Lori

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim,

Do you watch Lost?

What's your top 5 TV show rundown?

I don't watch Lost, but I have a personal rule about jumping in late on serials. I wish I'd watched it from the start. I'll probably pick it up on DVD at some point. Same with the first couple seasons of 24.

Top five shows:

1. Simpsons

2. Deadwood

3. Sopranos (you know you write about football when your urge is to type "Sparanos")

4. The Office

5. Police Squad

Is he schitzophrenic?

I don't think so and I don't think so either.

I don't watch Lost, but I have a personal rule about jumping in late on serials. I wish I'd watched it from the start. I'll probably pick it up on DVD at some point. Same with the first couple seasons of 24.

Top five shows:

1. Simpsons

2. Deadwood

3. Sopranos (you know you write about football when your urge is to type "Sparanos")

4. The Office

5. Police Squad

I have the hardest time not saying Tony Soprano instead of Sparanos too. :rolleyes: To get better I leave off the Tony part, it makes it easier.

Police Squad one of the best TV shows and definitely the best TV show to be canceled waaaaaayyyy too early. :rolleyes:

I don't think so and I don't think so either.

I have the hardest time not saying Tony Soprano instead of Sparanos too. :o To get better I leave off the Tony part, it makes it easier.

Police Squad one of the best TV shows and definitely the best TV show to be canceled waaaaaayyyy too early. :lol:

Get a Life was another one

Top five shows:

1. Simpsons

2. Deadwood

4. The Office

5. Police Squad

You sir, have won the internets.

Top five shows:

1. Simpsons

2. Deadwood

4. The Office

5. Police Squad

What do you think happened to Tony in the end? Did he get hit?

I strongly advise getting the LOST series!

Top five shows:

1. Simpsons

2. Deadwood

4. The Office

5. Police Squad

Tim: I like your taste in shows... what do you think of Mad Men and Dexter? True Blood is ok but a little hokey (SP?)

Tim: I like your taste in shows... what do you think of Mad Men and Dexter? True Blood is ok but a little hokey (SP?)

Mad Men is sensational, but I've missed too many shows. They're on my DVR.

Dexter (and The Wire) have fallen under my refuse-to-watch policy because they're too far along. People whose tastes I really trust love both shows, so I know I'd be into them. My mom has all the Dexter shows, so next time I'm home I'll be starting it up.

I don't think he was killed. I think the director was trying to paint a picture of the high drama Tony experienced even in the mundane events of his daily routine, the high anxiety -- always wondering what's coming around the corner or through the door -- for the rest of his life.

I don't think he was killed. I think the director was trying to paint a picture of the high drama Tony experienced even though the mundane events of his daily routine, the high anxiety -- always wondering what's coming around the corner or through the door -- for the rest of his life.

I want to believe this too, but unless they come out with a sequel, I think he got whacked -unless Meadow tripped the guy up walking in to the diner.. One or two previous episodes, Tony was descibing his belief about what happens when/if you get whacked- that you don't hear or see anything, everything just goes black...

Mad Men is sensational, but I've missed too many shows. They're on my DVR.

Dexter (and The Wire) have fallen under my refuse-to-watch policy because they're too far along. People whose tastes I really trust love both shows, so I know I'd be into them. My mom has all the Dexter shows, so next time I'm home I'll be starting it up.

The entire run of The Wire is out on DVD. Pick it up; you won't regret it. Amazing work by David Simon.

Get a Life was another one

:thumbsup:

IMO, the best line from the show; "Oh yeah, I loved all the episodes of Barretta where he gave the drivers tests."

I want to believe this too, but unless they come out with a sequel, I think he got whacked -unless Meadow tripped the guy up walking in to the diner.. One or two previous episodes, Tony was descibing his belief about what happens when/if you get whacked- that you don't hear or see anything, everything just goes black...

Tony's dead;

This article makes a great breakdown of the final episode. (Warning it's very long) It is however broken down in to nine parts so you can read one part at a time.

Part 1 will show how Chase directed, edited and scored the final scene of the Sopranos to lead to the interpretation that Tony was shot in the head in Holsten’s and how this ties into the “never hear it happen” concept that Chase hammered into the viewer before the show’s final scene.

:thumbsup:

IMO, the best line from the show; "Oh yeah, I loved all the episodes of Barretta where he gave the drivers tests."

Tony's dead;

This article makes a great breakdown of the final episode. (Warning it's very long) It is however broken down in to nine parts so you can read one part at a time.

Part 1 will show how Chase directed, edited and scored the final scene of the Sopranos to lead to the interpretation that Tony was shot in the head in Holsten’s and how this ties into the “never hear it happen” concept that Chase hammered into the viewer before the show’s final scene.

I guarantee you that blogger thought about this more than David Chase did.

I think Jim Rome was the one who said it best... something like "... the end of Soprano's was their way of saying, 'To be continued... as a Major Motion Picture!'"

Amen ... there will be too much coin lost on a possible movie if Tony is dead.