Glenn Dorsey is available for the right price

It would be difficult for the Bills to trade for Dorsey, specially not knowing who the coach would be next year if the Bills were to fire Jauron, since Dorsey is a 4-3 Lineman, not a 3-4 NT, couple that with his megacontract, I see about a .01% chance of the Bills trading for him.

System wise, I think he would be an awesome fit for what it is that we are currently trying to do.

unless he is All pro level....FORGET IT !!...i wouldn't give them a 7th round pick.

it's a Salary dump......he makes + $ 10 mil / year. Franchise tag value for DT is $6.1 million.

last year he signed a 5 yr / $51 million ($ 23 mil guaranteed) contract.

I would wait till next year to trade for him if ever. If he is not suited for a 3-4 his value will only drop over the course of this year. Second, I agree with Magox, and I doubt DJ is around after this season. Our new coach may come in a switch to a 3-4 -- which would leave Dorsey out of the loop again.

I loved Dorsey in college and still think he could become one hell of a player. If we run a 4-3 in 2010, he does not play much this year and is going to be moved, I think giving up a 2nd or 3rd would be worth it for a player like him.

If he signed a 5 yr 51 million contract with 23 guaranteed, remember that guaranteed money goes on the chiefs cap. That would drop his deal down to a 5 year 30 million dollar contract, which is much more palatable.

unless he is All pro level....FORGET IT !!...i wouldn't give them a 7th round pick.

it's a Salary dump......he makes + $ 10 mil / year. Franchise tag value for DT is $6.1 million.

last year he signed a 5 yr / $51 million ($ 23 mil guaranteed) contract.

Contracts are never what they look like, ie Nate Clemens bogus 8 year 80 mil

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=4661

7/26/2008: Signed a five-year, $33 million contract. The deal includes $22.5 million guaranteed. Another $18 million is available through incentives. 2009: $385,000, 2010: $983,500, 2011: $1,582,250, 2012: $2.181 million, 2013: $2.75 million, 2014: Free Agent

Obviously still a lot of money, but he's not making 10 mil a year. I'm still looking for his signing bonus breakdowns...read on ballhype that the chiefs got a pretty good deal, in terms on no 5 pick money...

http://www.scoresreport.com/2009/04/26/was...lmost-a-falcon/

This article says that he has 18 mil guaranteed left...AND KC would be on the hook for all of it.

You guys think this is true? I can never trust writers anymore on salary cap issues (or contract terms of that matter) because they are so complicated that I don't think even Roger Goodell knows.

I don't think KC would have ever considered trading him at any price if they had 18 mil on their books they couldn't get rid of....I think most teams would trade away any number of picks if they could get their hands on 18 mil.

Besides, DT struggle in their first year, and I think Dorsey has enormous upside. And why can't they fit him in their new system, because he's not a NT? I'm so sick of teams throwing away good players because they don't fit the system. Build a damn system around your players!

No way we go after him. He would need to take a gigantic pay cut for him to come here.

Yep. Good, worthwhile player or not - paying for someones' top ten pick contract would be nuts. I can't see Dorsey re-negotiating...he would be an idiot to do so.

If he signed a 5 yr 51 million contract with 23 guaranteed, remember that guaranteed money goes on the chiefs cap. That would drop his deal down to a 5 year 30 million dollar contract, which is much more palatable.

But it would kill your draft equity formula. Just say no.

I agree a second round pick seems like a good price for Dorsey. But don't forget who is running the show in KC. Scott Pioli isn't going to give away a potential All-Pro, no matter what type of system he is designed for.

Next years first for Dorsey is a bargain IMO!

Yep. I think it's insane anyone can say anything else. Dorsey is a freak and would complete our defense. Lined up next to Stroud? Damn.... Anyone who says anything different has NOT watched him play.

Not that I expect it or anything, but wow would that be huge.

I'd give a 3rd rounder that could become a 1st if he reaches some milestones.

I like the conditional scenario as well. I'd say a 2nd, with the chance of becoming a 1st with him hitting some incentives. Stroud and Dorsey would be a NASTY duo :flirt:

I agree a second round pick seems like a good price for Dorsey. But don't forget who is running the show in KC. Scott Pioli isn't going to give away a potential All-Pro, no matter what type of system he is designed for.

I would give up a second, and there is no doubt we would have to accept his current contract. I don't think pioli knows him that well and he knows that despite his talents, he is a poor fit for the system in KC. Furthermore, he wants to build thru the draft and a potential high second round pick is not bad along with a large salary dump.