What about Chris Ellis?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Alvin Bowen?

He got hurt last year, any chance he can have any impact this year?

What about Derek Fine?

He got hurt last year, any chance he can have any impact this year?

There are lot of questions from last year's roster that carry over to this year still unanswered. I think this past weekend showed us the Bills coaching staff belives the answer to the Ellis and Bowen questions are that they believe these guys will be able to make an impact this year. More so, it seems the coaching staff wasn't blowing smoke when they said they had confidence in Walker, Butler, Bell and Chambers.

Hey there folks. First off, any of you all live in the Philly area? Let me know.

Disagree on members points that just because folks got hurt it makes a draft year a bust. Chris Ellis, Alvin Bowen and Derek Fine will be solid players. Of the draftees that were injured, I think Alvin Bowen will become the best of the bunch. I did not like what I saw of Hardy when he played. He could not catch a cold. That was a shame because Trent tried to instill confidence by throwing the ball to Hardy's way so much. I can see Alvin Bowen winning the starting OLB opposite Kavika.

These last three drafts have been all very solid. We have loaded up on a stock pile of players. Whether we want to agree or not, the true vice of the Bills organization this decade has been our inability to close the deal in very close ballgames.

Hey there folks. First off, any of you all live in the Philly area? Let me know.

Disagree on members points that just because folks got hurt it makes a draft year a bust. Chris Ellis, Alvin Bowen and Derek Fine will be solid players. Of the draftees that were injured, I think Alvin Bowen will become the best of the bunch. I did not like what I saw of Hardy when he played. He could not catch a cold. That was a shame because Trent tried to instill confidence by throwing the ball to Hardy's way so much. I can see Alvin Bowen winning the starting OLB opposite Kavika.

These last three drafts have been all very solid. We have loaded up on a stock pile of players. Whether we want to agree or not, the true vice of the Bills organization this decade has been our inability to close the deal in very close ballgames.

I disagree about Hardy. A lot of receivers, especially big ones, don't hit their stride until year 3. I don't know how you arrive at the opinion on Bowen. IIRC he didn't even play one pre-season game. He had a torn ligament and may be able to come back 100% from that and may be a very good LB but I don't see how anyone can make an educated guess on him right now. JMO

I'm concerned that on a team who lost its best DE for most of the season, that Ellis couldn't even have a couple of shining moments. Instead he didn't even dress for the majority of the games. I expect a little more out of a 3rd round pick who played in major college football conference.

I'm concerned that on a team who lost its best DE for most of the season, that Ellis couldn't even have a couple of shining moments. Instead he didn't even dress for the majority of the games. I expect a little more out of a 3rd round pick who played in major college football conference.

I have heard Modrak say that Chris Ellis really needs to step his game up this year. I believe that some questioned his work ethic coming into the draft.

I have heard Modrak say that Chris Ellis really needs to step his game up this year. I believe that some questioned his work ethic coming into the draft.

I am pretty sure it was Steve Young during Saturday's draft coverage who was talking about drafting players who have a passion for the game of football.

Maybe the light will click on for Ellis this summer(lets hope so), but it sounds like he may be one of the guys who doesn't have the "passion".

I am pretty sure it was Steve Young during Saturday's draft coverage who was talking about drafting players who have a passion for the game of football.

Maybe the light will click on for Ellis this summer(lets hope so), but it sounds like he may be one of the guys who doesn't have the "passion".

I thought that was great insight from Steve Young. Never really thought about the guys who love the game vs. those who just view it as a job.

I'm optimistic that those guys will come back healthy, and it will be like adding an extra 3 players to this year's draft. Plus, Schobel's coming back, and he was probably missed more than anybody.

There is a reason they drafted Ellis, and if you read his profile, you will see that the Bills were not alone in assessing his talents.

I personally believe a new DL coach will make a huge difference with Ellis and especially McCargo.

I'm optimistic that those guys will come back healthy, and it will be like adding an extra 3 players to this year's draft. Plus, Schobel's coming back, and he was probably missed more than anybody.

There is a reason they drafted Ellis, and if you read his profile, you will see that the Bills were not alone in assessing his talents.

I personally believe a new DL coach will make a huge difference with Ellis and especially McCargo.

Maybe the Bills can discuss the Mike Williams story with them. Don't let this happen to you! (and us)

No because if a rookie doesn't contribute a lot, he is a bust. Him and Hardy suck and will never see the playing field ever again.

:thumbsup:

I get your sarcasm. However, despite the fact neither one of them suck, they do have perfectionist coaches that won't let them see the playing field, despite their athletic talents, if they make one damn mistake. I love the way Buffalo coaches put the rookies on IR despite the fact they might be ready to play again before the season is over. It's like they are saying; "whew, at least we don't have to play that kid this year with all those mistakes he'll make!".

If DJ has any fantasies about extending his time here, if the Bills have any fantasies about making the playoffs during their one rental year with T.O., they had better simplify their damn playbooks to accomodate the talents and athletic abilities of all of these rookies and second and third year players they have had locked to the bench!!

I was wondering about Ellis also. He was drafted fairly high and we have heard precious little about his recovery etc. I really hope he is fully healed and starts contributing on the DL.

IIRC, he wasn't hurt, he just didn't have NFL-level strength. We'll see what an off-season weight training program does for him soon enough...

I agree with you except for guys that have a long history of injuries. I wouldn't have drafted Ellis last year because of injury concerns. If a team drafts them and they get injured he's a bust IMO by the FO and not so much by the player. He finished the season on the injury list. If that was for a legitimate injury or just to make room for another roster spot I don't know. Either way it doesn't bode well.