All of you Anti-Peters fans can rejoice

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YES! You got YOUR WISH....A probably Franchise LT who would have been happy with an extension and with an entire TC would have a big year next year...is gone...YIPPEE!!!

NOW we have MORE picks so Draft Experts can say "Well Buffalo had a nice draft" and you can sip on a beer and feel all warm and fuzzy inside...as the Bills try to develop ANOTHER LT who MIGHT be good!!!!

Congrats, and cannot wait for another 6-10 season!!!

So let me see, you agree with making a tackle the highest paid LT in the NFL when you can't even say for sure that he is a franchise tackle-but a "probably Franchise Tackle"? I agree with others, 6-10 isn't far off from what we have been doing for the better part of the last decade. It is what, one more loss, that will just move us up a little in the 2010 draft. Go Bills! Good Riddance Fat Lazy *ss Peters!

Peters wasn't the Best LT in the NFL but he was top 5- as for all the people who thought the hardball was the way to go and that the Bills had all the leverage- you're just not very bright- this could have been handled to everyone's satisfaction last year if the Bills would have been pro-active- the Bills think it's all business and it is, it's show business - if the bills want to play hardball they better get out of the football business and open a steel plant or something because show business is all about keeping the talent happy.

No, but they are readily available in the draft.

Franchise LTs?

You get maybe one a year. They are usually taken in the top 5. We will likely get ours next year....with the 1st overall pick in the 2010 NFL draft...

Give me a break. This bow down and take it in... crap for Peters. He sat out last year, he came back and sucked. What's to say he wouldn't do it again? And really the Bills were winning was he was out whining about his contract. Good Bye Peters!!

I agree with you 1,000,000 percent. He isn't that great, in fact last year just the opposite. We won more last year when he was whining, holding out or not playing much because he wasn't in shape. He was never going to be happy, so I am glad they shipped his fat lazy ass out of here. He put a cloud over the whole training camp last year and into the season. He was a big part of the reason our offense never jelled, because of his whiny ass holding out.

Why did they bother signing Owens for a year and then go do this? If you are rebuilding, which we are doing again now, why get an aging star. This team will go absolutely no where next year. Then they will fire Jauron and Fewell, Then we will move to a 3-4 and all the kitty's we just drafted to play the Tampa defense won't fit the new defense and we will have to re-tool again. What a freaking joke.

People remember Ryan Clady was taken by Denver at, what, #12 last year?

People said the same thing over Jennings, Price, and Clements. How did those work out? Jennings busted with SF, Price is out of football, and Clements is making wayyyy too much money for what he offers. I'm not overly worried about this.

Peters may be have top 5 talent, but he wasn't a top 5 tackle in this league, no way, no how. Maybe someday he will be, but I'm not willing to stake a cap-killing contract on it and potentially put the Bills in the hole for half a decade, a la Mike Williams.

All in all, not what I wanted, but I'm glad he's gone. There's still a lot of work to be done, but if Oher gets taken at #11 I think we won't be any worse off for it, and will have extra picks to boot. We could really clean up in this draft if we scout our talent out correctly.

By the way, can a moderator just merge all these threads or is that wishful thinking???

YES! You got YOUR WISH....A probably Franchise LT who would have been happy with an extension and with an entire TC would have a big year next year...is gone...YIPPEE!!!

NOW we have MORE picks so Draft Experts can say "Well Buffalo had a nice draft" and you can sip on a beer and feel all warm and fuzzy inside...as the Bills try to develop ANOTHER LT who MIGHT be good!!!!

You see what you choose to see, and ignore what doesn't fit your current emotions.

Why did they bother signing Owens for a year and then go do this? If you are rebuilding, which we are doing again now, why get an aging star. This team will go absolutely no where next year. Then they will fire Jauron and Fewell, Then we will move to a 3-4 and all the kitty's we just drafted to play the Tampa defense won't fit the new defense and we will have to re-tool again. What a freaking joke.

Owens cost the team $6.5M and didn't piss off the fans (yet). Peters would have cost nearly twice that and did piss off the fans. Also, he didn't perform at a high level last year whereas Owens - a guaranteed hall of famer - did.

This locker room will be closer and more focused knowing their roles heading into the season versus last year. I don't have a doubt that they will also play better because of it. We will be putting alot of stock into atleast 1 rookie to be a major contributor on the OL, whether it be at OG or OT remains to be seen. Can it work out? A first year starter worked out just fine for many teams over the last couple of seasons. San Diego, Indy, Denver, and KC are proof of that. Our guys in charge of scouting need to be spot on this year, but I still feel like this is the year we make the moves that put us back on top of the AFC within a couple of seasons.

What kind of message does this send to the league about this franchise?

And to the team you have now?

