Official Draft Thread

Every OU game I saw, this guy was everywhere. Love the pick. He's a football player. You can teach technique and you can train the body... but either you have instinct or you don't. I think Harris does, in spades.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What has made him a hell of a football player? Just curious. What do you see that most people on here don't? Whitner has been dissapointing for an 8th overall pick.

I gotta agree...tell us what makes him a hell of a football player. He was moved around a lot, but a hell of a footballl player should have been able to put up some damn good stats.

Some early names for Round 6:

(again, some may have already been picked---let me know)

Michael Bennett DE43 Texas A&M

Vance Walker DT43 Georgia Tech

Aaron Kelly WRP Clemson

Jaimie Thomas OG Maryland

Quan Cosby WRF Texas

Jonathan Casillas OLB43 Wisconsin

Andrew Gardner OT Georgia Tech

Zack Follett OLB43 California

I'd be happy with Mitch King - DE - Iowa. Ferentz says he's better than Babineaux or Kampman were.

I gotta agree...tell us what makes him a hell of a football player. He was moved around a lot, but a hell of a footballl player should have been able to put up some damn good stats.

Do you actually watch the games or are you one of those keyboard warriors who looks at a stat sheet and spews nonsense on boards like this one? :thumbsup: Whitner's tackle numbers are lower than they could be because he changes the direction of plays, forcing guys to make a cut and lose good running lanes. He has had to play nickel, FS and SS and we consistently move him up to the line to compensate for our weak D-line. Give him one year with a decent cast around him and watch his numbers. I'm sick and tired of hearing he was a reach at 8. He was the player we wanted, he moves around to whatever spot we need him in and he understands the concept of team defense. If he forces an inside run to the outside and someone else makes a tackle, guys like you aren't going to give him credit for doing his job, all you look at is the stat sheet at the end of the game.

Do you actually watch the games or are you one of those keyboard warriors who looks at a stat sheet and spews nonsense on boards like this one? :thumbsup: Whitner's tackle numbers are lower than they could be because he changes the direction of plays, forcing guys to make a cut and lose good running lanes. He has had to play nickel, FS and SS and we consistently move him up to the line to compensate for our weak D-line. Give him one year with a decent cast around him and watch his numbers. I'm sick and tired of hearing he was a reach at 8. He was the player we wanted, he moves around to whatever spot we need him in and he understands the concept of team defense. If he forces an inside run to the outside and someone else makes a tackle, guys like you aren't going to give him credit for doing his job, all you look at is the stat sheet at the end of the game.

I watch every game. He's been out of position a lot. He was a reach at 8, plain and simple. Is he serviceable? Yes, without a doubt. Is he elite enough to be a number 8 pick? No way in hell.

You said he was a hell of a football player. I call him an above average backup with flashes of glory. I'm so sorry your sick and tired of hearing the truth.

edited to add: I watch every game I can, though I do miss a few.

I'm not in the war room, so I can't tell you anything more than my personal opinion. That opinion stands on him being trade bait or released before September.

Getting near the pick now...

Michael Bennett DE43 Texas A&M

Vance Walker DT43 Georgia Tech

Aaron Kelly WRP Clemson

Jaimie Thomas OG Maryland

Quan Cosby WRF Texas

Jonathan Casillas OLB43 Wisconsin

Andrew Gardner OT Georgia Tech

Zack Follett OLB43 California