OT - Funniest stories of getting dumped...

After being uncerimoniusly and drunkenly dumped tonight I would love to hear some other TBDrs stories of being dumped.

There was a song that breaking up is hard to do......well in this instance.....they were wrong...its sometimes real easy....

The biggest thing that got me was the venom she threw at me. That hurt.

So please give me some funny things that happened to my breatheren TBDrs to make me feel like this happens to all of us and not just me.

Mark in Cocoa Beach soon to be back in Buffalo

I was going steady with a girl I worked with at Sears (I was stockroom, she was children's dept.) in my senior year of high school and through the summer after graduation. Her father had died a few years earlier in a house fire. I went to college out of town and we kept the relationship going long distance (being the naive youth I was). I had met a girl at college my first couple weeks there, and we really liked each other, but I told her I still had a girlfriend back home I cared about so we stopped hanging out with each other. A couple months later I got the "Dear John" letter. She had started going out with the guy at Sears who was hired to replace me, and who I had trained. It turned out that her mother had died from a heart attack and she and her two sisters were now without both parents, and she needed a shoulder to cry on. I met with her one last time to try to get her back, but it was too late. And by that time the girl I had met at college was going out with someone else. It still hurts when I think about it all these years later.

I was going steady with a girl I worked with at Sears (I was stockroom, she was children's dept.) in my senior year of high school and through the summer after graduation.  Her father had died a few years earlier in a house fire.  I went to college out of town and we kept the relationship going long distance (being the naive youth I was).  I had met a girl at college my first couple weeks there, and we really liked each other, but I told her I still had a girlfriend back home I cared about so we stopped hanging out with each other.  A couple months later I got the "Dear John" letter.  She had started going out with the guy at Sears who was hired to replace me, and who I had trained.  It turned out that her mother had died from a heart attack and she and her two sisters were now without both parents, and she needed a shoulder to cry on.  I met with her one last time to try to get her back, but it was too late.  And by that time the girl I had met at college was going out with someone else.  It still hurts when I think about it all these years later.

101061[/snapback]

Ouch, that hurts, but the good news, 24 years later, he is still a stock boy at Sears, and after 4 kids and 69 pounds, she was promoted to Womans wear at Sears.

was she good in bed??????

Who used a bed in high school? We still had drive-in movies back then.

I've never seen her again, and along with some other girlfriends has always wondered how she turned out and what she looks like now. Has anyone had the experience of meeting an old girlfriend 10-20 years after last seeing her?

No funny stories here.

I've been dumped 3 times in my life. The first one died in Viet Nam, the 2nd fell in love with someone at work and the 3rd just stopped calling after I blasted him for drinking too much and going through my underwear drawers :w00t: .

Depending on how long and strong your relationship was, it will hurt and will eat away at your confidence for a while.

Visit this board often - it can be very theraputic, get involved in some crazy threads and learn to laugh at yourself. That'll help the pain get easier.

All right, you want a funny one....

Senior year of college, spring break. My fraternity gets a group deal to Cancun. I'm dating a girl (we'll call her Jill) at the time whose sorority gets the same deal to Cancun. We discuss and basically say that we're in college, lets go to spring break with no commitments to each other, have fun and see what happens. I'm there with about 20 guys and we have 5 rooms next to each other. So our room is on the first floor, near the pool at the Oasis. We have a little deck, that we used to play drinking games on.

All right, first nite we all go out to Senor Frogs and get loaded (Gee there's a suprise). We happen to meet some nice looking sorority girls from Iowa, and we're all walking down the beach at 4 AM. People are basically pairing off and I end up back at my room with girl. We start going at it on the bed, butt naked by this point, and the door to the room opens. In walks Jill, completely bombed and trying to make a booty call herself, and says, honey how could you, I thought we had something going. Well the girl from Iowa that I was screwing basically grabbed her clothes and tore outta there, eyes as big as saucers, after calling me an !@#$.

It comes to find out that Jill was just horney and wanted a little something for herself, and didn't want to wait. She said she saw my naked ass bouncing up and down and didn't want me to finish. I gladly obliged her, of course. Well, Jill turned out to be a little nuts and tried to pull the same stevestojan the next nite. It didn't work as I just hooked up on the beach. My fraternity brothers said she was loaded and came back to our room about 5 am and waited for me till I came back from crashing out on the beach till 8 am.

