Drayton Florence

Man I forgot about this signing. Makes the draft event hat more puzzling. How many DBs does one team need anyway? Don't get me wrong I'm all for bringing in guys like this, but how about drafting some help for the defensive line as well?

Alot of analysts were shocked the Jags gave up on him so fast...Merril Hoge loved this free agent pickup...he considered Florence an upgrade over departed Greer...

Eventhough I love Greer and wish him the best in N.O.

He missed a lot of tackles and was burned plenty in his time in SD. Also, a penalty magnet.

His hicglights do not forgive his inconsistancy.

I don;t like him, hope he gets cut.

He missed a lot of tackles and was burned plenty in his time in SD. Also, a penalty magnet.

His highlights do not forgive his inconsistancy.

I don't like him, hope he gets cut.

I like him as a depth guy if he is the nickel back and a back up for the free safety spot. In San Diego he seemed to play really well in spot starts and as a role player. I have only seen him play in the playoffs and a few games but from what I saw and from what I hear on scouts reports ect he seems to be a guy who if he starts for a long period of time he gets exposed but if he plays a game or two he works out well and if he plays in a role he plays well.

But yeah as a starter for a long period of time he shows the warts in his game.

Man I forgot about this signing. Makes the draft event hat more puzzling. How many DBs does one team need anyway? Don't get me wrong I'm all for bringing in guys like this, but how about drafting some help for the defensive line as well?

Our DB's seem to get hurt often. Greer and Youboty were out for a long time last year. Never hurts to have depth.

I agree but some people see Nic Harris as a S and not a LB.

Florence was very good in SD and crashed in Jerksonville. Off course Greggo was his coach. I wouldn't be surprised to see him excel in the nickel role. JMO

His hicglights do not forgive his inconsistancy.

I don;t like him, hope he gets cut.

I don't like your grammar or spelling. I hope you don't get to post more. :cry:

I don't like your grammar or spelling. I hope you don't get to post more. :cry:

although grammer-wise you are right, apologies. I tend towards a pidgeon-english which is much more understandable in some places, but not proper English.

So, I will try to do better in the grammer department thanks for pointing it out.

As for spelling, generally the issue is typos, I can spell properly.

Best of luck, maybe I WILL get banned from more postings!

I agree but some people see Nic Harris as a S and not a LB.

Florence was very good in SD and crashed in Jerksonville. Off course Greggo was his coach. I wouldn't be surprised to see him excel in the nickel role. JMO

:cry: That was my thought when we signed him. I expect him to have atleast 5 picks this year just mainly from the NCB role. With Youboty on the field in the dime, our defensive backfield should be down right nasty.

I wouldn't be shocked if Florence is starting day one, actually. McKelvin was exceptional for a rookie last year, but Jauron doesn't like to give jobs to young players unless he has to, or unless they've earned it. Leo will have to come into camp and prove he's the better player in order to start. If they're about the same, Florence probably gets the nod, at least early in the season. JMO

There is a reason Florence was let go by the Chargers -- and it was not just Cromartie. The Chargers never let a good player walk away, but they let Florence walk away. The Jags then cut him after one year. I dont know their reasoning, but I dont expect much from him with McKelvin, McGee, Youboty, and Corner on the roster.

if the D-lineman at those spots suck, do you draft out of need ni rounds 6 or 7? or do you take the best player available, even if that happens to be a position ofs trength on your squad?

a 6 and 7 round DB is not a big deal. the lineman at that point are non impactive. just look at the bills history of "late round" lineman:

tyrone roberts, lauvale sape, dyland mcfarland, aaron merz, cj ahou...

you get teh pooint. take the best player at those points in late rounds - dont draft on need...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/buf.htm