• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read Al Franczak's article

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/als09scoop.html

Interesting....

Plus maybe we can squeeze a 4th round pick for WR Roscoe Parrish...

I dont know if four tackles go in the top ten, and I think Smith, Smith, Monroe all go before Oher. If all four do go top ten that means someone considered to be to good should be there. The guys from Path to the draft seem to think both QBs go top ten, and some think all three because after Sanchez a bidding was will start for Freeman( who was one of the prospects brought to Radio City Music Hall). So if it unfolds like that 7 players in the top ten will be OT's or QBs, also it is certain Curry and Orakpo would be gone leaving the Bills a shot at Raji or Cushing (who I believe I have read that Singletary likes one pick ahead of us just like P Willis a few years ago.)

would be interesting move. All the know-it-all draft prognosticators would call it unnecessary since they have Oher going in the mid first anyway. And then it would be labeled a reach at 8 and a needless waste of 4th round pick. Of course their opinion doesn't actually mean anything.

I don't buy it, that Oher is "our prize". I don't think we should move up at all. If anything, we should be trading down. If this does happen, it's another wasting of our draft picks to move up for some DUMB reason ala moving up to get McCargo, I hate even the thought of this happening :rolleyes:

Let me get this straight..

The Bills basically trade a known entity in Peters and our fourth round pick for a unknown in Oher and a six round next year?

How does that make any sense? I understand we still have the 28th but the Bills already had Peters and the 11th pick.

We need those picks or this trade is worse than it already is.

I don't buy it, that Oher is "our prize". I don't think we should move up at all. If anything, we should be trading down. If this does happen, it's another wasting of our draft picks to move up for some DUMB reason ala moving up to get McCargo, I hate even the thought of this happening :rolleyes:

:P Right on.

If you read the "latest scouting reports" on Oher, you start to think Mike Williams 2. The worst thing I read about him was on one mock draft, saying he would be a nice fit for the Chargers because although he can't pass block worth a damn, he is a good run blocker, and the rest of the Chargers' line would compensate. I don't think the rest of the Bills' line will be doing too much compensating if there is any truth to that report.

Rookies always are over evaluated, and Oher could be the best OT rookie by the end of this season, for all any of us know. I just absolutely think the Bills don't have to trade UP for any of these guys, and waste additiional picks, period.

The Bills basically trade a known entity in Peters and our fourth round pick for a unknown in Oher and a six round next year?

How does that make any sense? I understand we still have the 28th but the Bills already had Peters and the 11th pick.

No... it would be a 1st and 6th.

I don't buy this at all.

The Jags need a speed receiver (Holt doesn't change that) and also have been salivating over B.J. Raji if he were there. They also need serious help at tackle themselves. I don't believe they would trade out of that pick and not take either Raji, Maclin, or Oher, and especially for a couple 4th round picks.

Let me get this straight. The FO would give up their NFL proven, starting LT and their 4th round pick in exchange for the 4th rated tackle in this year's draft class with serious questions around his ability to transition to the NFL, and essentially moving down in the 1st round from 11 to 28, because that's the first pick they'd have available to address their original needs? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Right on.

If you read the "latest scouting reports" on Oher, you start to think Mike Williams 2. The worst thing I read about him was on one mock draft, saying he would be a nice fit for the Chargers because although he can't pass block worth a damn, he is a good run blocker, and the rest of the Chargers' line would compensate. I don't think the rest of the Bills' line will be doing too much compensating if there is any truth to that report.

Rookies always are over evaluated, and Oher could be the best OT rookie by the end of this season, for all any of us know. I just absolutely think the Bills don't have to trade UP for any of these guys, and waste additiional picks, period.

I'm not sure what scouting reports you're reading but they don't mesh at all with the many that I've read. For what little that is worth. Virtually all the reports I've read have him as an "exceptional" pass blocker. Also, he weighs a solid 50 lbs less than Mike Williams and stayed an extra year in school to refine his game rather than cash out last year. I see no record of laziness, of not taking care of his body. He seems to have done everything in his power to be as good a player as he can be up to this point.

No... it would be a 1st and 6th.

We have the 11 and the 28th pick ..

According to this logic we use the 11 to replace Peters and the 28 for a DE or whatever TE OLB ...

We get a fourth and a sixth next year is really what we got for Peters. If we trade the extra forth we got and trade ours to move up we have left a sixth round pick and Oher. We are also out our 4th rounder and are not going to get as good of a DE with the 28 as we would have with the 11.

Peters trade is a 4th and 6th round next year and we lose 17 spots to finally select a DE. Even if we use the 11 on a DE we still must address the LT position with the later first round pick. Go look through the last ten years of the drafts how many 3-7 rounders are still on this team? I can't remember who said it but if the Eagles think that he was worth the money and they go the playoffs almost every year he was probably worth the money. At the very least it would be nice to have a winning season. Getting rid of one the best players is not a way to get better. In the hopes that some 4th and 6th round pick can do something is plain foolishness.

We have the 11 and the 28th pick ..

According to this logic we use the 11 to replace Peters and the 28 for a DE or whatever TE OLB ...

We get a fourth and a sixth next year is really what we got for Peters. If we trade the extra forth we got and trade ours to move up we have left a sixth round pick and Oher. We are also out our 4th rounder and are not going to get as good of a DE with the 28 as we would have with the 11.

Peters trade is a 4th and 6th round next year and we lose 17 spots to finally select a DE. Even if we use the 11 on a DE we still must address the LT position with the later first round pick. Go look through the last ten years of the drafts how many 3-7 rounders are still on this team? I can't remember who said it but if the Eagles think that he was worth the money and they go the playoffs almost every year he was probably worth the money. At the very least it would be nice to have a winning season. Getting rid of one the best players is not a way to get better. In the hopes that some 4th and 6th round pick can do something is plain foolishness.

So would you rather not have Oher?

I don't buy this at all.

The Jags need a speed receiver (Holt doesn't change that) and also have been salivating over B.J. Raji if he were there. They also need serious help at tackle themselves. I don't believe the would trade out of that pick and not take either Raji, Maclin, or Oher, and especially for a couple 4th round picks.

This is not the first I've heard that Jacksonville is trying to move down. I saw Todd McShay report the same, about a week ago.

the most important thing you need to realize is Peters obviously wanted out of Buffalo

are you really against this because you dont want to lose a 4th round pick which are usually backups and special teams players that rarely turn into anything more then that...yes you have guys like McGee but more often then not 4th rouners are backups at best....this team needs talent and playmakers and with the 28th pick they have a chance to add that

if this were to happen they would get an immediate replacement for Peters in Oher at a much cheaper price and probably not lose much if any in production plus the chance to add a guy like Pettigrew or one of the DE's left on the board

Even if a trade with Jax is true, why would the Bills tell them who we are targeting, and why would Jax leak the info? I don't doubt that the Bills have something in the works, be it trades in the draft or picks for veterans, but I seriously doubt this happens.

Good point, but who else would the Bills be moving up with Jacksonville for? Orakpo?

Oher or any tackle makes sense, that's why it was probably assumed.