Well, Jill was pissed and we had a little chat. She said she didn't want to do the open thing in Cancun anymore. I said I'm in Cancun on spring break and I'm going to have fun. She then proceeds to launch a bottle of tequila at me, I duck and it goes through the window of our place (I told you she was a little nuts). Well security comes over and I have to now pay for the window. Didn't speak to Jill the rest of the week.

When I got back to college, she tried to act as if nothing happened, but we ended up as 4 AM hook up buddies the rest of the semester. I guess the bottom line there is not to bring a book to library, but it was a pretty fun week, and trust me, there are plenty of other girls out there, to let one who broke up with you get you down.

I was dating a girl here in Nashville for a few weeks during football season....well, I had a hockey tournament that was pretty competitive and in the game I was playing D and ended up getting a little physical....it was the championship and all...well this girl proceeds to tell me after that I am an ahole in hockey and too rough and she couldn't believe I'd just knock someone down, etc (it is non checking but he had a clear shot at the net....it's not my fault someone has no balance....no penalty either).....well I'm sitting there thinking this isn't going so well and then she lays into me for being "physcho" during Bills games.....that was our last date so I don't know if she dumped me but after that I started dating transplanted Northerners.....

I had a B word empty out my savings account and then dump me. I got her back though... when she was at work I went to her house and pepper sprayed everything. The door handles, the toilet seat, her pillows and clothes. That night she went out partying and got home late. Imagine her surprise when she started to get a burning sensation. She called all my friends at 3am trying to track me down. Boy was she pissed. :w00t:

I went to this Oyster festival once with a buddy of mine. Neither one of us had steady girlfriends at the time. After a day of downing many adult beverages, we met this redheaded chick and the three of us ended up partying into the night on her father's boat. My buddy had designs on her but she was digging me, so she and I ended up messing around that night. The next morning she made us these killer sandwiches. Anyway, she gave us her number but I wasn't interested in anything more than a hookup, so my buddy started going out with her for a while. She started getting serious but he "wasn't in that place."

One night they were going at it on his couch and he says to her in mid...er..."bangage": "I don't think we should see each other any more." Talk about coitus interuptus! Apparently, she took it well (but I have my doubts) and they kept in touch for a little while.

Moral of the story: No matter how bad you think you were dumped, somebody's got it worse.

(Hang in there, dude...it will get better :w00t: )

A buddy of mine came home one day and his wife was packing all her stuff. When he asked her what was going on she said she was leaving because she just found out he was a pedophile. He said "pedophile?... Thats a pretty big word for a 12 year old." <_<

Who used a bed in high school? We still had drive-in movies back then.

I've never seen her again, and along with some other girlfriends has always wondered how she turned out and what she looks like now.  Has anyone had the experience of meeting an old girlfriend 10-20 years after last seeing her?

101085[/snapback]

High school reunions. Met quite a few there. <_<

I was dating a girl here in Nashville for a few weeks during football season....well, I had a hockey tournament that was pretty competitive and in the game I was playing D and ended up getting a little physical....it was the championship and all...well this girl proceeds to tell me after that I am an ahole in hockey and too rough and she couldn't believe I'd just knock someone down, etc (it is non checking but he had a clear shot at the net....it's not my fault someone has no balance....no penalty either).....well I'm sitting there thinking this isn't going so well and then she lays into me for being "physcho" during Bills games.....that was our last date so I don't know if she dumped me but after that I started dating transplanted Northerners.....

101311[/snapback]

It sounds like she didn't like you for some other reason and used the hockey thing as an excuse.

Northern girls suck, I need a transplanted southerner.

Not a breakup, but something after a breakup. My girlfriend decided to start seeing this other guy exclusively, but we still stayed friends (she even hooked me up with a friend of hers). While we were dating, we put her cars registration and insurance in my name to save money on insurance (DWI on her record). The agreement was she would give me the money each month for her part of the insurance. We continued this after we stopped dating each other. Well, Christmas is coming, and we had been just friends for about 8-9 months. We had a mutual friend that invited both of us to her Holiday Party. Well Susan, real name, decides that she wouldn't want me there because she had started dating another guy recently and would feel akward. I refused to not go, so she calls up the person throwing the party and gets me "uninvited". Her car just happened to be coming up on the 1 year reneal point. (Can you see where this is going?) So I decided to take her car off my insurance, but in order to do that, I've got to turn in the plates and end the registration (title was still in her name). So at 3am one morning I drove over to her place, and removed the plates from her car. 8am, I'm at the DMV as soon as they open and turn in the plates to get the registration cancel form for the insurance company. 9am I'm at the insurance agent cancelling the insurance on her car. She did try calling me that evening, but I refused to take her call.

