Best and worst drafts so far?

JM57

Aside from the Bills, who in my opinion, had a very solid draft, what other teams do you think picked well this weekend?

I have to say my other favorites are Cincinnati and Houston.

Andre Smith is a huge risk at #6 but if they can light a fire under him, he's a legit mauler. They also nabbed Maualuga, Michael Johnson, Chase Coffman and Jonathan Luigs. Solid draft right there.

Houston got Cushing, Connor Barwin, Antoine Caldwell, James Casey and Anthony Hill, which got this comparison from NFLDraftScout:

Compares To: JASON PETERS, Philadelphia -- While this might seem a strange comparison, with added bulk Hill can become a quality offensive linemen. Peters was a tight end during part of his Arkansas playing days and developed into a quality tackle. As a tight end, Hill is strictly a short-area receiver and an extra offensive lineman. Move him to the front of the dining table, beef him up and you might end up with much better value for a mid-round draft pick.

...I highly doubt he becomes Jason Peters. He's 6'5, 265 right now. But at the very least he provides an extra blocker for them in goal line situations who can either play tackle-eligible OR as a blocking TE when they need some extra muscle.

Aside from the Bills, who in my opinion, had a very solid draft, what other teams do you think picked well this weekend?

Andre Smith is a huge risk at #6 but if they can light a fire under him, he's a legit mauler. They also nabbed Maualuga, Michael Johnson, Chase Coffman and Jonathan Luigs. Solid draft right there.

Houston got Cushing, Connor Barwin, Antoine Caldwell, James Casey and Anthony Hill, which got this comparison from NFLDraftScout:

Compares To: JASON PETERS, Philadelphia -- While this might seem a strange comparison, with added bulk Hill can become a quality offensive linemen. Peters was a tight end during part of his Arkansas playing days and developed into a quality tackle. As a tight end, Hill is strictly a short-area receiver and an extra offensive lineman. Move him to the front of the dining table, beef him up and you might end up with much better value for a mid-round draft pick.

...I highly doubt he becomes Jason Peters. He's 6'5, 265 right now. But at the very least he provides an extra blocker for them in goal line situations who can either play tackle-eligible OR as a blocking TE when they need some extra muscle.

I think we'll look back on the Jets' draft and laugh, uncontrollably.

Houston is my sleeper pick for the superbowl next year. They are putting together a nice team

Yeah once they got Casserly out of town and Kubiak in as a head coach things started to come together for them. I wouldn't say Super Bowl. It will be tough for them to make the playoffs with those 4 games against Indy and Tennessee.....but they're definitely headed in the right direction.

I liked Houston's and I know this sounds crazy, I really liked the Bengals. The Bengals got great "value" with their picks. They got a future top 5 LT (Andre Smith); Rey M in the 2nd is awesome and he will get to play with a former LB teammate; Michael Johnson in the 3rd is amazing because he has top 5 talent and this may light a fire under him; Coffman is the best receiving TE; and Lugis could be a starting C in a few years. A lot of really good picks.

Houston is my sleeper pick for the superbowl next year. They are putting together a nice team

Last week in Vegas,I got Texans @ 28-1 to win it all. Before this draft ;)

Took the Saints @ 18-1 for the NFC team :lol:

As you said Smith is a boom or bust pick. I didn't want the Bills to take him if he was at #11. I think there's a good chance he'll be their Mike Williams. As for Cushing, if he doesn't miss at least five games due to injury this year I'll be very surprised.

I think we'll look back on the Jets' draft and laugh, uncontrollably.

I forget where I read this but it was pointed out that quarterbacks who come out as juniors have a very high bust rate. I think Sanchez has "Bust" written all over him. If the Jests don't sit him for a year before starting him the bust chances multiply quickly!!!

Oak just took steps toward being #1. #1 overall pick next year that is

Al Davis has gone senile. Passing on Crabtree was mystifying.

Buffalo - worst.

PUNCH!!!

Worst-Oakland by a landslide, best I like Seattle with more picks next year. How come the Bills can never trade down and stockpile picks like friggin NE does every single year.

I agree. The Pets* have the best drafting strategy of all the teams. They always seem to have at least two first round picks in every draft as well as compensation picks. They don't sign a lot of free agents and build through the draft. Every team could learn from their strategy. Baltimore also does very well by building their team through the draft too. They always get a slew of compensation picks. Once Buffalo builds a playoff team I hope they go to that strategy.

I liked Houston's and I know this sounds crazy, I really liked the Bengals. The Bengals got great "value" with their picks. They got a future top 5 LT (Andre Smith); Rey M in the 2nd is awesome and he will get to play with a former LB teammate; Michael Johnson in the 3rd is amazing because he has top 5 talent and this may light a fire under him; Coffman is the best receiving TE; and Lugis could be a starting C in a few years. A lot of really good picks.

The problem with the Bungles draft is that they spent a very high first and third on players with questionable desire to play. Also Michael Johnson is a huge injury risk IMO. They may be crying about this draft in a couple of years.

Last week in Vegas,I got Texans @ 28-1 to win it all. Before this draft :thumbsup:

Took the Saints @ 18-1 for the NFC team <_<

What! No Bills!! :worthy: