Gil Brandt

Says people a lot closer to the Bills than Gil Brandt.

And thats all I'm saying about the situation.

Are those the same people that were telling us Cutler was going to be a Bill? :lol::rolleyes:

Listen, neither Gil Brandt nor Buffalo "Deep Throat" nor Skooby know who the Bills will draft at any pick at any round. All I know, is that the Bills should get their DE and their OT with those two picks, in whatever order they choose. And in the last couple of drafts, I have to admit the circle jerks have drafted for their obvious needs. Donte Whitner under Levy was the last jaw dropper, so I don't expect any shocks, be it Ayers, Oher, or other DE's or OT's taken.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are those the same people that were telling us Cutler was going to be a Bill? :lol::rolleyes:

Nope, they never had a thing to say about Cutler coming to Buffalo...probably because there never WAS any discussion about Cutler coming to Buffalo.

I trust my source very much...they haven't led me astray yet.

I suspect with the Peters trade we are pretty much out of the defensive lineman biz for number 11. If we don't get a first rate OT in this draft the season goes downhill and the FO becomes the laughingstock of the NFL. I for one would NOT want to wait to 28 to address this need. Kind of takes Ayers pretty much out of the equation as far as the Bills are concerned as nobody really expects him to be available at 28. Trading up or down doesn't make much sense as we should get one of the top three OT's with a tiny bit of luck at 11 and there should be a number of very good defensive line prospects, Center prospects, or OLB prospects or even a quality tight end (Pettigrew?) at 28. We are in a pretty good draft posture to address real needs, but OT is the biggest need right now.

Ayers will be a good player for somebody. Not Buffalo.

I suspect with the Peters trade we are pretty much out of the defensive lineman biz for number 11. If we don't get a first rate OT in this draft the season goes downhill and the FO becomes the laughingstock of the NFL. I for one would NOT want to wait to 28 to address this need. Kind of takes Ayers pretty much out of the equation as far as the Bills are concerned as nobody really expects him to be available at 28. Trading up or down doesn't make much sense as we should get one of the top three OT's with a tiny bit of luck at 11 and there should be a number of very good defensive line prospects, Center prospects, or OLB prospects or even a quality tight end (Pettigrew?) at 28. We are in a pretty good draft posture to address real needs, but OT is the biggest need right now.

Ayers will be a good player for somebody. Not Buffalo.

I just dont agree that we absolutely have to take a OT with that 11th pick......

I hate to get painted into a corner and be forced to pick soley out of need....that is where you get your busts

I just dont agree that we absolutely have to take a OT with that 11th pick......

I hate to get painted into a corner and be forced to pick soley out of need....that is where you get your busts

50th overall 3 years ago, and a good starter from day one:

http://www.nfl.com/players/marcusmcneill/c...ts?id=MCN657532

There were worries about his back, which is why he dropped. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...ayers/2501.html

I agree, but think that there are three high quality OT prospects in this draft and it may very well be that they will be taken by 11, but I have a hunch one of them will slip through. If none of them is available I'd say go for the best defensive lineman available...and while I would grab Ayers, I can see plenty of good arguments for a couple of others at 11...in such a case we'd get us a second tier OT at 28.

I hope - no, I pray - that you're both wrong. It blows my mind that three sacks turns into a stout NFL pass rusher according to some people.

Well you know that I agree with you on Ayers, Leo-Mac.

But to play Devil's Advocate, because there's so much speculation as to why he's made this meteoric rise, I think the number that turns people's heads on Ayers is the 15.5 TFLs as a Senior. At least that shows that he's got some playmaking ability.

Well you know that I agree with you on Ayers, Leo-Mac.

But to play Devil's Advocate, because there's so much speculation as to why he's made this meteoric rise, I think the number that turns people's heads on Ayers is the 15.5 TFLs as a Senior. At least that shows that he's got some playmaking ability.

Yeah, I hear that. I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on this guy at #28. But to grab a guy with 3 sacks at #11 just seems so irresponsible. And I know playing in the SEC he played the best (while a guy like Sidbury certainly didn't), we desperately need a guy to get to the QB. I know you're not a big Orakpo fan, but playing at Texas he played against the best, he had a sick Combine, and he's freakish in the weight room. He's not Vernon Gholston; he'll play with his hand down. None of this dropping into coverage crap. "Go get the QB, Brian."

Yeah, I hear that. I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on this guy at #28. But to grab a guy with 3 sacks at #11 just seems so irresponsible. And I know playing in the SEC he played the best (while a guy like Sidbury certainly didn't), we desperately need a guy to get to the QB. I know you're not a big Orakpo fan, but playing at Texas he played against the best, he had a sick Combine, and he's freakish in the weight room. He's not Vernon Gholston; he'll play with his hand down. None of this dropping into coverage crap. "Go get the QB, Brian."

And if he can do just that, I'll gladly eat crow at every meal!

You cannot judge prospects solely on statistical numbers. That is ridiculous, and will not give you good results, plain and simple. If it worked that way, then Pettigrew shouldn't be anywhere near the first round, Jerry Hughes from TCU should be the first DE taken since he led the nation in sacks, Laurinites should be taken before Curry due to the numbers, etc, etc. Judging Ayers on his sack numbers alone is a copout.

Quoted for truth :lol:

You cannot judge prospects solely on statistical numbers. That is ridiculous, and will not give you good results, plain and simple. If it worked that way, then Pettigrew shouldn't be anywhere near the first round, Jerry Hughes from TCU should be the first DE taken since he led the nation in sacks, Laurinites should be taken before Curry due to the numbers, etc, etc. Judging Ayers on his sack numbers alone is a copout.

That doesn't make any sense. Of course sack numbers aren't the only thing, but three??? His production declined after his sub-par 4-sack junior season. Who was the last first day DE to actually have his sack total increase after leaving college??? His would have to increase four-fold to make him worth the #11 overall pick. So no, it's not the only thing, but to ignore it completely is foolish and will contribute to more playoff-less years in Buffalo.

YES.There are lies ,damn lies,and statistics...........but 3 SACKS????????