Demetrius Bell

Kyle Williams did say he is VERY tough to practice against and once he gets his hands on you you are done as a defensive player. He has a lot of raw talent, but so do many players. I do think with his athleticism and training he could be in the line this year. He played well in preseasn last year which is encouraging.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we'll see in the pre-season, worst case scenario is hamdan gets his chiseled face mangled and bell sits on the bench another season...

Impossible. When Hamdan steps on the field, defensive players look on in inspired awe. His feet are cushioned from the rose petals they delicately lay at his feet.

Kyle Williams did say he is VERY tough to practice against and once he gets his hands on you you are done as a defensive player. He has a lot of raw talent, but so do many players. I do think with his athleticism and training he could be in the line this year. He played well in preseasn last year which is encouraging.

I'd feel a lot better if a young Aaron Schobel was making these comments. Kyle Williams is an effort player, not a gifted player. I would like to hear comments about Bell from a playmaking DE...

I personally don't want Bell anywhere near the starting lineup at any position. Even with him being athletic, the bigger 3-4 ends will walk him into Edwards on a regular basis. As for playing guard!?!?!?!?! Someone please explain how a guy who only managed 9 reps is gonna get ANY push in the run game!!!!! Just say no to Bell. :rolleyes:

The way of the Bills. Draft well in the low rounds (or sign undrafted players), develop the player, let the player get to his prime then trade him away. In the mean time give too much money to your underperforming picks who will stay with you and be "good teammates" until they retire. Maybe Kelsay can play LT or LG this year. Wilson swithched to defense so why can't we have someone go the other way?

Punch!

I'd feel a lot better if a young Aaron Schobel was making these comments. Kyle Williams is an effort player, not a gifted player. I would like to hear comments about Bell from a playmaking DE...

Well that would require Schobel to actually show-up to off-season workouts. :rolleyes:

Every FO has a replacement plan before they cut a staring player and my thinking is that the FO saw enough progress in Bell to make DD expendable with Chamber plan B for LG. After it became clear that Peters was not going to sign plan C option was to sign Mckinny. We will draft a lineman, my guess would be Britten with the 28 pick we received for Peters to play RT and keep Bell at LG. leaving Chamber and Mckinney as primary back ups. I could see this working with Walker getting help against speed DE from the back and TE.

Or how about give him 9 or so games of starting experience and then outright cut him for no apparent reason? (Terrence Pennington)

Yeah leave it to the Bills to get rid of a franchise cornerstone like Terrence Pennington. It obviously had nothing to do with the fact that he was a sh------- tackle drafted in the 7th round who was forced to start due to injury and was out of football about a year later. We all know it was because he was ready to blossom into a perennial pro bowler and the Bills cut him loose so they wouldn't have to pay him.

I personally don't want Bell anywhere near the starting lineup at any position. Even with him being athletic, the bigger 3-4 ends will walk him into Edwards on a regular basis. As for playing guard!?!?!?!?! Someone please explain how a guy who only managed 9 reps is gonna get ANY push in the run game!!!!! Just say no to Bell. :rolleyes:

once he gets into the drug enhancers that POZ is using, he will get strong in no time

real nasty too

hope he doesn't want kids though

I personally don't want Bell anywhere near the starting lineup at any position. Even with him being athletic, the bigger 3-4 ends will walk him into Edwards on a regular basis. As for playing guard!?!?!?!?! Someone please explain how a guy who only managed 9 reps is gonna get ANY push in the run game!!!!! Just say no to Bell. :(

That is why you need a big stout Tight End helping Bell over on that side......

Pettigrou

I personally don't want Bell anywhere near the starting lineup at any position. Even with him being athletic, the bigger 3-4 ends will walk him into Edwards on a regular basis. As for playing guard!?!?!?!?! Someone please explain how a guy who only managed 9 reps is gonna get ANY push in the run game!!!!! Just say no to Bell. :(

I'm sure that he hasn't lifted a weight all year.

God, do you know how HARD it is going to be replacing Jonas Jennings!? That guy was a rock on the LT spot, leave it to the Bills to FINALLY fix their LT position, only to see him leave during the offseason.

F THIS TEAM!!!!! EVERYONE SUCKS!!!@!!1!! ROFLCOPTER!!!

Ugh, and now you want to put this untested kid in at RT to get him prepared to work LT? God, he was undrafted! Mark my words, Jason Peters will never be a successful LT in the NFL, he was a friggin TE for godsakes!

...whoa, sorry there. Had a flashback...

I don't remember ANY outcry about Jennings leaving.