It sends the message that this team is moving forward with or without you. I fundamentally disagree with your high regard of Peters. He was a Pro Bowl tackle 2 YEARS AGO. He was a shell of that last year. I would argue the OLINE played as good without him as they did with him (and even with him at a pro bowl level we went 7-9).

Also -- last year, he balked at the money after getting an inflated head about his pro bowl and demanded the team show him the money -- after being given a new contract extension a year before. If we signed him big a year ago -- do you think he would have been receptive to giving money back after last year's pitiful performance?

Bottom line - we got a first round pick, a fourth round pick and a TBD pick for an undrafted free agent that is inconsistent. I'll gladly take the money he left on the table and work on making the team better -- it happens all the time. You win with those on the field. Peters wasn't last year.

So let me see, you agree with making a tackle the highest paid LT in the NFL when you can't even say for sure that he is a franchise tackle-but a "probably Franchise Tackle"? I agree with others, 6-10 isn't far off from what we have been doing for the better part of the last decade. It is what, one more loss, that will just move us up a little in the 2010 draft. Go Bills! Good Riddance Fat Lazy *ss Peters!

So I bet you want Malcolm Jenkins in the 1st round as well?

Thanks for sharing...

Our attitude on the field has now permeated our FO. We now just lay down and rollover for anybody...Where is that K-Y Jelly?

What did you expect? They kept that loser of a HC...He's still in every meeting giving his 2 cents on how to lose...

Never underestimate the losing powers of Dead Dick...Or the power of the dark side for that matter... :thumbsup:

Noone is leaving. Sorry. Peters was a legit franchise LT. They don't grow on trees.

Peters was good when he was committed and in shape; I don't know what happened to him after he started playing last year but he wasn't the same and was not able to play his way back to a high level.

Peters wanted to be the Highest (not on par with, but HIGHEST) paid LT in the league. We may be giving up on a franchise tackle, or we could be dodging a big fat bullet and anchor on the teams salary cap for years to come. There are a lot of teams out there that had a lot more success on offense than we did last year.

What Peters was asking for was unreasonable considering his level of play, he refused to compromise and created an impasse. The Bills did what they had to do, he did not give them much of a choice.

Of course I am concerned about the blocking on Trent's blind side, but the Peters/Dockery duo gave up a lot of sacks last year I am hoping that with more weapons and another year under his belt, Trent will be able to get rid of the ball a bit quicker. I am also hopeful that Walker can take care of business if he ends up where he started last year.

At least the line that will be playing will be the line that is in camp practicing together.

R

Peters wasn't the Best LT in the NFL but he was top 5- as for all the people who thought the hardball was the way to go and that the Bills had all the leverage- you're just not very bright- this could have been handled to everyone's satisfaction last year if the Bills would have been pro-active- the Bills think it's all business and it is, it's show business - if the bills want to play hardball they better get out of the football business and open a steel plant or something because show business is all about keeping the talent happy.

You really think he was one of the Top 5 LTs last year? What are you basing that on? And please dont say the Pro Bowl.

The Bills did have all the leverage. They traded him. They decided he was not worth what he wanted to get paid. And they decided to get something for him this year instead of watching him hold out again, show up out of shape, play poorly, and then get injured. To me they made the right decision.

Oh and in show business you can do some stupid things off the big screen, and end up costing your career, just ask Tom Cruise.

That's right. It happens - I recall CIN's Levi Jones (#10 in 2002), because he's what comes to mind, and I'm sure other posters can name more.

That isn't the way we roll cincy. You know that because we were the team who drafted a fat, injured RT that year after passing on both Jones and McKinney.

At 11, Smith and Monroe will be gone. I am an Alabama Fan and I don't want Andre Smith. He too is fat and I question his motivation after the way he showed up at the combines. Oher? I would have loved him at left guard.

It's a mess cincy man.

It sends the message that this team is moving forward with or without you. I fundamentally disagree with your high regard of Peters. He was a Pro Bowl tackle 2 YEARS AGO. He was a shell of that last year. I would argue the OLINE played as good without him as they did with him (and even with him at a pro bowl level we went 7-9).

Also -- last year, he balked at the money after getting an inflated head about his pro bowl and demanded the team show him the money -- after being given a new contract extension a year before. If we signed him big a year ago -- do you think he would have been receptive to giving money back after last year's pitiful performance?

Bottom line - we got a first round pick, a fourth round pick and a TBD pick for an undrafted free agent that is inconsistent. I'll gladly take the money he left on the table and work on making the team better -- it happens all the time. You win with those on the field. Peters wasn't last year.

Not to be a wiseass, but do you think that Andy Reid is dumb? Seriously. My only point is that Jason Peters is very good, or else Reid wouldn't want him.

Reid is a proven winner. Jauron is a proven loser.