Demetrius Bell

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I, too, saw promising play from Bell last year. I HOPE the FO believes in him because we still have all the other needs we had before JP departed. Drafting a LT with one of the first round picks negates the whole thing.

DE, C/G, LB & TE remain huge holes that have to be filled with players not currently on the roster, IMO.

I believe that now would be a propitious time to initiate the launch of the Demetrius Bell Bandwagon.

I know it was just preaseason, I know that. But I did like what I saw of the guy. He was big, but seemed to have quickness and that most important trait for a left tackle, agility.

I like his body and I mean that in a non-gay way, not that there's anything wrong with that. He is big without appearing fat. It kinda reminds of JASONPETERS!

I hope he will get the first shot at LT. I know he has no experiene but only one way to get it. Anyway this shapes of as year 11 of the rebuilding program, If all the guy is lacking is experience, give it to him. Langston Walker or the fat OT from Alabama are not the answer.

guys like you crack me up. just give him a shot @ LT. give me a freaking break. like its nothing to play the most demading position on an offensive line. maybe they can find a big guy on the street who looks the part and give him a shot. totally clueless.

That is why you need a big stout Tight End helping Bell over on that side......

Pettigrou

Pennington needed help when he played RT in 06 on most downs. The idea, especially if you're trying to exploit the seam down the field, is to involve your TE in the passing game occasionally. We cannot do that because we're too busy needing the TE to block.

There are plenty of guys who can be blocking TE's. This team needs to A) Find one who can block and receive, with a premium on the last item and B) get a mauler at RT.

The skill set for a RT is different than that of LT. A RT will get help from the TE to seal the edge, and doesn't face top pass rushers (LDE's) as much as a LT. So it's not as big a deal if they guy's footwork is slower and they play heavier in weight.

Britton is 310 and a little light to play RT.

God, do you know how HARD it is going to be replacing Jonas Jennings!? That guy was a rock on the LT spot, leave it to the Bills to FINALLY fix their LT position, only to see him leave during the offseason.

F THIS TEAM!!!!! EVERYONE SUCKS!!!@!!1!! ROFLCOPTER!!!

Ugh, and now you want to put this untested kid in at RT to get him prepared to work LT? God, he was undrafted! Mark my words, Jason Peters will never be a successful LT in the NFL, he was a friggin TE for godsakes!

...whoa, sorry there. Had a flashback...

Well done, sir.

That is why you need a big stout Tight End helping Bell over on that side......

Pettigrou

I'm starting to think we could trade down with SD, allowing them to leapfrog Denver in getting a Tyson Jackson or a BJ Raji, were they both to fall. We could drop down to #16 where Pettigrew would almost certainly be available, pick up an extra 3rd (if SD is willing, obviously) and still grab an OT at #28. There seems to be little doubt Pettigrew will be a Heath Miller-type pro, whereas there's all sorts of doubts about the professionals Andre Smith and Michael Oher will become.

I'm sure that he hasn't lifted a weight all year.

So where would that put him now? Five reps??

I think that's because he never played a full 16 games while with Buffalo. He only played a double digit season of games for SF once out of four years.

Neither did Peters. Not at LT.

So, basically, you haven't got any evidence that Bell is ready for prime time so your reply is nothing but an incorrect, poor attempt at telepathic mind reading of another poster.

It's no different than you talking about his 9-10 reps of 225# at the combine (a year ago). As if he could never get stronger. :(

I, too, saw promising play from Bell last year. I HOPE the FO believes in him because we still have all the other needs we had before JP departed. Drafting a LT with one of the first round picks negates the whole thing.

DE, C/G, LB & TE remain huge holes that have to be filled with players not currently on the roster, IMO.

There are too many things you said right here. :(

I personally don't want Bell anywhere near the starting lineup at any position. Even with him being athletic, the bigger 3-4 ends will walk him into Edwards on a regular basis. As for playing guard!?!?!?!?! Someone please explain how a guy who only managed 9 reps is gonna get ANY push in the run game!!!!! Just say no to Bell. :unsure:

I wasn't going to comment on these threads but yours was just so info mangled, IMO that is, that I had to respond....

Yeah, Stanger, he did 9 reps on the 225 power lift, but that was a year ago and all indications are that a lot has changed since then and it's beyond me that you wouldn't be aware of that.

By all accounts Bell has put on somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 to 20 lbs of muscle, and that being the case wouldn't you think that among other things he's spent some serious time in the weight room....hmm? Maybe he's at 15 to 20 or so reps now, huh?

Addionally, look at his videos, the guy flat out has great mobility. So, combine greatly increased strength with real fine mobility and a full year going up against our defensive linemen and, well... we'll see.

The final thing I want to say is that Peters came out of college as a non drafted TE with no OL experience what-so-ever, and went on to a starting OT position in a VERY short period of time. Bell has several years of OT experience (not to mention a good bloodline by the way), and now a full year going up against our defensive linemen every day in practice.

I say ... look out, the guy has a real shot to do it. AT LEAST as much as what Peters had when he came up.

Your post gets a :(

guys like you crack me up. just give him a shot @ LT. give me a freaking break. like its nothing to play the most demading position on an offensive line. maybe they can find a big guy on the street who looks the part and give him a shot. totally clueless.

PUNCH!

It's no different than you talking about his 9-10 reps of 225# at the combine (a year ago). As if he could never get stronger. :(

Yep...and as if bench reps are a great indicator of a player's ultimate future in the NFL. Hell, we need a DT. Maybe we can bring Leif Larsen back in. With his 50+ reps, he should be the greatest DT to ever play the game. :unsure:

All I know is that the Bills have had a year now to watch Bell in practice and in the weight room. They know far more about him than they do any of these equally unproven draft prospects. If the Bills feel that he can handle a starting spot on their OL, I'm not going to argue with them. They obviously know far more about him than any of us do. That's no guarantee that he'll succeed, but there's no guarantee that an 11th overall pick at OT will, either, and there are plenty of question marks surrounding those guys as well.

Well, it's a fact. It's also a fact he came from a small school and was inactive all last year. Maybe that is what doesn't sit well with your fondness for him and blind faith that the front office has every contingency fully covered.

I'll spell it out for you so you can connect the dots. I never said he couldn't improve. I never said he wasn't stronger now than he was then. I never said he couldn't get stronger. I never said he couldn't play or that he wasn't ready. I asked a throw away question on the light side and you chose to read into it that I was totally pessimistic about the situation and was crapping on the kid. That's on you and shows what you think about the kid.