Ten "worst" films ever

WWVaBeach

I was at a theater where the film got stuck and burned up, about 2/3's of the way through. Can't remember what movie though, but they did give us free passes to see another movie.

I saw a movie that was so bad that whent the film got stuck and burned up about 2/3's of the way through we gave a standing ovation and left a little extra money just to get out of the movie! I think it was an Adam Sandler filme with Kevin Costner in it.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at a theater where the film got stuck and burned up, about 2/3's of the way through. Can't remember what movie though, but they did give us free passes to see another movie.

I had that happens years ago when seeing one of the Gremlins movies (true story). Unfortunately Hulk Hogan wasn't there to straighten things out.

Everyone I know seems to hate Donnie Darko - they thinks it's too complicated. So I'm basing it off that. I seem to like movies that everyone else thinks is too complicated or too esoteric: Donnie Darko, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Inception, David Lynch flicks.

You can cross "Inception" off your list. Many people enjoyed that film.

As for movies that would be considered too esoteric; are you a fan of any of the films by Terrence Malick?

"The Tree of Life" or "The Thin Red Line"?

You can cross "Inception" off your list. Many people enjoyed that film.

As for movies that would be considered too esoteric; are you a fan of any of the films by Terrence Malick?

"The Tree of Life" or "The Thin Red Line"?

Have not even heard of Malick but once I type this post I'll be searching on Amazon to see what the cost is to order "The Thin Red Line." I read the synopsis and it sounds like something that I would enjoy. Thanks for the recommendation.

With respect to "Inception" - big grossing movie, tons of good pub, but many people just enjoyed the action sequences and big budget production. I was surprised at how many people complained that it was too complicated to follow.

Have not even heard of Malick but once I type this post I'll be searching on Amazon to see what the cost is to order "The Thin Red Line." I read the synopsis and it sounds like something that I would enjoy. Thanks for the recommendation.

With respect to "Inception" - big grossing movie, tons of good pub, but many people just enjoyed the action sequences and big budget production. I was surprised at how many people complained that it was too complicated to follow.

Malick is a very respected film maker, even though he's only made a handful of movies in his career. He hadn't made a film in 20 years when "The Thin Red Line" came out. While TTRL did get nominated for best picture, it was not fully embraced by the public. Not surprising as people were expecting a story on the battle of Guadalcanal, which is more of a backdrop of the movie. The poetry and camera shots were probably far too artsy and esoteric for a mainstream audience.

"The Tree of Life" is a very beautiful movie too, but again very artsy. The camera angles, classical music, shots of nature and outer space are spectacular. Although you'll be asking yourself, why are dinosaurs in this movie? If you get a chance, check it out.

I see your point about "Inception". There were some people who did have that reaction about that movie.

Malick is a very respected film maker, even though he's only made a handful of movies in his career. He hadn't made a film in 20 years when "The Thin Red Line" came out. While TTRL did get nominated for best picture, it was not fully embraced by the public. Not surprising as people were expecting a story on the battle of Guadalcanal, which is more of a backdrop of the movie. The poetry and camera shots were probably far too artsy and esoteric for a mainstream audience.

"The Tree of Life" is a very beautiful movie too, but again very artsy. The camera angles, classical music, shots of nature and outer space are spectacular. Although you'll be asking yourself, why are dinosaurs in this movie? If you get a chance, check it out.

I see your point about "Inception". There were some people who did have that reaction about that movie.

I fully admit to being part of the audience that did not enjoy TTRL. I was probably too young when I saw it to fully appreciate it, but Malick has always been very tough for me to process in general. His stuff is BEAUTIFUL and I'll watch his films just for the images he captures. The guy is a genius there is no question.

He's also a lot smarter than me -- or at least that's how I feel when watching his stuff and trying to process it.

I fully admit to being part of the audience that did not enjoy TTRL. I was probably too young when I saw it to fully appreciate it, but Malick has always been very tough for me to process in general. His stuff is BEAUTIFUL and I'll watch his films just for the images he captures. The guy is a genius there is no question.

He's also a lot smarter than me -- or at least that's how I feel when watching his stuff and trying to process it.

:lol:

The man is an artist.

Brilliant cinematography...but I've tried, and failed, to sit through that movie four times now. I can't say it's a bad movie, because I can't even say why I don't like it...it just annoys the **** out of me on far too many different levels.

Brilliant cinematography...but I've tried, and failed, to sit through that movie four times now. I can't say it's a bad movie, because I can't even say why I don't like it...it just annoys the **** out of me on far too many different levels.

That's how I felt the only two times I watched it ... hard to explain why it bugged me but I guess I wasn't the audience.

The man who fell to earth.

First movie that my wife and I saw when we first started dating in 1976.

Is that the Bowie film?

I havn't seen anybody mention this movie but it goes in my top 10 worse movies of all time.

Slingblade

The reason nobody has mentioned it is because it's a pretty damn good movie.

This was a very good movie...No Country for Old Men...but the ending left me in kind of a WTF mode. I suppose I shouldn't even mention it as a "worst" movie by any means...but it was a wierd ending.

That was the best part. ***SPOILER ALERT*** Because in every other movie like that the good guy wins and the bad guy gets killed or captured. Movies that go the other way are not only refreshing (in a depressing sort of way) but also make every other movie you watch that much better b/c there's no guarantee that good will prevail.

This was a very good movie...No Country for Old Men...but the ending left me in kind of a WTF mode. I suppose I shouldn't even mention it as a "worst" movie by any means...but it was a wierd ending.

Agreed, great movie - but dammit if they didn't try to be too clever with ending. Somewhere online is an interesting comparison between the endings of NCFOM and "Inception" though. The crux of the discussion is that in principle the endings in both leave the audience in the same place but "Inception" is lauded for it's ending whereas NCFOM is maligned.

I just don't see it.