden money is electronic, but here in the real world, money isn't infinite. :pirate:

On the Dline- Kevin Carter would be good as a rotational DT. He is still enormous and athletic!

I would add a Mike Brown or Boulware who could man the strong with scott as the sub

Then at LB i would go for Brooks over Pisa for experience and leadership over anything, and they are about the same size!

I would add a player like Ben Troupe to simply be a receiving threat at TE unless Nelson comes along smoothly!

We could use competition like Drew stanton or henson for fitzpatrick to be pushed. Hamdan is not it, though he is all but guaranteed the third qb slot!

As far as the line, we could add a better player for sure bt at what cost. There are so many players already in the many competitions accross the line, there is no way to give enough reps. also the bills have a thing for some of these guys reguardless of how little they have proved! A jones or tauscher addition would not necessarily be smart, and someone like Kuame Harris and such are not upgrades over you and i!