Do you go to church on Sundays in the fall?

major

Do any of you go to church on Sundays during the fall (when the Bills play)? I recently spoke with a Buffalo native who shared how sad it is there now, because few fans go to church on Sundays. For the residents of Buffalo, was he telling the truth? With a 1PM start time, I would assume people would have time to go to church and still make the game in person. That, or they could tivo/dvr the game and start it a few minutes late. I often do this on Sundays and I catch up to the real game time rather quickly after skipping the commercials. Just curious.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of you go to church on Sundays during the fall (when the Bills play)? I recently spoke with a Buffalo native who shared how sad it is there now, because few fans go to church on Sundays. For the residents of Buffalo, was he telling the truth? With a 1PM start time, I would assume people would have time to go to church and still make the game in person. That, or they could tivo/dvr the game and start it a few minutes late. I often do this on Sundays and I catch up to the real game time rather quickly after skipping the commercials. Just curious.

I notice absenteeism more in the summer than during football season. I can make 10:30 at Queen of Heaven in West Seneca, stay for the entire Mass and still be in my seat at the Ralph about 30 minutes before kickoff.

"I recently spoke with a Buffalo native who shared how sad it is there now, because few fans go to church on Sundays."

Is there an option to reply to this post by saying I do not attend church, and I do not find it sad that others do not attend church?

"That's not all you need my friend."

I also find it condescending to tell someone who obviously doesn't believe in religion that they need to...

Judging from the other replies, I guess it's just me?

saturday vigil...but then again i do that most weeks anyway football or no

No. Then again I only go on Christmas and Easter. As one of the 50 Protestants in Buffalo I wouldn't have the option to go to a service on Saturday night and I always wondered what the attendance of Saturday Mass was on the day before a Bills home game versus an away game or off season.