Enough with these gay jokes...not really funny

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough with the gay jokes...Every other thread has them. It's a little worrisome how much gay innuendo there is on this board. Get over it already. And no, I'm not gay, but it degrades and has no place here.

just my opin.

The Bilths are going to the THUPER BOWL! YAY!

Couldn't say, but I heard he was a huge Bette Midler fan.

I always thought that a traveling show with Midler, Bernadette Peters, and the late Madeline Kahn would have been fabulous.

They all can/could belt'em out in Ethel Merman/Kate Smith fashion.

Has anyone come out of the closet yet ? Who is still in the closet and what are you looking for ? I found a pair of old slippers that had been shoved way to the back of the closet .Found the cat in the back sleeping on some clothes that had fallen on the floor . How often do you check out your closet ? :sick:

I checked the closet for my copy of Mario Kart for my old N64 yesterday. It wasn't in there though. :thumbdown:

Well said...that was my intent. I like coming to this board often and talking Bills...What's disturbing is the jokes are sometimes aimed at our own players like Trent Edwards....Last time I check he's our starting QB!

I know most of you guys are joking, so I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers...It just bugged me enough to post a topic about it.

I don't know dude did you see that first pitch in Toronto? A lil limp in the wrists. :thumbdown:

Has anyone come out of the closet yet ? Who is still in the closet and what are you looking for ? I found a pair of old slippers that had been shoved way to the back of the closet .Found the cat in the back sleeping on some clothes that had fallen on the floor . How often do you check out your closet ? :thumbdown:

I cleaned out my closed the other day and found Tom Cruise, John Travolta, and R Kelly was mumbling something

Any one who didn't stop at Dib's avatar on page one is gay!!!

But seriously gays are real polite. I went to a gay bar and everyone offered to push in my stool :thumbdown:

Edit: why do I have a picture of TO without a shirt???............Does that mean I'm..............

Enough with the gay jokes...Every other thread has them. It's a little worrisome how much gay innuendo there is on this board. Get over it already. And no, I'm not gay, but it degrades and has no place here.

just my opin.

Thank you..I haven't laughed this hard in a while..

Bert and Ernie weigh in

SuperBills12, while I agree with you, I'm not sure if this was the right forum to bring the issue up.

To those who have responded so far, I understand that you think the initial poster is being overly sensitive and making a big deal about nothing, as most of your jokes are not supposed to be taken seriously. However, if you think about it this way, maybe you'll understand where he's coming from. Our culture, for whatever reason (I won't go into it), has created a point to point connection between homosexuality and something being dumb, stupid, or otherwise deficient. Anyone who uses the word gay in this way is propagating this stereotype whether they mean to or not. I don't expect most of you to agree with or seriously consider this assessment nor do I want to dictate how you should and should not act (it's your life). However, try substituting a word that defines your own identity (whether it's your race, class, religion, etc) in place of the word gay and ask yourself if you or someone else in your social group (parents, friends, etc) might be offended if people devalued your identity with such regularity. Unless I've got SuperBills12 wrong, he doesn't mean that you are all homophobic but that you're feeding into this normal vs. homosexual binary by using gay to mean that something is bad, stupid, dumb, etc.

And I would like you to know that just because I think you are dumb, stupid, and otherwise deficient, I in NO way think you are a homosexual.

SuperBills12, while I agree with you, I'm not sure if this was the right forum to bring the issue up.

To those who have responded so far, I understand that you think the initial poster is being overly sensitive and making a big deal about nothing, as most of your jokes are not supposed to be taken seriously. However, if you think about it this way, maybe you'll understand where he's coming from. Our culture, for whatever reason (I won't go into it), has created a point to point connection between homosexuality and something being dumb, stupid, or otherwise deficient. Anyone who uses the word gay in this way is propagating this stereotype whether they mean to or not. I don't expect most of you to agree with or seriously consider this assessment nor do I want to dictate how you should and should not act (it's your life). However, try substituting a word that defines your own identity (whether it's your race, class, religion, etc) in place of the word gay and ask yourself if you or someone else in your social group (parents, friends, etc) might be offended if people devalued your identity with such regularity. Unless I've got SuperBills12 wrong, he doesn't mean that you are all homophobic but that you're feeding into this normal vs. homosexual binary by using gay to mean that something is bad, stupid, dumb, etc.

You know how I can tell you're gay...? :thumbdown: