"A Christmas Story" fans....

EndZoneCrew

To the O.P's question, interestingly, I can't find any link to the original script. Usually, I have no problem finding full scripts of any movie/show.

I did dig this little mountian of trivia up, though I can't vouch for it's authenticity:

The movie is set in fictional Hohman, Indiana, based on Hammond, Indiana, where writer Jean Shepherd grew up. Local references in the film include Goldblatt's department store, Warren G. Harding Elementary School, Cleveland Street (where Shepherd spent his childhood years), and a mention of nearby Griffith, Indiana.

The school scenes were shot at the Victoria School in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada. The school was sold to developers in 2005 and has been remodeled into a women's shelter. The Christmas tree purchasing scene was filmed in Toronto, Ontario, as it was the only location that still used red PCC streetcars - in fact, TTC streetcars can be seen during the scene. Ralphie beating up the neighbourhood bully was also filmed in Toronto, as was the soundstage filming of interior shots of the Parker home. The St. Catharine's Museum owns some props used in the film, including two pairs of Ralphie's glasses (one of which is the smashed pair), and two scripts.

Director Bob Clark reportedly sent location scouts to twenty cities before selecting Cleveland, Ohio, as the principal site for filming. Higbee's department store in downtown Cleveland was the stage for three scenes in A Christmas Story. The first is the opening scene in which Ralphie first spies the Red Ryder BB Gun. The second is the parade scene, filmed just outside Higbee’s, on Public Square, at 3 AM. The final scene is Ralphie and Randy’s visit to see Santa which was filmed inside Higbee’s. Higbee’s kept the Santa slide that was made for the movie and used it for several years after the movie’s release. Higbee's was known for decades as a cornerstone of Public Square, as well as for its elaborate child-centered Christmas themes and decorations (e.g. the Twigbee Shop ), with Santa as the centerpiece, until the store, which became Dillard's in 1992, closed for good in 2002. Higbee's was exclusive to Northeast Ohio -- there were no Higbee's stores in Shepherd's hometown. As such, he was most likely referring to Goldblatts in downtown Hammond (with the Cam-Lan Chinese Restaurant three doors down on Sibley Ave.)

The exterior shots of the house and neighborhood where Ralphie lived were filmed in the Tremont section of Cleveland's West Side. The house used as the Parker home in these scenes has been restored, reconfigured inside to match the soundstage interiors, and opened to the public as A Christmas Story House. The "...only I didn't say fudge" scene was filmed just down the street from the house.

Hope that helped and "be careful not to shoot your eye out".smile.gif

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/movies/32377-christmas-story.html#ixzz0Yeg0PQNt

To the O.P's question, interestingly, I can't find any link to the original script. Usually, I have no problem finding full scripts of any movie/show.

I did dig this little mountian of trivia up, though I can't vouch for it's authenticity:

The movie is set in fictional Hohman, Indiana, based on Hammond, Indiana, where writer Jean Shepherd grew up. Local references in the film include Goldblatt's department store, Warren G. Harding Elementary School, Cleveland Street (where Shepherd spent his childhood years), and a mention of nearby Griffith, Indiana.

The school scenes were shot at the Victoria School in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada. The school was sold to developers in 2005 and has been remodeled into a women's shelter. The Christmas tree purchasing scene was filmed in Toronto, Ontario, as it was the only location that still used red PCC streetcars - in fact, TTC streetcars can be seen during the scene. Ralphie beating up the neighbourhood bully was also filmed in Toronto, as was the soundstage filming of interior shots of the Parker home. The St. Catharine's Museum owns some props used in the film, including two pairs of Ralphie's glasses (one of which is the smashed pair), and two scripts.

Director Bob Clark reportedly sent location scouts to twenty cities before selecting Cleveland, Ohio, as the principal site for filming. Higbee's department store in downtown Cleveland was the stage for three scenes in A Christmas Story. The first is the opening scene in which Ralphie first spies the Red Ryder BB Gun. The second is the parade scene, filmed just outside Higbee’s, on Public Square, at 3 AM. The final scene is Ralphie and Randy’s visit to see Santa which was filmed inside Higbee’s. Higbee’s kept the Santa slide that was made for the movie and used it for several years after the movie’s release. Higbee's was known for decades as a cornerstone of Public Square, as well as for its elaborate child-centered Christmas themes and decorations (e.g. the Twigbee Shop ), with Santa as the centerpiece, until the store, which became Dillard's in 1992, closed for good in 2002. Higbee's was exclusive to Northeast Ohio -- there were no Higbee's stores in Shepherd's hometown. As such, he was most likely referring to Goldblatts in downtown Hammond (with the Cam-Lan Chinese Restaurant three doors down on Sibley Ave.)

The exterior shots of the house and neighborhood where Ralphie lived were filmed in the Tremont section of Cleveland's West Side. The house used as the Parker home in these scenes has been restored, reconfigured inside to match the soundstage interiors, and opened to the public as A Christmas Story House. The "...only I didn't say fudge" scene was filmed just down the street from the house.

Hope that helped and "be careful not to shoot your eye out".smile.gif

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/movies/32377-christmas-story.html#ixzz0Yeg0PQNt

Jean Shepherd was a consummate Sox fan!

A Christmas Story was based on many of the short stories that came from Sheperd's work:

In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash

In it there are references to many of the parts that I call home here in NE IL/NW IN... "Illiana"

:thumbsup::P

Funny stuff about Indiana life back in the day and the taxman... They would come walking down the street, knock on each door and assess the owner on tthe "luxury's" they had... Say a washing machine... And you think we have it bad now!

"The taxman come to the door, the house be looking like a rummage sale."