White Throwbacks Jerseys

The Bills won the AFL Championship in 65 wearing the white ones. I think they could sell more jerseys if they brought them out. I believe alot of folks have already bought the blues throwbacks.

Opinions

New England's AFL throwback jersey is red.

http://www.nflshop.com/family/index.jsp?ca...3541059.3541066

Tennessee Titans is baby blue

http://www.nflshop.com/family/index.jsp?ca...3541059.3541065

Something has to give....

I believe the Bills will unveil a white 1964-65 throwback jersey this summer. The league doesn't want a royal blue versus baby blue contrast on TV. Someone has to wear white.

White throwbacks are currently being developed and are coming out in August. I'm not sure if each team is going to have home and away throwback jersey's but Reebok is producing Bills white jersey's that will launch in August. I've posted this a few times and understandably people are skeptical. I happen to like my job so can't really offer 'proof'. Nonetheless, I'm a sucker and will buy one come August.

With two key members of the AFL Champion teams passing away this year, I'd like to see the Bills petition the NFL to wear the throwbacks for all the games this season. It would be a tribute to the memories of Jack Kemp and Lou Saban in addition to the 50th Anniversary of the AFL.

If they did petition and it was denied, the Bills could still wear the throwbacks but be fined for each game, is that right? If so, I wonder how much the fine would be.....

With two key members of the AFL Champion teams passing away this year, I'd like to see the Bills petition the NFL to wear the throwbacks for all the games this season. It would be a tribute to the memories of Jack Kemp and Lou Saban in addition to the 50th Anniversary of the AFL.

If they did petition and it was denied, the Bills could still wear the throwbacks but be fined for each game, is that right? If so, I wonder how much the fine would be.....

I would like to see the Bills go back to royal blue, period. All that market research that said navy blue translates better on TV than royal blue is outdated. Most of us have High Def TV's now and bright colors look amazing in HD.

The Bills are meant to be Royal Blue, Red and White.....PLEASE GET RID OF THE SUPERDARK NAVY BLUE FOR GOOD!

I would like to see the Bills go back to royal blue, period. All that market research that said navy blue translates better on TV than royal blue is outdated. Most of us have High Def TV's now and bright colors look amazing in HD.

The Bills are meant to be Royal Blue, Red and White.....PLEASE GET RID OF THE SUPERDARK NAVY BLUE FOR GOOD!

AMEN!!

White throwbacks are currently being developed and are coming out in August. I'm not sure if each team is going to have home and away throwback jersey's but Reebok is producing Bills white jersey's that will launch in August. I've posted this a few times and understandably people are skeptical. I happen to like my job so can't really offer 'proof'. Nonetheless, I'm a sucker and will buy one come August.

Maybe you're correct and the Bills will be releasing a white throwback, which would kick ass.

But how are your bosses not ok with you showing "proof," yet they are ok with you telling everyone about the jerseys? If this was a big hush hush operation that no one was to know about, why no gag order?

I cant wait for the whites to come out, I will be ordering one once our chinese friends start producing them!

What I really want to know, is when will the Bills go old school permenantly. I have yet to meet a fan who likes the current uni's better than the throwbacks.

I cant wait for the whites to come out, I will be ordering one once our chinese friends start producing them!

What I really want to know, is when will the Bills go old school permenantly. I have yet to meet a fan who likes the current uni's better than the throwbacks.

Agreed.

The Bills current white away jersey is a joke. Navy blue shoulders? Royal blue numbers? Not sure what metrosexual yuppy designed these, but they are horrible!

Let's just simplify and bring the AFL jersey back full time, home and away.

+1

But as I've written before, this probably won't happen until after Ralph sells or dies. Changing the logo and unis full-time is a fairly costly proposal --- new letterhead, new business cards, new stadium signage, changing the field logo (and I believe AstroPlay went out of business, too, iirc, which would make this a little harder/more expensive), media guides, et cetera, et cetera. With 2 games a year, he figures it's enough to give people a taste of the good stuff and not incur expense.

Ralph Wilson has a raging case of Old Man Syndrome. He doesn't want to change the decor just so the next owner will want to change it again. And unless Ralph owns the Sourcerer's Stone, this could literally happen at any time in the next 5-10 years. It's along the same reason why he's quashed talk about a new stadium. It's actually easier (and more profitable, b/c it will attract more buyers) to leave things alone, not handcuff the next owner to a new stadium he might not want, and just coast to the finish.

Looks like these are the jerseys for the games this year. The Pats jersey is white.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

I was thinking they would have to come out with white jerseys until you gave that link. If the Pats are going with white jerseys, then we're almost assuredly sticking with blue.

Too bad, I would have loved a white jersey.

AMEN!!

Amen to your amen.

I refuse to buy our current jersey. Our unis went from one of the best to one of the worst.

I wish the Bills would recognize their error and go back to what we had before the change and compliment that with the white and blue throwbacks.

+1

But as I've written before, this probably won't happen until after Ralph sells or dies. Changing the logo and unis full-time is a fairly costly proposal --- new letterhead, new business cards, new stadium signage, changing the field logo (and I believe AstroPlay went out of business, too, iirc, which would make this a little harder/more expensive), media guides, et cetera, et cetera. With 2 games a year, he figures it's enough to give people a taste of the good stuff and not incur expense.

Ralph Wilson has a raging case of Old Man Syndrome. He doesn't want to change the decor just so the next owner will want to change it again. And unless Ralph owns the Sourcerer's Stone, this could literally happen at any time in the next 5-10 years. It's along the same reason why he's quashed talk about a new stadium. It's actually easier (and more profitable, b/c it will attract more buyers) to leave things alone, not handcuff the next owner to a new stadium he might not want, and just coast to the finish.

Nor sure where to start to contradict you, but I think the sales alone of the new jersey, hats, T's and everything else would offset the expense. Don't even want to get in to the cost of a new stadium.