Dominic Rhodes signed for 2 years

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two years makes sense. The Bills plan to let Freddie walk next year.

The Bills retain his rights next year as a restricted free agent. why would they let him walk, they have for cheap or they get reimbursed if he signs elsewhere.

I do find it funny that the DAY the Bills trade their franchise LT, their next move is...sign a skill position player.

:worthy:

What do you expect they have been bringing in RB's for awhile. he fills a need and he signed today. please list all the FA left tackles that could come in here and start then.

His plan was to sign a very good backup rb to piss people off? Interesting take.

It is just the totality of the idiotic moves that OBD keeps making, particualry over the last year or two...not really a comment about Rhodes. He is fine.

I guess I am kind of surprised that signing a "name" free agent running back(who has had trouble sticking with a team), to back up the disenfrnachised back-up (who has probably done enough to earn a new contract) while the starter serves a suspension, is such a priority, when the Bills seem to be going out of their way to cutting costs, at what I see (offensive line) as perhaps one of the two most important factors in building a winning team. We can have all the quality depth at the skill positions, but with a crummy offensive line (and as bad as we may have thought it the last few years, it is now significantly worse), it will be more of the same...

Of course, maybe the Bills will now turn around and trad Marshawn, to show that they are committed to character. I am sure Russ is licking his chops at the idea of acquiring another 5th round draft pick, and if he plays his cards right, maybe even a sixth thrown in to boot...good times!

Good move.

The Rhodes contract likely has much less guaranteed $ than Fred Jackson wanted.

The Bills have a guy capable of starting 3 games.

Now, Jackson has a choice - sit out and hope for a trade or play for the league minimum.

BTW, since when is a person's rap sheet predict thier character.

I know many high charicter people with checkered pasts.

I also know a lot of scumbags who I wouldn't even want on my co-ed vollyball team.

Character is about what someone is going to do when things get tough. A high character guy is someone you want by your side when things go bad. If that guy is willing to stand up and fight with you, who cares if he has a DUI.

Make that 3-for-11.

Either that, or we're just being wiseasses.

Closer to being dumb asses on this board.

Rhodes is a good blocker including picking up blitzers.

Fred Jackson is also used on punt returns so it gives him a break on first play after punt return.

What do you expect they have been bringing in RB's for awhile. he fills a need and he signed today. please list all the FA left tackles that could come in here and start then.

I think the point is it doesn't matter how many all world skill players you have if you dismantle your OL and reduce it to a high school squad.

if this is true its an excellent move...Rhodes played well last year in a backup role behind a beat up O-line and in reality played just as good or better then Addai which is why Im surprised Indy would let him walk

Rhodes is also an outstanding receiver out of the backfield

I cant believe I've applauded this organization twice in one day...whats next, they sign another LB?

Hey, I have no problem with this move. He was honestly the best out of all of the RBs we brought in, I dont know why they wasted their time with guys like Kevin Jones and DeShaun Foster when he was out there.

Good depth...lets just make sure that Freddy gets his new contract next week.