SRIRACHA!

bartshan-83

Does anyone else love this incredible Asian hot sauce like I do? For years I've been trying to convince people how great it is but I'm usually met with a lukewarm response. Then yesterday I was eating out and I asked the waitress if they had any and she launched into this whole thing about how incredible it is and how she puts it on everything.

I mean, I'll slop it on sushi, rice, eggs, pizza, chicken, sandwiches, styrofoam, etc. It's off the chains.

(For those who don't even know what I'm rambling about....I mean this stuff)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never tried it but it sucks.

Was the waitress hot?

:thumbsup:

Christ two days in a row you've made a funny!!! You are on a roll beersphere!

In response to Bart's question, yes have tried it. Nope don't really care for it. Were you the guy trying to convince us to use it when making chicken wings?

I refuse to answer your question until you retract your first blasphemous sentence.

Actually had the stuff last time I was in Newark, Delaware visiting my parents.....my lil sister is a Notre Dame grad as well. By the way I thought it was OK but nothing too special. :thumbsup:

In response to Bart's question, yes have tried it. Nope don't really care for it. Were you the guy trying to convince us to use it when making chicken wings?

People Who's Taste I Respect

Beerball

Bullpen

I kid....and no, that wasn't me. While I think it might be good, I know better than to suggest to a group of Buffalo people that you make your wings with Asian hot sauce (or anyting besides Frank's and butter for that matter...but that's a whole different conversation).

Actually had the stuff last time I was in Newark, Delaware visiting my parents.....my lil sister is a Notre Dame grad as well. By the way I thought it was OK but nothing too special. :thumbsup:

Your parents live in Newark? Damn, son...holler at me next time you come through.

Your parents live in Newark? Damn, son...holler at me next time you come through.

Yeah right by that new Hocassin (sp?) Athletic Center if you know where thats at? I know Delaware isn't all that big but still not that familiar with it. Did you go to Notre Dame, if so when did you graduate? My sister was a swimmer there and I used to go visit for games about once a year.....not a huge Irish fan but going to games at ND is pretty sweet.

:censored:

You're a roll today as well Mr. Shan! You obviously are well rested this morning and on top of your game! Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express by chance?

My senses get piqued when my beloved hot sauce is attacked. :thumbsup:

C'maaann...no other worshipers at the Temple of Tuong Ot Sriracha?

Does anyone else love this incredible Asian hot sauce like I do? For years I've been trying to convince people how great it is but I'm usually met with a lukewarm response. Then yesterday I was eating out and I asked the waitress if they had any and she launched into this whole thing about how incredible it is and how she puts it on everything.

I mean, I'll slop it on sushi, rice, eggs, pizza, chicken, sandwiches, styrofoam, etc. It's off the chains.

I'm not a fan, but I know many are. It simply isn't anywhere near hot enough for me, and it is also sweet, which I do not like in a hot sauce.

In Chinese restaurants, I ask for the chili oil (or sometimes they call it "chili sauce") which is simply crushed red peppers in oil. The cooks use it.

In a Thai restaurant I order the dishes "extra Thai hot", and if it isn't hot enough, I ask for more thai chilies to add to the dish.

I'm not a fan, but I know many are. It simply isn't anywhere near hot enough for me, and it is also sweet, which I do not like in a hot sauce.

In Chinese restaurants, I ask for the chili oil (or sometimes they call it "chili sauce") which is simply crushed red peppers in oil. The cooks use it.

In a Thai restaurant I order the dishes "extra Thai hot", and if it isn't hot enough, I ask for more thai chilies to add to the dish.

Charmin?

For years, I use to put it on my dishes in Thai restaurants without bothering to look at its name. Recently, a friend said 'that is Sriracha sauce'. Bought a big bottle (damn its cheap) and love it. Haven't tried it on pizza and eggs but makes bland noodles and stir-fry very tasty.

Now we're getting somewhere....Pooj, Fan in Chicago and the, the, the Doc are disciples of the mighty Rooster bottle.

Who else? Don't be shy now!

Edit - Pooj...didn't realize you had made a thread talking this stuff up a few months ago. Didn't mean to jump your grave here!