Rank the DE's the Bills may consider at #11...

Here's mine(this assumes Orapko is gone)...

Ayers(rising up the boards and after Orapko, probably the best available to play in a 4-3)

Brown(above average pass rushing skills).

Jackson(viewed as more of a 3-4 end and not as much of a pass rush threat).

Maybin(too small for my liking. He added 20 pounds, but how will that effect his speed).

I's be okay with Ayers, Brown or Jackson, but if all that is left is Maybin, I'd look at another position instead...Cushing?

Ayers(rising up the boards and after Orapko, probably the best available to play in a 4-3)

Maybin(too small for my liking. He added 20 pounds, but how will that effect his speed).

I's be okay with Ayers, Brown or Jackson, but if all that is left is Maybin, I'd look at another position instead...Cushing?

I'd say

1. Orakpo

2. Ayers/Brown (both have talent and i think both of these guys would instantly upgrade the pass rush and the front 7)

I'm not sold at all on Maybin. He's small, and put on too much weight too fast. It'll be tough to tell how he'll play at his new weight. There's something about him i don't trust.

I think Maybin and Brown might fall well past #11. If I am the Bills I wait on DE until #28.

From the end of the 1st through mid 2nd I'd watch for: Michael Johnson, Larry English, Lawrence Sidbury, and Connor Barwin.

If defense is the pick at #11 I'd seriously consider Clay Matthews Jr.; we need help at OLB and Cushing, Lauriniatis, and Maualuga are all ILB's.

1) Everett Brown

2) Orapko

If we were hell bent on getting someone who can get to the QB and these two are gone then I'd consider Matthews out of USC.

Many seem to think that he has the most upside blitzing ability out of this year's draft from the LB position with Larry English. The reason why I'd choose Matthews over English is his familiarity at the LB spot, and comes from a defensive system at USC where they are accustomed to drop back into coverage effectively.

I think he could probably be had further down the draft, and ideally I'd like to try to trade down with our second and third round pick to try to go after him.

2) Michael Johnson maybe?

Ayers, Maybin= Heck no

I'd rather go Larry English than those guys

and i'd go James Laurirntistitsititististit > Cushing

Michael Johnson? Are you serious?

I agree about English. I'd take him over Ayers or Maybin as well.

1) Everett Brown

2) Orapko

If we were hell bent on getting someone who can get to the QB and these two are gone then I'd consider Matthews out of USC.

Many seem to think that he has the most upside blitzing ability out of this year's draft from the LB position with Larry English. The reason why I'd choose Matthews over English is his familiarity at the LB spot, and comes from a defensive system at USC where they are accustomed to drop back into coverage effectively.

I think he could probably be had further down the draft, and ideally I'd like to try to trade down with our second and third round pick to try to go after him.

I'm very skeptical on everyone in round 1 I think. Brown is smallish. Ayers is a possible one-hit wonder. Maybin is small and put on weight and that could affect his speed, also a one year wonder.

2nd round: Michael Johnson if he's there is an absolute freak if you can get him focused. The "high-motor" guy is Paul Kruger from Utah.

3rd round: Lawrence Sidbury, Richmond. His NFLDraftScout NFL comparison was Hugh Douglas. Not ideal size, but no quit in him and has the ability to play versus the run and rush the passer. Compared his first step explosiveness to Trent Cole or Elvis Dumervil. Not quite as fast as Freeney, but better against the run.

To your question -

Brown

Ayers

Maybin

Jackson

But - None worth taking at 11. At 28, if we were looking to pressure QB, I would consider Brown or Maybin - maybe Conner Barwin or the Matthews kid from SC before the other two....

I think Maybin and Brown might fall well past #11. If I am the Bills I wait on DE until #28.

From the end of the 1st through mid 2nd I'd watch for: Michael Johnson, Larry English, Lawrence Sidbury, and Connor Barwin.

If defense is the pick at #11 I'd seriously consider Clay Matthews Jr.; we need help at OLB and Cushing, Lauriniatis, and Maualuga are all ILB's.

As far as I know, Cushing is an OLB.

Orakpo (but I don't think he'll be around at #11)

Ayers/Brown (too close for me to call right now)

Jackson (yeah, yeah, he's supposedly not a good fit. All he'll do is kick your ass all game long)

Barwin/English/Sidbury (haven't sorted this one yet either...I like all 3)

Absolutely not to Michael Johnson unless at #75.

GD I wish we had that #21 pick.

Question on Ayers: saw a highlight film and it looks like he gets three sacks a game- check the stats and he has three sacks for the season and 9 career- Jackson's not a sack expert either (4.5 sacks senior year, 19.5 sacks career) but I think he could move inside to DT on passing downs - does Ayers bring that versatility?

Question on Ayers: saw a highlight film and it looks like he gets three sacks a game- check the stats and he has three sacks for the season and 9 career- Jackson's not a sack expert either (4.5 sacks senior year, 19.5 sacks career) but I think he could move inside to DT on passing downs - does Ayers bring that versatility?

From what I've read and seen, Ayers, who didn't become a starter till his senior season (he started 2 games as a junior) he moves around quite a bit. He was their starting RDE this year but he would occasionally line up at tackle and LDE. As a sophomore he was a LDE.

He had 4 sacks and 12 TFLs as a junior which led the team.

He had 3 sacks and 15.5 TFLs as a senior which led the SEC. He was credited with only 6 pressures all season long which is preposterous because in 14 plays against Alabama I saw him get 4 pressures on 5 passing plays. He's a shade under 6'4" and a shade over 270 lbs. Although he doesn't have the production that Justin Tuck had at Notre Dame, many scouts think he is the same sort of talent. Yes there are concerns about his sack totals. I love the guy.

Ayers is the most intriguing prospect and his potential is exciting.

Maybin has a lot of upside, he's only 21 and figures to get a lot bigger and better with time.

Brown is the best pure pass rusher and has upside.

It's a tough call, but my vote goes to Brown because he is the best sack artist of the bunch and sacks are what we need.

1. Orakpo -- so strong and fast -- if he can get a hand on the ball carrier, he has a tackle -- he has a great build that should help him stay healthy

2. Brown -- gets to the passer better than anyone else in this draft -- he is OK at checking for the draw play -- he doesn't finish plays nearly as well as Orakpo or Ayers

3. Ayers -- Loves the contact -- puts everything into every play -- better all-around than just a pass rusher -- biggest mystery in the 1st round

4. Move on to TE of LT