"A Christmas Story" fans....

EndZoneCrew

Anyone know what Darren McGavin yells as he is screaming out the back door at the dogs who just knocked over the family turkey? I wonder this everytime I watch the movie. Thanks!

Trivia:

The narrator, Jean Shepard, thereal Ralphie and writer of the movie., appears in a cameo. He is the guy with the beard and wearing a hat in the department store that tells Ralphie and his brother the line starts over there.

He was married to the actress Lois Nettleson for 6 years and is the voice of the father in the Carousel of Progress at Disney World.

"In the heat of battle my father wove a tapestry of obscenities that as far as we know is still hanging in space over Lake Michigan. "

and

Mother: All right. Now, are you ready to tell me where you heard that word?

Ralphie as Adult: [narrating] Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master. But, I chickened out and said the first name that came to mind.

Ralphie: Schwartz!

My parents said that everything looked authentic in that movie. They didn't make any mistakes with the sets or props.

My parents said that everything looked authentic in that movie. They didn't make any mistakes with the sets or props.

My Dad loved it for that reason. Totally reminded him of being a kid in the MidWest in the '40s.

Trivia:

The narrator, Jean Shepard, thereal Ralphie and writer of the movie., appears in a cameo. He is the guy with the beard and wearing a hat in the department store that tells Ralphie and his brother the line starts over there.

He was married to the actress Lois Nettleson for 6 years and is the voice of the father in the Carousel of Progress at Disney World.

Yep... He is a nice icon here in Northwest Indiana... His work (In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash) revolves around and takes place in the Gary, Hammond, Cedar Lake region of Indiana... And Shepherd was a Sox fan too!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 6 months later...
I just watched it again last night, and I still don't know!

9. The Bumpuses – A Christmas Story (1983)

Like I wrote in the previous entry, bad neighbors usually come with dogs, and nothing is truer of the Parkers’ hillbilly neighbors the Bumpuses. They actually owned 785 smelly hound dogs that apparently ignored every other human being on earth other than Mr. Parker (Darren McGavin). They attack the poor man every day when he comes home from work. Where are these damn hillbillies anyway? Do they really not care that their awful dogs are physically assaulting another person? The worst comes on Christmas morning as the dogs come crashing in at just the mere smell of turkey. So basically you can’t have a decent meal with your family if you live next door to these fools because their dogs will literally crash the party. The only good thing that came out of this disaster was that the Parkers were introduced to Chinese turkey. I really have to give Mr. Parker credit on the way he dealt with his neighbors. He never confronted them or called the cops. He just yelled, “Son of bitches! Bumpuses!” and close the door on one of the dog’s ears. If those dogs had attacked me, destroyed my house and the Bumpuses made no attempt to fix it, well I would have grabbed Ralphie’s Red Rider BB gun and started picking off the smelly hounds one by one.

http://www.scene-stealers.com/top-10/top-1...ovie-neighbors/

9. The Bumpuses – A Christmas Story (1983)

Like I wrote in the previous entry, bad neighbors usually come with dogs, and nothing is truer of the Parkers’ hillbilly neighbors the Bumpuses. They actually owned 785 smelly hound dogs that apparently ignored every other human being on earth other than Mr. Parker (Darren McGavin). They attack the poor man every day when he comes home from work. Where are these damn hillbillies anyway? Do they really not care that their awful dogs are physically assaulting another person? The worst comes on Christmas morning as the dogs come crashing in at just the mere smell of turkey. So basically you can’t have a decent meal with your family if you live next door to these fools because their dogs will literally crash the party. The only good thing that came out of this disaster was that the Parkers were introduced to Chinese turkey. I really have to give Mr. Parker credit on the way he dealt with his neighbors. He never confronted them or called the cops. He just yelled, “Son of bitches! Bumpuses!” and close the door on one of the dog’s ears. If those dogs had attacked me, destroyed my house and the Bumpuses made no attempt to fix it, well I would have grabbed Ralphie’s Red Rider BB gun and started picking off the smelly hounds one by one.

http://www.scene-stealers.com/top-10/top-1...ovie-neighbors/

I'm lighting up a Winston. Aahhhh, how sweet it is...full, rich, tobacco taste...mmm...