Ahhh.... good times.....

Dated a girl for about 3 years. She left me for a girl. I could get more into detail, but telling that much hurts. To think I was so bad she gave up on a whole gender because of me.

Damn I must suck in bed.

:unsure:

Dated a girl for about 3 years.  She left me for a girl.  I could get more into detail, but telling that much hurts.  To think I was so bad she gave up on a whole gender because of me. 

Damn I must suck in bed. 

:unsure:

102116[/snapback]

Is your name George Costanza?

Not a breakup, but something after a breakup. My girlfriend decided to start seeing this other guy exclusively, but we still stayed friends (she even hooked me up with a friend of hers). While we were dating, we put her cars registration and insurance in my name to save money on insurance (DWI on her record). The agreement was she would give me the money each month for her part of the insurance. We continued this after we stopped dating each other. Well, Christmas is coming, and we had been just friends for about 8-9 months. We had a mutual friend that invited both of us to her Holiday Party. Well Susan, real name, decides that she wouldn't want me there because she had started dating another guy recently and would feel akward. I refused to not go, so she calls up the person throwing the party and gets me "uninvited". Her car just happened to be coming up on the 1 year reneal point. (Can you see where this is going?) So I decided to take her car off my insurance, but in order to do that, I've got to turn in the plates and end the registration (title was still in her name). So at 3am one morning I drove over to her place, and removed the plates from her car. 8am, I'm at the DMV as soon as they open and turn in the plates to get the registration cancel form for the insurance company. 9am I'm at the insurance agent cancelling the insurance on her car. She did try calling me that evening, but I refused to take her call.

Ahhh.... good times.....

102096[/snapback]

Awesome.

Ahhh.... good times.....

102096[/snapback]

Now THAT's a story!! :unsure::D

Not super funny but here's what I got:

One girl I dated for a few months in college. She used to go out with an upperclassman acquaintance of mine, but the next year he took off for Grad school and one night me & "J" hooked up. Thought things were going pretty well for a few months, then I got the damnedest christmas card while I was back in WNY visiting the folks. It said "Christmas is like sex: in the end you !@#$ing pay for it!" Well it's been 20 yrs and I still have no idea WTF that meant. ;) Bu I did make a hurried trip to the Doc just to make sure it didn't mean you know what! :D (It didn't!) ;)

Anyhow, J blew me off a few weeks after that and headed up north to reunite with her ex- (same grad school) who later cheated on her with an array of bimbos and generally treated her like crap. I was pissed for a while then consoled myself all summer with a baaaarely legal chica... :wacko:

Another girl, (also a "J" -- coincidence or spooky -- you decide!) I was dating for over a year when she went on vacation for a few weeks and left me the keys to her room. The housing dept. suddenly decided to revamp her building so I had like 24 hours to move all her crap somewhere safe, and otherwise prepare for the whole rehabilitation/repainting process. Which I did by pulling a really nasty all-nighter. And then repeated the whole process in reverse a week later when housing finished the remodel, plus clean, vacuum and organize all her crap. So J2 gets back from her vacation to a nice, spanking new, clean, freshly painted, organized room. And repays me a few weeks later by dumping me for some musclebound artistic physicist dude who was supposedly a friend of mine. Or at least a FOAF. Who she'd insisted she wasn't interested in. Whatever. I felt like a friggin' idiot for wasting my time and energy like that and being pretty irate I gave her a good talking to which basically boiled down to "you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas" and then I crawled into a bottle of Jack and played "Eve" like 1,000 times.

Upshot of this one is that a year later she dumped muscle-boy and a few months after that he ate a bottle of cyanide. No foolin'. J2 eventually married yet another former friend of mine, divorced him, and basically disappeared into the ether.

Me? Happily married 7 years with a great wife and an awesome kid. So something better will definitely turn up for you! And until then...there's always Mr. Daniels... :P

no really funny stuff, most i can say is that i got dumped on valentine's day by a girl that had some money, and her excuse was that she couldn't afford a gift. I talked to one of my old buddies a week later and he was going out with her and she bought him a whole bunch of crap.