Finally - Proof that they should stop making Nic cage movies!

ACor58

Eh - AFAIK, he's a decent chap who knows he's not a Shakespearean actor or a Greek paragon of beauty.

His work, acting, dialogue in Raising Arizona, Moonstruck, Peggy Sue Got Married, It Could Be You and the umpteenth remake of City of Angels was decent, humorous where called for, and heartwarming.

Eh - AFAIK, he's a decent chap who knows he's not a Shakespearean actor or a Greek paragon of beauty.

His work, acting, dialogue in Raising Arizona, Moonstruck, Peggy Sue Got Married, It Could Be You and the umpteenth remake of City of Angels was decent, humorous where called for, and heartwarming.

What about his southern accent in Con Air?

"Whyyyyy cudntchayuu just put thaa bunny in thaa bowcks?"

Dude can't act his way out of a paper bag. If it weren't for Uncle Francis he'd be waiting tables at the local bistro.

Raising Arizona was the only thing that I can think of that I liked Cage in. I found that movie hilarious.

Dear God, I was walking right in front of that Sbarro just a month and a half ago!!! <_<

Let me get this straight Bruckheimer is going to do a remake of a Disney cartoon that starred Mickey Mouse and it's going to have nic cage AND car chases?!?!? I can only imagine what Jerry "the Bruck" would do Dumbo or Songs of the South!!!!

Dear God, I was walking right in front of that Sbarro just a month and a half ago!!! <_<

Let me get this straight Bruckheimer is going to do a remake of a Disney cartoon that starred Mickey Mouse and it's going to have nic cage AND car chases?!?!? I can only imagine what Jerry "the Bruck" would do Dumbo or Songs of the South!!!!

I remember watching Fantasia on acid many years ago and I could have sworn I saw a Ferrari and a Porshe chasing each other.

What about his southern accent in Con Air?

"Whyyyyy cudntchayuu just put thaa bunny in thaa bowcks?"

Nothing would compel me to go see a movie like Con Air, so I don't know. I merely mention that he has made a few decent movies, and seems to be an unpretentious fellow.

I can't fault him for making dreck movies - most in the biz do so too, for the $$$.

Cage is a wierd dude. I saw him on Letterman and he was talking about how he purchased a home in New Orleans that is considered the most haunted house in America.

yeah he is a very strange guy...I kinda like him...decent actor....

I remember watching Fantasia on acid many years ago and I could have sworn I saw a Ferrari and a Porshe chasing each other.

<_<

I am not a Nic Cage fan either, even though Con Air is a guilty pleasure. Let's face it, people like Con Air because of John Malkovich & Steve Buscemi, not because of Cage.

I will say that Cage was good in Family Man, that's about all I can think of.

I think Cage was excellent in "Valley Girl", "Leaving Las Vegas", "Raising Arizona", "Adaptation", and especially "Birdy".

Unfortunately, like a lot of good young actors, winning an Oscar was the kiss of death for his career. He made one bad flick after another, and took roles that did not fit him. Not exactly Cuba Gooding Jr, but more like, say Gwyneth Paltrow.