SRIRACHA!

bartshan-83

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i always thought that Mexicans were the kings of spicy foods until i started dating my asian girlfriend.

her mom got me hooked on these ramen noodles fom Korea that they sell at the asian supermarket. they dont have a meat flavor listed on them, just flames on the packaging. they are amazing, or as i say "amasian"

I'm not a fan, but I know many are. It simply isn't anywhere near hot enough for me, and it is also sweet, which I do not like in a hot sauce.

In Chinese restaurants, I ask for the chili oil (or sometimes they call it "chili sauce") which is simply crushed red peppers in oil. The cooks use it.

In a Thai restaurant I order the dishes "extra Thai hot", and if it isn't hot enough, I ask for more thai chilies to add to the dish.

If you say this stuff ain't hot enough, you're lyin' I don't know what hot sauce you are referring to but this stuff is blistering hot and not sweet at all. I have a cast iron gullet and this sauce is about as hot as I can stand. It used to be pretty hard to find but lately I've been seeing it in mainstream supermarkets.

PTR

I'm with you Promo, I love hot sauces, and feel I have a pretty high tolerance for some of the hotter ones, and I find Rooster Sauce very hot...there have been times I couldnt shake it for a very long time...this stuff has it all, heat and flavor

If you say this stuff ain't hot enough, you're lyin' I don't know what hot sauce you are referring to but this stuff is blistering hot and not sweet at all. I have a cast iron gullet and this sauce is about as hot as I can stand. It used to be pretty hard to find but lately I've been seeing it in mainstream supermarkets.

PTR

PTR

I'm with you Promo, I love hot sauces, and feel I have a pretty high tolerance for some of the hotter ones, and I find Rooster Sauce very hot...there have been times I couldnt shake it for a very long time...this stuff has it all, heat and flavor

Same here. I'm a pepper nut, including habaneros, and I don't think you can objectively say that Sriracha isn't hot. And I don't taste much (if any) sweetness. It's basically liquefied chilis with a few other seasonings thrown in.

I had never tasted this stuff till I read this thread. I went and bought some this morning and had it on my eggs. Very good :thumbsup: . Tapatio is my go to,but I'm gonna add this stuff to the rotation. EXCELLENT on eggs. I'm not big on Asian food but this stuff is good.

Does anyone else love this incredible Asian hot sauce like I do? For years I've been trying to convince people how great it is but I'm usually met with a lukewarm response. Then yesterday I was eating out and I asked the waitress if they had any and she launched into this whole thing about how incredible it is and how she puts it on everything.

I mean, I'll slop it on sushi, rice, eggs, pizza, chicken, sandwiches, styrofoam, etc. It's off the chains.

(For those who don't even know what I'm rambling about....I mean this stuff)

Well...based on your recommendation, and since you are one of the few here that hasn't insulted, poked, swore at, ridiculed, or otherwise abused my innate good nature through the years...I'll look for it (I wrote it down).

First, to those who say it ain't hot...I gotta disagree. Promo, Matty, Pooj....they've all said it better than I can. I don't think it's a 10 out of 10, but I challenge anyone to take a dime-sized squirt of this stuff straight up and say they don't feel any hotness.

There are several different flavors besides the original (with the green cap). Perhaps you've tried one of the other ones. Or perhaps you have tongues of asbestos and stomachs of iron.

I had never tasted this stuff till I read this thread. I went and bought some this morning and had it on my eggs. Very good :thumbsup: . Tapatio is my go to,but I'm gonna add this stuff to the rotation. EXCELLENT on eggs. I'm not big on Asian food but this stuff is good.

Nice! Another convert to the Church of the Thai Rooster. I'm glad you liked it! I'll echo Poojer in that I've yet to really find a food that it doesn't improve.

It's excellent for day-old pizza. I feel like sometimes when you reheat old pizza, it completely loses its flavor. A little Sriracha magic does the trick. :thumbsup:

Well...based on your recommendation, and since you are one of the few here that hasn't insulted, poked, swore at, ridiculed, or otherwise abused my innate good nature through the years...I'll look for it (I wrote it down).

:lol: Man all those times I bit my tongue have paid off!

I kid...I appreciate that, Cincy...I hope you enjoy it!

Does anyone else love this incredible Asian hot sauce like I do? For years I've been trying to convince people how great it is but I'm usually met with a lukewarm response. Then yesterday I was eating out and I asked the waitress if they had any and she launched into this whole thing about how incredible it is and how she puts it on everything.

I mean, I'll slop it on sushi, rice, eggs, pizza, chicken, sandwiches, styrofoam, etc. It's off the chains.

(For those who don't even know what I'm rambling about....I mean this stuff)

It is the greatest. I put it on everything. :thumbsup:

BTW, if you are truly a fan....ya gotta call it 'Rooster Sauce' or if you are comfortable in your manhood... 'rooster Sauce'...I asked for Siracha once at a restaurant and they didn't have it....i asked for Rooster Sauce and all of a sudden, they knew what i was talking about

Woah...I found someone who puts my devotion to shame:

Ink

:thumbsup:

BTW, if you are truly a fan....ya gotta call it 'Rooster Sauce' or if you are comfortable in your manhood... 'rooster Sauce'...I asked for Siracha once at a restaurant and they didn't have it....i asked for Rooster Sauce and all of a sudden, they knew what i was talking about

I was born in the year of the rooster. Naturally. :thumbsup:

And we use something called Sambal Oelek, also made by Huy Fong foods, which we like.

First, to those who say it ain't hot...I gotta disagree. Promo, Matty, Pooj....they've all said it better than I can. I don't think it's a 10 out of 10, but I challenge anyone to take a dime-sized squirt of this stuff straight up and say they don't feel any hotness.

There are several different flavors besides the original (with the green cap). Perhaps you've tried one of the other ones. Or perhaps you have tongues of asbestos and stomachs of iron.

Nice! Another convert to the Church of the Thai Rooster. I'm glad you liked it! I'll echo Poojer in that I've yet to really find a food that it doesn't improve.

It's excellent for day-old pizza. I feel like sometimes when you reheat old pizza, it completely loses its flavor. A little Sriracha magic does the trick. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Man all those times I bit my tongue have paid off!

I kid...I appreciate that, Cincy...I hope you enjoy it!

The Rooster brand (what ever it is called) is a little hotter than some of the others, but does contain added sugar. I've never been crazy about the taste. Some others (Shark for one) I think taste a little better, but have less heat. I went to a Thai place in Jacksonville- and I think they make their own. It was very good, and with a decent kick (but still below what I am looking for when I want my hot). Shark, with some cut up fresh thai chilies added, would be excellent.

Like I said, not really for me, and not in the heat level I look for, when I use a hot sauce. I'm a freak show, I understand that. I like to hallucinate, a little from the heat, blow my nose many times to clear it. If I get the hiccups then, I know it's a little too hot. Actually right before hiccups is the sweet spot, for me.

BTW, not to attempt to hijack this thread, in any way, another hot sauce you gentlehumans might like, is Melinda's. It is made in Costa Rica, and like sriracha, it's more than just a generic hot sauce.

http://www.melindas.com/index.html

They have several flavors, and heat levels.

http://www.melindas.com/products.html

It is absolutely awesome with grilled chicken. This is the one I love. Not as stupidly hot as I usually go for, but it is just so damn delicious. Might be a little over the top, heat wise, for most:

http://www.melindas.com/sauces/xxxx.html

• 1 year later...