behold the power of bacon

/dev/null

Prosciutto is not bacon. :thumbsup:

That's the point. This contraption uses bacon and prosciutto. It's the bacon that supplies the real fire power.

Now pancetta, on the other hand...

Arguably very expensive bacon.

Pancetta is very expensive (and very delicious) bacon. As Buckeyemike noted, Prosciutto is very expensive (and very delicious) ham.

Next thing someone will claim they both come from the same animal. A wonderful, magical animal.

Pancetta is very expensive (and very delicious) bacon. As Buckeyemike noted, Prosciutto is very expensive (and very delicious) ham.

Next thing someone will claim they both come from the same animal. A wonderful, magical animal.

Isn't prosciutto from the an animal very similar to the Bacon? I mean it's the same four-legged animal as the Bacon, it's just a farm animal only found in Italy right? :thumbsup:

I mean, there are Bacon farms in the deep south I've heard, so there must be a similar thing in Italy and it's called a Prosciutto farm right?

Mingia, now I'm fuggin confused.

Isn't prosciutto from the an animal very similar to the Bacon? I mean it's the same four-legged animal as the Bacon, it's just a farm animal only found in Italy right? :thumbsup:

I mean, there are Bacon farms in the deep south I've heard, so there must be a similar thing in Italy and it's called a Prosciutto farm right?

Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?

Lisa: No.

Homer: Ham?

Lisa: No.

Homer: Pork chops?

Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.

Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S92dHxgZ5Ag

Isn't prosciutto from the an animal very similar to the Bacon? I mean it's the same four-legged animal as the Bacon, it's just a farm animal only found in Italy right? <_<

Bacon is smoked and or cured meat from a pig generally from the back or even the loin where prociutto is cured only and comes from the leg.

That's the point. This contraption uses bacon and prosciutto. It's the bacon that supplies the real fire power.

Now pancetta, on the other hand...

No it uses only prociutto.

I used prosciutto (Italian for "expensive bacon") because it is a superior engineering grade of meat. I wrapped slices of it into thin tubes and baked them overnight in a warm oven to drive off all the water. Then I bundled seven of those together, wrapped them in additional slices, and baked the bundle again until it was hard and dry.

Bacon is smoked and or cured meat from a pig generally from the back or even the loin where prociutto is cured only and comes from the leg.

No it's not Chef... it comes from the North American Animal called "Bacon." It resides mostly in the southern regions of North America. Similarly, but not the same animal is the North American Rib, which is where we get spare ribs from. When the Rib has off spring we take them from their mother and butcher them and that's where we get baby back ribs from!!! Geez, for a chef you sure don't know much about the sources of the food you prepare. <_<

And as I've said before Prociutto comes from the Italian animal called Pociutto! In fact Prociutto translated literally to 'Merican means "The Fancy Bacon Animal."