Sources: Peters to Eagles for three picks

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more upset about the compensation than the actual trade. I'm still trying to figure out in what universe a 4th and a 6th is better than a 3rd. We could have had 5 picks in the top 85, but no, we're smarter than the rest of the league, so we'll pass on the 3rd so we can get an extra 6th. Camp fodder! Yay! Super Bowl bound!

A sixth next year, no less. Discounted to present value, that makes it worth a 7th-rounder this year.

I don't necessarily think the Bills got ripped off, but a very late first, a late fourth, and a (probably late) sixth next year is not a very impressive package.

Please.

THIS is the day you are humiliated? Not the countless on the field mishaps or flops?

This is a trade that I think both sides lose......Philly will over pay for a J Peters and the Bills should have gotten a little more compensation....I would have liked to have seen the bills get the higher first round pick this year, and a 3 this year and a 6th next year......but thats not a big difference from what the bills actually got......but how will line look now?????

LT Walker

LG Butler

C The new FA pickup from the panthers

RG ??????

RT Chambers

Maybe the bills could get their DE with their first first round pick and get Max unger with the last 1st round pick....and then move the FA pickup from the panters to LG and Butler back to RG.........you may say we need to get a tackle this year, but if you remember Walker filled in very well for Peters when he played LT

Another scenario is bills get their DE with the first first round pick, they use the 2nd first round pick on Pettigrew and maybe unger or one of the other good centers will be their for their 2nd round pick

What about free agent market??? Any good tackles out there?

If Peters was in the draft pool, the lions most likely would have taken him first overall. Now I know we were not trading him to a top ten pick team-but the 28th pick is horrible compensation. less than likely to replace him w a probowl caliber player there-or at 11. draft is a crap shoot, and we traded a sure thing. frustrating. :thumbsup:

You do remember that NO ONE drafted Peters coming out of college right?

Lets wait and see how it all unfolds. Lets say the Bills want to pull a trade with Parrish for somebody they're targeting and needed a 4th to close the deal. Now they have their extra 4th and a conditional next year.

And we couldn't trade our own 4th while pocketing a 3rd?

3rd rounder > 4th rounder

And we couldn't trade our own 4th while pocketing a 3rd?

3rd rounder > 4th rounder

I have no idea....just throwing it out there for people to be patient, a lot could happen between now and Peters actually being traded/signed.

Plus..maybe the Bills didn't want to spend $ on a 3rd rounder.

I have no idea....just throwing it out there for people to be patient, a lot could happen between now and Peters actually being traded/signed.

Plus..maybe the Bills didn't want to spend $ on a 3rd rounder.

Didn't wanna spend money on a 3rd rounder? That argument loses any and all weight once you are outside the top 5-10 picks. A 3rd rounder will be signed to around a 4 year 2-2.5 million (total) contract.

You're telling me the Bills are too damn cheap to pay 600k per year for a 3rd rounder?

Glazer said late round pick. I would assume it's a 6th or 7th that could move up a notch.

If that's true, it's a crappy deal. If it's another first day pick, then I would have to rethink my criticism.

A minor update ... salary talks are going well for Peters, but adhering to some salary-cap nuances might make it tricky for the Eagles to finalize tonight. Looks like it might be Saturday or Sunday before it's official.

A hiccup, I suppose, but nothing to jeopardize the deal.

Well, from a personal persepective this saves me a lot of money too, as if the Jauron slap in the face wasn't enough then this seals the deal. I will not be travelling nor attending any games this season, not purchasing any additional Bills merchandise, etc. I've paid for ST so I'll be watching, but that's about it. You couple all this news with the Toronto BS going on, and I feel as though I'm slowly bracing for the inevitable.

Oh, and for those now clamoring for Oher, he is dumber than Jason Peters and lazier/less motivated than Mike Williams. So I'd rethink that strategy before going down that road again.

I'll reserve judgement until I see what the conditions on the 2010 pick are. As it stands, its a bit underwhelming, but at the same time, but they didn't have much choice.

I agree Brandon. Also, lets see who we pick at 28th for our team. I doubt Pettigrew will still be there, but if he is that would be nice. Does anyone know what the conditions are for the 2010 pick?

A minor update ... salary talks are going well for Peters, but adhering to some salary-cap nuances might make it tricky for the Eagles to finalize tonight. Looks like it might be Saturday or Sunday before it's official.

A hiccup, I suppose, but nothing to jeopardize the deal.

Thanks for the update Tim!

We didnt even have to shine the Tim Signal this time!